WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outboard Question

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
Most people on this site have V-8 boats. Hopefully someone can help me out. After seeing a couple of great restoration projects, I feel it is time to restore my '66 Tahiti. It doesn't have the original outboard, but it does have a great '72 Merc 115 with the Thunderbolt ignition. I don't want a newer engine because it takes away from the vintage look. Does anyone know someone that can rebuild this engine?

I don't think they make parts for it anymore.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Call Sandy at B&J Marine... Pomona CA.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Al Stoker at John's Custom Marine in Stanton is the first name that comes to mind to me when your talkin 2smokes.

He knows how to make stuff rip! :thumbsup

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
Anyone in LHC? The thought of loading the motor in the back of the Prius and driving back to LA with it does not sound fun.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
JC Marine has a good reputation. Thats who's worked on my 2smoke in the past. :thumbsup

fmo24

Reaction score
check with al's outboard LHC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Most people on this site have V-8 boats. Hopefully someone can help me out. After seeing a couple of great restoration projects, I feel it is time to restore my '66 Tahiti. It doesn't have the original outboard, but it does have a great '72 Merc 115 with the Thunderbolt ignition. I don't want a newer engine because it takes away from the vintage look. Does anyone know someone that can rebuild this engine?

WOT Marine can rebuild it no problem.. They are also always out in parker / Havi so I'm sure they could pick it up and bring it home for you, as well as deliver.

RD

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
WOT Marine can rebuild it no problem.. They are also always out in parker / Havi so I'm sure they could pick it up and bring it home for you, as well as deliver.

RD

I would recommend WOT also. They just fixed up my buddies old Evinrude 88. The motor had sat for years and when my buddy pulled the cover off there was a rats nest the size of Texas in it. I personally thought it was a lost cause. WOT fixed it up quick and very easy on his pocket book. We put it on the boat hooked it all up and it fired right up. Yesterday we took it out for the first time (in the ocean) and it ran flawless! It was the best first voyage I've ever been on. The motor never skipped a beat. I am still surprised today how well it all worked.

WOT can get it done!!

W.O.T MARINE

Reaction score
I would recommend WOT also. They just fixed up my buddies old Evinrude 88. The motor had sat for years and when my buddy pulled the cover off there was a rats nest the size of Texas in it. I personally thought it was a lost cause. WOT fixed it up quick and very easy on his pocket book. We put it on the boat hooked it all up and it fired right up. Yesterday we took it out for the first time (in the ocean) and it ran flawless! It was the best first voyage I've ever been on. The motor never skipped a beat. I am still surprised today how well it all worked.

WOT can get it done!!

Glad to hear:thumbsup:thumbsup Thanks again for the referal.

Kyle

W.O.T MARINE

Reaction score

If you have any question please give us a call. I just took a quick look, and I can getparts for your engine, I saw pistons, sleeves, bearings, carb kits, electronics,ec.
Thanks,
Kyle

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
Glad to hear:thumbsup:thumbsup Thanks again for the referal.

Kyle

What do you think? '72 Merc 115 w/Thunderbolt ign. It has never been rebuilt, just a new lower unit 10 years ago. I ran it hard every year until 5 years ago when I bought a bigger boat. It has been sitting ever since in LHC.

W.O.T MARINE

Reaction score
What do you think? '72 Merc 115 w/Thunderbolt ign. It has never been rebuilt, just a new lower unit 10 years ago. I ran it hard every year until 5 years ago when I bought a bigger boat. It has been sitting ever since in LHC.

we can diffently help you out. Call the shop and I get a better idea of exactly what you are looking for.
760-804-2766
Kyle