WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ouch that hurts

propcheck

Reaction score
So I got my biannual bill for car insurance on four personal vehicles and it went up 50.34%😳 no changes ,no claims. But they did include a nice letter that says they did it because they could😡 I used to think of insurance as protection for my assets now it is no different than taxes they take it because they can and Because it is the law in most parts and get nothing of quality in return. Sorry just venting but it is a bit crazy for such a huge jump.

Subadvantage

Reaction score
No Shit!! Mercury doubled my annual insurance cost for my four vehicles because my got a speeding ticket. They assigned the worst driver to the highest cost vehicles, i.e. Rated my wife as the driver of my 2500 HD and me (exceptional driver) tp my daughters inexpensive Equinox. Any way they can to increase the premiums. Bastards!!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Must be California. My rates with Progressive have remained fairly stable over the past 10+ years. What increases they've put in, have been off-set by loyalty, and other discounts. Even with recent claims (Windshield replacements plus wife ran over a boulder in front of IHOP in Havasu), my premiums have been within around 10 bucks for the past decade.

Same with the Classic Car insurance for my '69 Beetle through Hagerty.

702sandman

Reaction score
We can thank every single person that gets in an accident and has zero injuries and goes running to a freaking ambulance chaser lawyer. My employee took off at a light and looked down for a second and barely tapped an old Jetta car and dented the trunk a little, that Was it no injuries nothing. Cops showed up took a report and off he went. i find out months later when we get our renew prices it went up $35k for the year. I called my agent and said WTF he then let me know they had to pay out $125K due to injuries for that accident. I was so pissed and said why did no one contact me or step up to fight this and he said you can’t fight a back Injury it’s impossible to prove so they have to pay out. I’m so over insurance and these ambulance chasers !! They are the main reason for this shit

4Waters

Reaction score
We can thank every single person that gets in an accident and has zero injuries and goes running to a freaking ambulance chaser lawyer. My employee took off at a light and looked down for a second and barely tapped an old Jetta car and dented the trunk a little, that Was it no injuries nothing. Cops showed up took a report and off he went. i find out months later when we get our renew prices it went up $35k for the year. I called my agent and said WTF he then let me know they had to pay out $125K due to injuries for that accident. I was so pissed and said why did no one contact me or step up to fight this and he said you can’t fight a back Injury it’s impossible to prove so they have to pay out. I’m so over insurance and these ambulance chasers !! They are the main reason for this shit
Careful about saying no way they were injured.

I went on a call for an accident in a parking lot, 2 cars backed into each other, very very slight damage to the bumpers and one of the drivers complained of neck pain. I thought for sure BS call just looking for a pay day. Full c-spine transport to the hospital.

Couple hours later transported someone else to the hospital and the charge nurse told us that our last patient actually had a cervical fracture. I was blown away and I never thought BS call again.

A couple guys here have seen the pictures of my super10 vs a mustang (neither faired well) and I'm out with pretty good neck and back pain.

702sandman

Reaction score
Careful about saying no way they were injured.

I went on a call for an accident in a parking lot, 2 cars backed into each other, very very slight damage to the bumpers and one of the drivers complained of neck pain. I thought for sure BS call just looking for a pay day. Full c-spine transport to the hospital.

Couple hours later transported someone else to the hospital and the charge nurse told us that our last patient actually had a cervical fracture. I was blown away and I never thought BS call again.

A couple guys here have seen the pictures of my super10 vs a mustang (neither faired well) and I'm out with pretty good neck and back pain.
I can totally see this in like 5% maybe but this happens way to often when there is no injuries. The car had 4 kids ranging from 17-19 years old. When it’s legit I understand but a lot of the time it’s definitely not legit

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
So I got my biannual bill for car insurance on four personal vehicles and it went up 50.34%😳 no changes ,no claims. But they did include a nice letter that says they did it because they could😡 I used to think of insurance as protection for my assets now it is no different than taxes they take it because they can and Because it is the law in most parts and get nothing of quality in return. Sorry just venting but it is a bit crazy for such a huge jump.
If you’re in CA…get a crash course in Spanish from the local taco truck guys and quit paying insurance, registration, and whatever else you don’t feel like paying for. You’ll be fine.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
If you’re in CA…get a crash course in Spanish from the local taco truck guys and quit paying insurance, registration, and whatever else you don’t feel like paying for. You’ll be fine.
That’s the truth

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Is it any better in Arizona?
It’s waaaay better in Az , my home Ins is about $384 , Ca couldn’t even get it unless I went through Lloyd’s of London . Car insurance is about 1/3 to 1/2 . I do go online and look for the cheapest , and I have good credit .

