52.3 KB · Views: 515

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
My eyes teared up!!! Cannot wait to get back on the water :D:D

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
No one else there, nice weather, those are some of my favorite days!

cc322

Reaction score
Wow i miss the old days when you could get vollyball games, horse shoe games going out there. Kinda sucks imo

LhcBrad

Reaction score
You must miss these days...

Attachments

• sandbar1 001.jpg
    sandbar1 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 278

G-Body

Reaction score
Soooooo jealous. It was in the 40` early today and dropped to the 30`s by tonight, with the possibility of snow early tomorrow morning.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Looking more like an island than a seasonal sandbar these days. Where will all the fights end up now?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking more like an island than a seasonal sandbar these days. Where will all the fights end up now?

Hopefully not down where I go...

I I gotta wonder though.. Those reeds could be kind of fun for families? Kids can go play hide n seek n what not? :D Not exactly the "partying" the sandbar is known for, but I'm a glass is half full kinda guy..

On the flipside of that though, I'd bet alot of money that those reeds were not an act of nature.. That's some looney toons enviromentalist work right there.

RD

R

Retired Member

I I gotta wonder though.. Those reeds could be kind of fun for families? Kids can go play hide n seek n what not? :D Not exactly the "partying" the sandbar is known for, but I'm a glass is half full kinda guy..

On the flipside of that though, I'd bet alot of money that those reeds were not an act of nature.. That's some looney toons enviromentalist work right there.

RD

I wouldn't wander through there barefoot.
image.php

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

RD
They did grow in rather fast didn't they? There was nary a patch of grass anywhere on there a year ago.
Maybe they should plan a Dam release and flood the river for a couple days like they are the Grand Canyon.:hmm

R

Retired Member

RD

Rumor has it, it was seeded. I'm not sure about that. One thing I can say is that the water hasn't been as high, so that area is always exposed. A few years back, the sandbar would go completely under water, therefore not letting anything start to grow.

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
Rumor has it, it was seeded. I'm not sure about that. One thing I can say is that the water hasn't been as high, so that area is always exposed. A few years back, the sandbar would go completely under water, therefore not letting anything start to grow.

Don't we talk about this every year and tehn come summer everything is back to normal???

R

Retired Member

Don't we talk about this every year and tehn come summer everything is back to normal???

Obviuosly you haven't been to the Sandbar in the last couple years, the weeds haven't gone away. They were there all summer.

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
Obviuosly you haven't been to the Sandbar in the last couple years, the weeds haven't gone away. They were there all summer.

I was there last summer, and the summer before that, as well as a few summers before that too.

But I don't have anything to comment about the last twenty years or so 'cuz I haven't going there for that long.

I mostly was just commenting on, what has been comented on before.