WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Off-road Car Cage work needed

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m trying to finish my Baja. I’m putting a Honda in my Baja and I need the cage work done around the engine. Need it to support the engine, hold the radiator and tail lights. Does anyone who someone in San Diego to do it?
Here’s the car.
IMG_6729.jpg
IMG_6689.jpg
IMG_6688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just met a guy the other night that had an offroad shop in 951 that could do that and I’ll be damned if I can remember who it is now?

With all the Sxs work out there it’s hard to find guys that do custom work anymore.. :(

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't know anyone that far south but I do know a guy in Riverside that does it out of his garage that is very talented and a couple shops in LA county as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
I don't know anyone that far south but I do know a guy in Riverside that does it out of his garage that is very talented and a couple shops in LA county as well.

I’ll tow it to riverside if the quality and price is right.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m trying to finish my Baja. I’m putting a Honda in my Baja and I need the cage work done around the engine. Need it to support the engine, hold the radiator and tail lights. Does anyone who someone in San Diego to do it?
Here’s the car.
View attachment 664747 View attachment 664748 View attachment 664749

Call Adam at KATG Motorsports. Has a shop in Calimesa. Quality is top notch and the price is fair. Tell him Ron Bierma recommended.
‭(909) 380-9073‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I’ll tow it to riverside if the quality and price is right.

I just texted him. He said he's booked out til November with his day job unfortunately. It's too bad. He's fucking good!

Kbach

Reaction score
Here’s the car.

Try the guys at Funhouser Racecars in Ramona. They did some stuff for a few good friends and seems like they're able to fit stuff in on short notice at times.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Call Adam at KATG Motorsports. Has a shop in Calimesa. Quality is top notch and the price is fair. Tell him Ron Bierma recommended.
‭(909) 380-9073‬

Adams got my rail right now. Changing it full big body.
He does awesome work

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Adam has definitely gotten himself a talented crew, after as many cars as he had bought fixed up and sold he knew who what when and where and is killing the sandcar game. I know he’s seeing more and more brand new cars as well, rather than a remake he’s getting to make a masterpiece as a first appearance for guys. Can’t go wrong and he is down for small to insane jobs, and better yet if he can’t get you in he will get you in with someone to get you knocked out. Just the way he rolls.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Adam has definitely gotten himself a talented crew, after as many cars as he had bought fixed up and sold he knew who what when and where and is killing the sandcar game. I know he’s seeing more and more brand new cars as well, rather than a remake he’s getting to make a masterpiece as a first appearance for guys. Can’t go wrong and he is down for small to insane jobs, and better yet if he can’t get you in he will get you in with someone to get you knocked out. Just the way he rolls.

For sure. All the projects that roll out of there are top notch and done right. I think that the experience he has had with his own cars and trips makes him do a thorough job so when you get out on your trip your stuff doesn’t break 2 hours in. I also appreciated that when he said your car will be ready Thursday he was calling wed night to arrange the Thursday pick up. He was honest on when I could bring the car and when it would be done. Lol not like these boat and motor guys who say bring it but we will fit you in.

K-DOG

Reaction score
Hit up Blake Wilkey. Does allot of bug stuff and is in San Diego. You can find him all over Facebook and Instagram.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Hit up Blake Wilkey. Does allot of bug stuff and is in San Diego. You can find him all over Facebook and Instagram.

I sent him a message a month ago. No reply.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
For sure. All the projects that roll out of there are top notch and done right. I think that the experience he has had with his own cars and trips makes him do a thorough job so when you get out on your trip your stuff doesn’t break 2 hours in. I also appreciated that when he said your car will be ready Thursday he was calling wed night to arrange the Thursday pick up. He was honest on when I could bring the car and when it would be done. Lol not like these boat and motor guys who say bring it but we will fit you in.

It helps also that Adam is so sexy :p

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I got an appointment for Monday. Should take a couple days. Right here in Santee.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
Blake doesn't really do personal work. He works for a shop called TB metal work which does bitchin work. He only puts in 10-15 hours a week there.

If he didn't respond to your message, It is because he gets 100-200 messages a day, when I was in Michigan a few weeks ago he had to shut his IG off for 2 days just to be able to play.

Depending on how far you want to drive it you could take it to one of the best Fab guys on the west coast Ryan Kibbe (kibbetech) also SMP Fab is near San Diego and does awesome work. Another option is Desolate Fab, Greg owner of Desolate specializes in broncos but he does all sorts of fab work

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Blake doesn't really do personal work. He works for a shop called TB metal work which does bitchin work. He only puts in 10-15 hours a week there.

If he didn't respond to your message, It is because he gets 100-200 messages a day, when I was in Michigan a few weeks ago he had to shut his IG off for 2 days just to be able to play.

Depending on how far you want to drive it you could take it to one of the best Fab guys on the west coast Ryan Kibbe (kibbetech) also SMP Fab is near San Diego and does awesome work. Another option is Desolate Fab, Greg owner of Desolate specializes in broncos but he does all sorts of fab work

I appreciate the help. Blake got back to me. He’s just way booked out and way expensive. I got it covered by a reputable shop and at a third of the cost.

rrrr

Reaction score
How does that work with the transaxle? Some sort of aftermarket adapter?

mobldj

Reaction score
call carlin fab in calamesa.personal friend.builds cages for all kinds of shit.affordable

Dalton

Reaction score
just run it like that......floater motor

Meaney77

Reaction score
Whats the story on your motor? When I 1st read the thread, I saw you were putting in a Honda motor and for whatever reason just assumed it was a V6. What kind of HP do these 4 cylinder VTEC's put out?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I got an amazing guy in Valencia that can do it, do an amazing job and not break the bank. Rodney Cooper. Let me know if you want his contact.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Whats the story on your motor? When I 1st read the thread, I saw you were putting in a Honda motor and for whatever reason just assumed it was a V6. What kind of HP do these 4 cylinder VTEC's put out?

Everyone does the Acura v6. I went with a Honda K24A2. 205hp 170 ft lbs of torque stock. I’ve decided to go turbo with larger injectors. It should make 320+hp at 8lbs of boost on 91 and only weights 300lbs. I got a shop to do it. So I drop it off Monday. Cage and turbo manifold in a week. Here she is ready to go. I’ll have to plumb and wire it when it gets back then off to tuning.
IMG_6833.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
Cant wait for desert season sir! Looking good!

DLC

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Has a really nice flow / line to it!

I like it, incorporate some tail lights back there or a panel for lights and it will be awesome!

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Has a really nice flow / line to it!

I like it, incorporate some tail lights back there or a panel for lights and it will be awesome!

They are tabbing the cage for tail lights, a license plate and Buggy whip. Today they are building a new firewall and header for the t3 turbo.

Reactions: DLC

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Here’s a couple more pics of the car.
IMG_6617.jpg

My buddy Andy made this water port for me. I needed it to go to the driver side. Factory went to the passenger.
IMG_6769.jpg

This is when I bought it.
IMG_6472.jpg

All the bolts were rusted so I replaced them all with stainless.
IMG_6863.jpg

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Back from the cage shop. Time to strip it down. Coat everything and wire and plumb it.

rcmike

Reaction score
Turbo K series are so sick.. With a good tune you will LOVE that motor... Drove one in a Miata and was floored

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Turbo K series are so sick.. With a good tune you will LOVE that motor... Drove one in a Miata and was floored

That’s what I’ve been told. Insane torque and power. Should be a fun car on small boost.