WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Performance Boat Candy set to release two new products this July

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Performance Boat Candy is just about set to release two more kick ass products to add to our already popular lineup; Crystal Cut polish and Crystal Gloss wax.

Crystal Cut polish
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Performance Boat Candy? Crystal Cut? polish uses the most ultra-refined cutting powders available to remove oxidation, swirl marks, fading, water spots, and 2000 ? 3500 grit scratches. This zero dust proprietary formula offers a swirl-free perfect mirror finish in just a few passes. Crystal Cut polish is a water-based product that contains no silicone or waxes, so it?s clear coat, gel coat, and body shop safe.

Crystal Gloss wax
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Performance Boat Candy? Crystal Gloss? polymer wax glaze provides a long-lasting deep shine that repels water spots and micro contaminants. This acrylic blend utilizes an anti-static formula offering the highest level of UVA and UVB protection. Crystal Gloss contains advanced gloss enhancers to produce a vibrant, high-clarity result while filling in minor swirl marks and imperfections producing unmatched results.

As you can see by the pics below, these formulas also provide that coveted "wet look" on your vehicles.

Attachments

• Crystal Cut Label.jpg
    Crystal Cut Label.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1786-1.jpg
    IMG_1786-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1723-1.jpg
    IMG_1723-1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1635-1.jpg
    IMG_1635-1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1567-1.jpg
    IMG_1567-1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1469-1.jpg
    IMG_1469-1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 5-14-11 Havasu 195-1.jpg
    5-14-11 Havasu 195-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 5-14-11 Havasu 191-1.jpg
    5-14-11 Havasu 191-1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 5-14-11 Havasu 183-1.jpg
    5-14-11 Havasu 183-1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Crystal Gloss Label.jpg
    Crystal Gloss Label.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 284

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
How does this do with clear coat??

Both products are designed for use on gelcoats or clear coat. You can also use the Crystal Cut on metal surfaces as well. The polish uses the finest cutting powders available and there is literally no dust or residue after polishing or waxing.

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Hey Tim... when will you have some of the new stuff out in Havasu? Would like to try the Crystal Cut on my pacalon where it is a lil cloudy.

Mike in Havasu

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Hey Tim... when will you have some of the new stuff out in Havasu? Would like to try the Crystal Cut on my pacalon where it is a lil cloudy.

Mike in Havasu

Hey Mike. I'll be there this weekend for the Magic Regatta...I'll see if I have any of the pre-production batch left over. If so, I'll try to swing some by to you. If we don't catch up this weekend, I'll be back in Havi for July 4th weekend with a few cases. Leigh has your contact info, but PM it to me so I have it. Talk to you soon.

rlemn8r

Let's go to the river..
Reaction score
Does the crystal cut polish have to be used with a buffer or can you use it by hand?? Looks like it works well, but sometimes using a buffer can be inconvenient.

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Does the crystal cut polish have to be used with a buffer or can you use it by hand?? Looks like it works well, but sometimes using a buffer can be inconvenient.

Great question.

Technically you can apply it by hand, however it's recommend that you apply via either a DA or high speed machine for best results (but its really a preference call). The polish requires a certain amount of frictional heat created by the machine in order to get the maximum benefit and to get an even uniform finish (this is standard with most polishes on the market). Further, the desired finish also depends on the type of pad (heavy down to light) you are using, which is really only effective when used with a polisher. Lastly, using a polishing machine will cut your work time down by roughly 60%-75%.

We recommend the Porter Cable 7424xp as a great all-around DA polisher with a medium or light pad to start. This polisher is very easy to use by anyone and will yield professional results. We'll be offering complete polishing/waxing systems along with instructional videos on our site soon (polishers, pads, and accessories).

Let me know if you have any further questions in this area, I'd be happy to have a phone conversation to walk you through the entire process...just shoot me a PM.

Tim

Director...
Reaction score
We recommend the Porter Cable 7424xp as a great all-around DA polisher with a medium or light pad to start. This polisher is very easy to use by anyone and will yield professional results. Tim

you should consider recommending the Flex XC 3401 instead....It is light years better.....just sayin...:p

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
you should consider recommending ...

I suppose that is one opinion but I'm going with the 7424xp based on some new information.

Attachments

• pbc.jpg
    pbc.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 581