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Careful with Progressive with boat insurance. My fine print authorized them to be allowed to use used boat parts when deemed necessary. No wonder they were so cheap!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Is it any better in Arizona?
My insurance has nearly doubled in the last 18 month and I have shopped it.. We have good credit and no filed accidents/tickets any time recently.

Also....my wife got ran into in March....our car is still waiting to go into shop....bc no one wants to work with progressive. Reminds me I need to deal with that tomorrow and likely call an attorney. Fuck those clowns.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I pay 450 dollars a year for my new 2024 bmw x5 m60i with progressive.
I truly hope you never have to use it...my x5 40e is going on 4 months of sitting in my garage with minor bumper damage and a shattered sunroof. No one wants to work with them.... Ive been scheduled in going on three shops now for them to each cancel last minute over progressive. I've already contacted insurance commission and will be calling an attorney this week. its bullshit. The adjuster has tried to arbitrarily close our claim 3x now stating we didn't get repairs done. I cannot stand her.

4Waters

Reaction score
My insurance has nearly doubled in the last 18 month and I have shopped it.. We have good credit and no filed accidents/tickets any time recently.

Also....my wife got ran into in March....our car is still waiting to go into shop....bc no one wants to work with progressive. Reminds me I need to deal with that tomorrow and likely call an attorney. Fuck those clowns.
I don't remember rogressive being bad to deal with when I was in the body shop industry. State Farm and Farmers were difficult, Mercury and AAA were pretty easy Mercury being the easiest. That being said I left that industry 23 years ago but it's my understanding that Mercury is still one of the easiest to deal with and they still shy away from aftermarket parts. Mercury would rather put a factory used part on than a aftermarket new part. Multiple times we rejected the used part that came because of dings and shit and they just authorized a factory new.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Careful with Progressive with boat insurance. My fine print authorized them to be allowed to use used boat parts when deemed necessary. No wonder they were so cheap!

They depreciate all boat parts too. I know that from the service side of things.

4Waters

Reaction score
You do that with your auto insurance as well but with fenders and other body parts used OEM fits like an OEM part unlike a new aftermarket which usually fits like shit.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I truly hope you never have to use it...my x5 40e is going on 4 months of sitting in my garage with minor bumper damage and a shattered sunroof. No one wants to work with them.... Ive been scheduled in going on three shops now for them to each cancel last minute over progressive. I've already contacted insurance commission and will be calling an attorney this week. its bullshit. The adjuster has tried to arbitrarily close our claim 3x now stating we didn't get repairs done. I cannot stand her.
Get a different shop. I can’t imagine why a shop would refuse to take insurance money for repair.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Has it been to the dealer shops, or independents? I'd honestly think they don't want to open the can of worms that may come with the sunroof. Not that a sunroof makes much difference, but what flex the body took to break the the sunroof.
Hope your wife and daughter didn't get hurt or cut up:(

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
I’ve got Geico/Boat US and got a 46% premium bump this year. Was advised it was due to one of Gavin’s proclamations, the bastard.
We’ve got State Farm for the trucks and cars and a freaking umbrella over it all, Foremost for the house and 5th wheel and the bastards will not cover the boat. Early this year we had the drivers mirror blown out on the wife’s car (explorer), took it to our agent to make a claim and he says don’t do it, they’ll cancel you and we’ve had NO claims. Just wrong, these bastards are crooks.
Regarding the cheap rates in Arizona, Hallett Boy are you an Arizona resident? I’m in California but the boat is registered in Arizona…just wondering 😉