WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Offshore Custom Marine/Oregon Custom Marine..

Tank

Reaction score
I've met Tim a few times. Business and personal. Nice guy. I just cringe when I hear all the stories like this one. I'm a firm believer that when there's smoke there's fire. Either Tim needs to seriously re-evaluate his paperwork/business practices or there's actual fraud stuff going on.

Hard to tell because all the stories are so technical and everyone's got a side etc.

Hopefully in the grand scheme of things karma is set right to all parties involved in all these claims.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Its crap (1st time posts) like this that hurts all of us and the RDP site!

I bet he's already a member and doesn't have the balls to come forward.
In fact, I think I know who it is. For sure a DCB owner. But more important, why do we boaters always throw each other under the bus when we don't have all the facts and we go off of hearsay? Every story has a "Page 2".
If you've got a problem with someone or their company have a pair and go see the guy.
You can be sued for defamatory comments especial as a bystander - third party and make comments like you have on this site and your Facebook page: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

Really unprofessional IMO. Kind of like hanging a guy without a trial. Really Unprofessional IMO.

This kind of stuff goes on everyday in every business because people get on Angies list or Yelp and write bad reviews, with no "other side of the story". Until there is an internet polce this shit will only get worse.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Glad I made it in before the lock!!:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't think this post will last long.. 3-2-1-poof.

Glad I made it in before the lock!!:D

It's not locked.. I just didn't think we needed 2 identical threads saying the same thing.

Here's what I will say though. The only reason I let the thread fly was because it's in the local newspaper. I'm not going to tell people that they shouldn't be talking about a subject when it's in the local freakin newspaper. I will say I believe that article is shit.. Nothing more nothing less. I'm surprised the newspaper published it to be honest.

This AZDCB guy is just hating to hate.. A lot of people like to talk shit on Tim.. I can say I seriously doubt most of them have ever actually done any business with Tim. It's always "I heard this" or "I met this guy that." And who knows with shit like that.

On a personal level, Tim has advertised on RDP before. He paid his bills to us no better or worse then most the other guys in the marine industry, A LOT better then some. I have one prominent mfg that owes me over a grand right now, and while they are dancing around about it, I can pretty much guarantee they have zero intention of ever paying me. You won't see me blast them on here.

Personally I'd like to delete the thread, but I won't because it isn't worth the headache and all the bullshit I'm going to have to listen too if I do.

That all being said though, the next time certain mfg's end up inspecting the bottom of one of their boats in the water out here in Havasu.. Don't fuckin come cryin to me about it, because we can see behind the scenes here and it's pretty obvious who's pulling the strings.

RD

riverroyal

Reaction score
It's not locked.. I just didn't think we needed 2 identical threads saying the same thing.

Here's what I will say though. The only reason I let the thread fly was because it's in the local newspaper. I'm not going to tell people that they shouldn't be talking about a subject when it's in the local freakin newspaper. I will say I believe that article is shit.. Nothing more nothing less. I'm surprised the newspaper published it to be honest.

This AZDCB guy is just hating to hate.. A lot of people like to talk shit on Tim.. I can say I seriously doubt most of them have ever actually done any business with Tim. It's always "I heard this" or "I met this guy that." And who knows with shit like that.

On a personal level, Tim has advertised on RDP before. He paid his bills to us no better or worse then most the other guys in the marine industry, A LOT better then some. I have one prominent mfg that owes me over a grand right now, and while they are dancing around about it, I can pretty much guarantee they have zero intention of ever paying me. You won't see me blast them on here.

Personally I'd like to delete the thread, but I won't because it goes against my inclination of a forum and being able to discuss topics openly and freely.

RD

can I borrow a grand?

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
There is always a slant in a news article, that's how they grab your attention..... Personally I had Tim sell my 28' Daytona and he paid me immediately upon the sale of my boat.....

Chris
Devious PowerSports

Patyacht

Reaction score
Congrats. Let me know if you need some help. I've got a couple of dolly's & lifting straps etc..

ArizonaDCB

Reaction score
Let me set the record straight on a couple points brought up here by people on this Board......

For starters I have dealt with OCM / Tim personally when looking to purchase a boat and I'm very glad I purchased a boat from another Source, I got a VERY uneasy feeling dealing with him.
People around Havasu and in the Boating Community warned me about this Dealership and the problems I could be faced and low and behold other people are dealing with those exact issues.
So were all these people wrong as well and the people that are presently dealing with these issues and have Court dates set up, I hardly think so.
Tell me why we don't hear of these issues with Horizon, Maxxed Out Marine or any of the other Dealers/Brokers in Havasu or the Industry??

The quote from RiverDave that "Tim is one of the most controversial dealers in Havasu" says allot to me and is not the type of reputation that I would want my Business to have.

If there is a Lawsuit pending and other claims made there has to be "some" truth to what's happening here, all this noise cannot be about nothing.
I have received "NUMEROUS" private messages from Members on this Site saying they have had issues with this Dealership also and their glad someone finally stepped up and Posted something.
I guess these Members are wrong also...............

