WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker big boats...

42johnny

Reaction score
What's the largest boat you have seen in the river at Parker............

Johnny

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That massive Magic cat that i think is 44' long with like a 12' beam.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
That massive Magic cat that i think is 44' long with like a 12' beam.

but why!?!?!? there should be an 'ENFORCED' limit on that ish...IMHO it would be maybe 24-25' what do u guys all think??

Reid

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
Saw an upper 30 foot Fountain out there once. Dude was screaming up and down. He was even cornering the bend over near Buckskin like he was driving a Porche on a race track. :eek:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have to say that big ass magic. I agree there should be some sort of limit, but that will never happen.

Its not uncommon to see a 42' fountain out there anymore.
________
BDSM TOYS

Last edited:
R

Retired Member

47' Fountain SC..... thing was massive. It was a few years back on Thanksgiving.

I will say there were wakeboard boats throwing bigger wakes.

Andy01

Reaction score
I'm curious why there should be a size limit?

Boat wake? The wake board boats put out more wake then a 44' MTI.

Unsafe?

Takes up to much space at the bar?

Trailer takes up to much space at the ramp?

Andy

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
opinion on size limit would be to big to manuever in case of emergency or when they are running a 100+ maybe to big to slow down in a hurry.I think maybe with the smaller boats even if you are running a 100+ you could get out of a bad situation alot quicker and safer

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Unsafe?

Andy

IMO it all has to do with Safety. Unlke places like Havasu where you can pick a line and go. Parker you are constantly changing direction dodging other boaters, zig zagging etc.. The large boats are not able to do this as easily. I have driven large boats on the strip (30'+) and have experience with this firsthand. The wake thing has nothing to do with it as most big boats at speed produce little wake (especially cats) the wakeboard boats loeded with ballast do far more damage.
________
Vision Insurance Forums

Last edited:

42johnny

Reaction score
I did not want to look to out of place with my boat......
Either to small or to large.

Johnny

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The really big boats seem to turn up on the Holidays.

River Runner

Reaction score
A family member brought up his brand new 38' Magic for a weekend out there, we cruised around but it was more of a problem to have a boat that big on the river, he came back and that monday and sold it, now has a 27' and that is perfect.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score

Unsafe?

Andy

Because they can't afford one?;)

SodarSki73

Reaction score
I am going to say your boat is a little on the large size for Parker, Johnny. Head to Mead, Havasu or the ocean with a boat like that!

Good Looking boat though!

42johnny

Reaction score
SodarSki73 thanks...

I was wanting to take both boats to one location,
I would be afraid to put the 18'jet boat on Havasu...
And not sure about the big one " just cruising/Parked "at Parker.

Johnny

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Because they can't afford one?;)

Really??.....or do some have more sense than to run a large boat on a small waterway?:hmm

I would venture to say that most that own property in Parker and boat there often, can easily afford a large boat especially with the way the market is right now. I can say that anything over 29 feet would stick out past the fingers of my dock. I have had 38s and 42s tied up to my dock and it was more of a hassle driving them than it was worth. We preferd taking the smaller boats out. Now in the ocean or large lakes the bogger boats rule.
________
HONDA CL72

Last edited:

Ryphraph

Reaction score
I remember the '44 Magic. Didn't the trailer get hung up because the wheels fell off the end of the ramp at the Bluewater?

Ryph

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
I remember the '44 Magic. Didn't the trailer get hung up because the wheels fell off the end of the ramp at the Bluewater?

Ryph

haha!!! that must suck ass...

but seriously, my rule of thumb is: if you cant make a clean u-turn anywhere above buckskin, you shouldnt be on the river in that boat...ive seen numerous nice big ass boats have to take a 3-point-turn on the strip...not good in an emergency situation...any thoughts?

Reid

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
I say nothing over 25' and NO SEADO'S in Parker!!!

Make it happen! :D :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Ryph

That's what I heard..

On teh subject at hand, I've seen a 42 Fountain on Parker, and truthfully (it's just my humble opinion so take it for what it is)

It's waaaayyyy to big of a boat for Parker.

RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
28' and under is o.k in my book;)

Don't count the swim steps either...lol:skull:D

Ryphraph

Reaction score
I've taken a ride in a 29' Cheetah V-Hull that didn't seem too big. It was pretty dead out on the water, but it had no trouble turning around anywhere.

Ryph

Ryphraph

Reaction score
That's what I heard..

On teh subject at hand, I've seen a 42 Fountain on Parker, and truthfully (it's just my humble opinion so take it for what it is)

It's waaaayyyy to big of a boat for Parker.

RD

I agree. With the kind of scratch it takes to get into a ride like that, you must be way slumming at Parker. You need to be out ballin' somewhere more your level ;-)

Ryph

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
I had the Scarab LuckyStrike up there Several Times Before I Got The 36 Concept And Shes Been Up and Down Several times As well as One of the Few BlueWater Boats to go from Davis to the Channel(Havi)again Several times without F...ing Sumthing Up....Well There was this One Time:D:D

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score

but seriously, my rule of thumb is: if you cant make a clean u-turn anywhere above buckskin, you shouldnt be on the river in that boat...ive seen numerous nice big ass boats have to take a 3-point-turn on the strip...not good in an emergency situation...any thoughts?

Reid

I'm with you LB.
I have seen that Fountain down by Echo. It has to stop, turn 180 degrees and power back up again. Not to mention when it is getting to plain it can't see anything in front of it. Just my 2 cents.

Andy01

Reaction score
So it is a size, speed thing. So a big boat going slow would be okay?

I say if you want to run anything with any speed on Parker it is a pain in the ass and not really safe ,21-41. A 21' Shiada at 100 mph breaks a steering cable and truns right at 90 degrees is safter then a twin engine boat doing the same?

My 30' Spectre was a handful at the sandbar and ramp. It just got pushed all over from the current. I don't even run my 26' on Parker because it is a pain in the ass with the boat traffic. I would rather ride my stand ups on Parker, and boat Havasu.

As for property owners owning anything they want, I don't think that is a true statement. I would think most have spent thier money on the place they bought. Now if I was using a handed down home or my mom/dads familys house I would own a pretty decent size boat. I had to buy my house so I can't afford a big boat.

Andy

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
but why!?!?!? there should be an 'ENFORCED' limit on that ish...IMHO it would be maybe 24-25' what do u guys all think??

Reid

I think we need more laws and lot's of em! Maybe we can get our new laws in bushels instead of pecks. :rolleyes:

I'm building my new dock out of aluminum, them damn rollbar boats are hard on docks!

boatnam2

Reaction score
There is nothing worse then the roll bar boats, there built to put up a huge wake plus they think everyone wants to watch then go 5 mph behind the boat so they usally run 20 feet off the docks.Next is the 2 ocean boats always in parker with the flybridge and upper deck.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I think we need more laws and lot's of em! Maybe we can get our new laws in bushels instead of pecks. :rolleyes:

I'm building my new dock out of aluminum, them damn rollbar boats are hard on docks!

The ammount of money we spend on dock repairs/maintainence is rediculous. but since our dock is irreplaceable we continue to spend whatever we have to to keep it in tip top shape.
________
Shower xxx

Last edited:

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
The ammount of money we spend on dock repairs/maintainence is rediculous. but since our dock is irreplaceable we continue to spend whatever we have to to keep it in tip top shape.

Bill why is your dock irreplaceable? :hmm

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Bill why is your dock irreplaceable? :hmm

we have one of the few floating docks on the strip. I think the only other place with the style dock we have is Mike Mack. The current rules regarding docks allow for one figer and it must be a fixed dock. We have 3 fingers (4spots) and it actually floats on the water. so less wear and tear on the boats tied up to it. The dock is granfathered in and we can keep it as long as it does not get disconnected and we keep it out of disrepair.

The docks in these pictures is what is now allowed.
Parker3002007027.jpg

100_1047.jpg

This is our dock
Stokerheaven.jpg

________
BUY MFLB

Last edited:

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score

Reid

I can turn on a dime in my 29'.

Faceaz

Reaction score
The wakeboard boats are the main problem to me & the people that think driving them just @ plaining speed is a good idea - even when there's nobody wakeboarding. I bet it's possible to make a hull design that throws a big wake, without pushing it to the sides. Something that sucks up water & channels it into a lip, instead of just using the weight of the boat to plow through the water.

Personally I don't see the point in anything over 27' to 29', just doesn't make sense. The size doesn't really effect the wake size though, our 24' cat makes a much smaller wake than many 19' to 21' boats.

jake

Banned
Reaction score

Reid

While we're at it how about no red boats, I hate those red boats!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My old 21' Carrera felt about right out there. I've not been back since I got my 26, just "feels" too big for that environment.