Combining the threads should have meant leaving my original Post in somewhere, as people had posted and predicted "POOF" it's gone.
This was published in the Newspaper and my Post was not the start of something, just comments I had made about a Newspaper article.
I'm not "hating to hate" but just bring to light the points that have been made, how would you like to be out tens of thousands of dollars on a boat deal?

Just as the original Post did this Post is changing subjects already, surprise/surprise.
I hope the Lawsuit brings out the TRUTH and honesty prevails.
This type of Business practice hurts all the Dealers in Havasu and the Industry for that matter and should not be tolerated.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Let me set the record straight on a couple points brought up here by people on this Board......

For starters I have dealt with OCM / Tim personally when looking to purchase a boat and I'm very glad I purchased a boat from another Source, I got a VERY uneasy feeling dealing with him.
People around Havasu and in the Boating Community warned me about this Dealership and the problems I could be faced and low and behold other people are dealing with those exact issues.
So were all these people wrong as well and the people that are presently dealing with these issues and have Court dates set up, I hardly think so.
Tell me why we don't hear of these issues with Horizon, Maxxed Out Marine or any of the other Dealers/Brokers in Havasu or the Industry??

The quote from RiverDave that "Tim is one of the most controversial dealers in Havasu" says allot to me and is not the type of reputation that I would want my Business to have.

If there is a Lawsuit pending and other claims made there has to be "some" truth to what's happening here, all this noise cannot be about nothing.
I have received "NUMEROUS" private messages from Members on this Site saying they have had issues with this Dealership also and their glad someone finally stepped up and Posted something.

Combining the threads should have meant leaving my original Post in somewhere, as people had posted and predicted "POOF" it's gone.
This was published in the Newspaper and my Post was not the start of something, just comments I had made about a Newspaper article.
I'm not "hating to hate" but just bring to light the points that have been made, how would you like to be out tens of thousands of dollars on a boat deal?

Just as the original Post did this Post is changing subjects already, surprise/surprise.
This type of Business practice hurts all the Dealers in Havasu and the Industry for that matter and should not be tolerated.

Nicely said, just remember their are quite a few "golden spoon pussies" on this board that have never had to worry about getting screwed out of their own money, it's always been "daddys" so why care is their thought.

Heylam

Reaction score
Nicely said, just remember their are quite a few "golden spoon pussies" on this board that have never had to worry about getting screwed out of their own money, it's always been "daddys" so why care is their thought.

Now you've gone and done it. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

AZDCB, you are so busy throwing stones you aren't even looking around to see who you are throwing them at or why. So lets address problem # 1 that I have with your post, namely the now throwing of stones at me personally.

Why don't you go check out post # 29 there skippy and try again. I'll give you a second to go look.....

Oh wait.. There's your post. Oh wait look below it.. There's your post quoted by several members..

So you could retract that "As predicted - poof it's gone" or rather I could say "as predicted, hating just to hate."

Secondly, you have twisted what I said into something different then what it meant.

What I said was some people hate the guy, and some people love the guy which makes him the most controversial dealer in Havasu. You turned that into an ethics problem, not a personality subject as it was presented.

To be clear, I'm not sitting here defending Tim. What I am saying is I have orchestrated several deals through Tim and never personally had an issue. I know a couple guys that had some "different" deals with Tim (one guy had a boat for awhile and ended up returning it because he couldn't get a title.. but he did get his $$ back), but I can't honestly say that I know anyone that was ever ripped off, or taken, etc.. I certainly have "heard" of those things, but everytime I ever actually pinned someone down and asked about it, it was never a FIRST HAND "Yes he ripped me off" deal. It's always "I have a buddy." Or "I met this guy." (my favorite being "ask this other dealer")etc.. Which who knows with all that, because as said earlier Tim has a lot of Haters for one reason or another out there, and Haters will say and do all kinds of weird shit to trip a guy up.

Here's what I think. I don't think you ever actually shopped for a boat at OCM. I think you heard some stuff from some people, and are jumping on the bandwagon to bury this guy. I think you are probably getting texts and phone calls from those same people with virtual high 5's and ass slaps talking about what a crook this guy is, and how you should post this or that next. I think there's a few of those texts that probably said "Fuck RiverDave for sticking up for this guy... blah blah blah" (You should note, that not a single one of those guys would ever say that shit within ear shot of me, because I'd politely remind them of when they were truly fucked and I swept it under the rug for them.. again and again and again..)

You probably have some sense of being "brave" for posting this crap on here.. You're not. If you were you would've signed your name and at least stand behind what you are writing. You are nothing more then a patzy for the aforementioned guys.

So to summarize all that, I believe you are posting hearsay via an anonymous (well you think it's anonymous anyways.. It's not) screen name. I think some guys are having a laugh, and pointing and saying "That guy deserves it!" All the while forgetting the skeletons (If you can even call them that, they are more relevant to mass burials) in their own closets.

So here's where I'll leave it. It's the boat business, and sooner or later everyone ends up taking their turn in the barrel. This is Tim's week in the Barrel.

Enjoy the rain in Calgary.. It's sunny and warm here in Havasu. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Sorry for looking at things logically Brian.. I'm sure if I'm not standing on a guys neck while the other guys are hitting him, then I must be blowing him because there can't be any in between.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Careful or you're gonna get blacklisted!!!

Well.. we can surely open that can of worms again if ya like. I kinda took the hit on all those jokes for Brian's sake, not my own.

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score
Sorry for looking at things logically Brian.. I'm sure if I'm not standing on a guys neck while the other guys are hitting him, then I must be blowing him because there can't be any in between.

RD

Huh ? [emoji2]

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score

RD

You know I love you Dave, but a casual observer you are not.

You noticed I didn't even share my experience with OCM :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You know I love you Dave, but a casual observer you are not.

You noticed I didn't even share my experience with OCM :D

Your not a casual observer.. LOL

I haven't ever said "tim didn't do this" I haven't said anything like that. I'm saying quite clearly, that I have heard all this bullshit since I moved to Havasu from all sorts of people. Tim's going to jail. Tim lost his building. Tim took a customers boat out, Tim and on and on and on and on..

Well I spent about 15 minutes a couple times asking some questions and EVERY SINGLE TIME it turned out the same.. "Well I heard.." "Well I met a guy" Well I can't tell you who told me that." "It's a friend of a friend." And EVERY SINGLE TIME, Tim didn't lose his building. Tim didn't go to jail. That customer didn't pull his boat.. I heard one at the after party of DS about how him and this guy had a huge blow out. 15 minutes later I look over and The guy that supposedly hates him is drinking beers with him at the after party.. WTF?

A lot of people like to cap on the guy.. And I for one know more then anyone what it's like to have Haters that will say anything, and do anything to try and fuck you up. So I can sympathize with it a bit.

If this deal ends up sideways, well then shame on Tim. My point is, why don't we see how it ends up. Because the story I was told is very different then the one that was laid out in the news article. If what he told me is accurate I think he is showing amazing restraint by not coming on here and blasting the guy six ways to sunday.

RD

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Well.. we can surely open that can of worms again if ya like. I kinda took the hit on all those jokes for Brian's sake, not my own.

RD

Hell yes, let's open that can of worms!:drink

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
Your not a casual observer.. LOL

RD

Not anymore, no. :D I think things can be better. I think other boaters who share my same passion deserve to know things that may end up saving them time, money, headaches etc. That's what I'm here to learn... that and to piss you off :p

I'm saying quite clearly, that I have heard all this bullshit since I moved to Havasu from all sorts of people. Tim's going to jail. Tim lost his building. Tim took a customers boat out, Tim and on and on and on and on..

RD

I agree there's always been a lot of shit slung. I actually like Tim personally, we had a great time hanging out in the Desert etc. We had business that didn't work out too. In any case, damage was done a long time ago, so I'm not sure that sharing information about this situation does anything other than protect someone here from potentially getting screwed?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
To me this sounds like that guy Bodie that flipped the M35 and is suing everyone.

Singleton

Reaction score
To me this sounds like that guy Bodie that flipped the M35 and is suing everyone.

He still is trying to sue everyone when I last talked to Tony, but not OCM. Stupid lawsuit. You f up your shit take responsibility for it

jack14r

Reaction score
Has the dispute gone to court this week?

TNT

ORGANIZED CONFUSION
Reaction score
I've spoke to a few people that had gotten Service work done at OCM and they were VERY disappointed in the Service that they received, the one fellow said he wouldn't even buy a rope from the people at OCM, especially Tim.

You must be referring to the young kid that worked there a couple of years ago that they let go?

BigCity47

Remember My Member
Reaction score
I've spoke to a few people that had gotten Service work done at OCM and they were VERY disappointed in the Service that they received, the one fellow said he wouldn't even buy a rope from the people at OCM, especially Tim.

You must be referring to the young kid that worked there a couple of years ago that they let go?

Any idea why they let him go?? If its the same "Kid" im thinking of, he's one hell of a mechanic.........

tunnel vision

Reaction score
A friend of mine went to buy a boat here in the Portland area this weekend from a private party, the boat was nice and all but... the owner says he doesn't have a title for the trailer, boat yes trailer no. The trailer has a CAL permanent plate on it and he's been trying to get a title for it for three years now because the LEO keeps hassling him.

Well it turns out he bought it from OCM when they were here in Portland, and has called countless times with the same excuse, "should be here any day". Because he just put it up for sale he has been calling Tim in Havasu looking for a title and he wont return the calls...

Then the seller says he looked at the Better Business Bureau's web site and sure enough two other complaints similar to was going on in this post. My buddy wants the boat but he's screwed without a title and not sure how to go about getting one.

TV