WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New toyhauler trailer

beerrun

Reaction score
anyone have an opinion on new toy hauler brands most likely tow behind (not sure i can get a fifthwheel into my backyard) coyne motorsports sells forest river looks like good prices any other brands to look at? Not really a fan attitudes

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Had a Heartland for 7 years, overall it was pretty good, It was a 30 footer 5th. Bought it new in 2012, sold it last year. Kinda hard to find a 5th under 30 feet, if that is one of your goals.

beerrun

Reaction score
Had a Heartland for 7 years, overall it was pretty good, It was a 30 footer 5th. Bought it new in 2012, sold it last year. Kinda hard to find a 5th under 30 feet, if that is one of your goals.
We have a 27 rampage now would like 30-32 would love a fifth wheel but not sure abut getting it in our backyard. We have a horse trail easement that is about a 1/4 mile long to get to my backyard then a 90 turn i have been using the neighbors skidsteer for our toyhauler our motor home is 32 feet i can drive it right in

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I had an Attitude and really liked it, only reason we sold it is because we got out of the sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I have found that 5th wheels are more maneuverable in tight quarters than a tag.

beerrun

Reaction score
I had an Attitude and really liked it, only reason we sold it is because we got out of the sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the impression that Attitude was not built very well

riverroyal

Reaction score
They are all built like crap. Soooo. Buy where you can get warranty work done easy. Also take 35% off msrp on all of them. That’s the target price
I wouldn’t have a problem buying at coyne. Seem like a volume good price dealership

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Forest River Stealth 3016. Give Jim Tuck a call. He is in NorCal but he is about as honest as they come in the RV world.
ABDBE36C-8737-426D-A41D-E4643F665024.jpeg
D8689D07-1414-4879-8414-17BEA49CFE1E.jpeg

stevesdcb

Reaction score
We have a 27 rampage now would like 30-32 would love a fifth wheel but not sure abut getting it in our backyard. We have a horse trail easement that is about a 1/4 mile long to get to my backyard then a 90 turn i have been using the neighbors skidsteer for our toyhauler our motor home is 32 feet i can drive it right in
Like DLow said, the 5th is going to be more maneuverable. No disrespect to the tag along guys but a 5th distributes the weight better, more maneuverable, & overall a little safer if one was to get into a really windy situation.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Like DLow said, the 5th is going to be more maneuverable. No disrespect to the tag along guys but a 5th distributes the weight better, more maneuverable, & overall a little safer if one was to get into a really windy situation.

Plus a ton of length for a fiver is over the bed. Useable space that doesn’t add to overall length.

So overall length is likely quite close between a 27’ tag and a 33’ fiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I went 32’ tag for 2 reasons :
1: I need 20’ of cargo space for toys, need a dually for 20’ of space in a 5’er so would be Looking at 40’ models
2. My city (LHH) has low hanging trees everywhere so I’d be trashing the top of my trailer around my hood.

I have 16’9” to first cabinet and an 8’ bed so I have the toy space covered .
5’ers are easier to maneuver for sure but also more $ on average

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
Figure out what you plan to haul inside the toyhauler. That means if you plan to haul multiple atv’s, a UTV and an atv, etc. I suggest you dry run your plan in your garage and take a Shitload of measurements. If you only have one atv, a small garage might be fine, but if you plan to haul anything else you’re screwed.
Fifth wheel offers the best towing experience but it comes at the expense of weight and size.
I’ve been through 3 trailers so far, 1 bumper pull and 2 5th wheel. My first, a Weekend Warrior toyhauler 23’ is and was the family’s favorite (so far) maybe because we were still new at it, but I towed that POS all over.
Had a Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 38’- Best built trailer I’ve owned so far. Had only a 12’ garage, great for my UTV but we had to take a 2nd truck with us to haul another ATV. It was built with 6K axles (tandem) and therefore was boarderline overloaded when loaded (26K on the scales with my truck). Bought this from RV Wholesalers in Ohio and went back east to pick it up, awesome sales experience and trip!! It was Beautiful and very comfortable, just shit didn’t fit...
currently have an Attitude 31CRSG, ordered this piece, waited for it, went a saw it being built on the assembly line, saw, took pics and advised them of obvious issues and STILL got a jacked up POS. Dealer pretty much blew it all off, and unless it’s super simple or a safety thing its your problem. 2nd trip out, brakes locked up in Idaho, had to use 4lo to drag the POS off the road. It’s an open floor plan inside with the slide designed to accommodate a wide UTV (and it does), it will also fit an ATV and UTV. I should note, if you plan on using the trailer when it’s loaded you have to get creative, front bedroom and bathroom are ok, down below it’s a bitch, you have to fit yourself around the load to sleep, etc.
So next up, probably a Super C and tug a trailer (stacker 🤔).
Good Luck!

beerrun

Reaction score
They are all built like crap. Soooo. Buy where you can get warranty work done easy. Also take 35% off msrp on all of them. That’s the target price
I wouldn’t have a problem buying at coyne. Seem like a volume good price dealership
Yes coyne prices seem good plus we know the personaly

beerrun

Reaction score
Figure out what you plan to haul inside the toyhauler. That means if you plan to haul multiple atv’s, a UTV and an atv, etc. I suggest you dry run your plan in your garage and take a Shitload of measurements. If you only have one atv, a small garage might be fine, but if you plan to haul anything else you’re screwed.
Fifth wheel offers the best towing experience but it comes at the expense of weight and size.
I’ve been through 3 trailers so far, 1 bumper pull and 2 5th wheel. My first, a Weekend Warrior toyhauler 23’ is and was the family’s favorite (so far) maybe because we were still new at it, but I towed that POS all over.
Had a Forest River XLR Thunderbolt 38’- Best built trailer I’ve owned so far. Had only a 12’ garage, great for my UTV but we had to take a 2nd truck with us to haul another ATV. It was built with 6K axles (tandem) and therefore was boarderline overloaded when loaded (26K on the scales with my truck). Bought this from RV Wholesalers in Ohio and went back east to pick it up, awesome sales experience and trip!! It was Beautiful and very comfortable, just shit didn’t fit...
currently have an Attitude 31CRSG, ordered this piece, waited for it, went a saw it being built on the assembly line, saw, took pics and advised them of obvious issues and STILL got a jacked up POS. Dealer pretty much blew it all off, and unless it’s super simple or a safety thing its your problem. 2nd trip out, brakes locked up in Idaho, had to use 4lo to drag the POS off the road. It’s an open floor plan inside with the slide designed to accommodate a wide UTV (and it does), it will also fit an ATV and UTV. I should note, if you plan on using the trailer when it’s loaded you have to get creative, front bedroom and bathroom are ok, down below it’s a bitch, you have to fit yourself around the load to sleep, etc.
So next up, probably a Super C and tug a trailer (stacker 🤔).
Good Luck!
Thanks for your info its just the wife and I we would like to maybe get a razor down the road. We have a 27 foot rampage tow behind now so we understand loading and ues

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
We bought a new '18 Forest River 27' with a slide. Had a few minor issues, nothing major. I fixed most of them myself, easier than dragging it back to the dealer for me. I agree with "they're all crap". :D

Done-it-again

Reaction score
does coyn have the unit that you like? Inventory is real low so not much out there to see. We have been dealing with Rowley on our Vortex order and its been going on 4 months now. Not their fault as the supply chain for parts is screwed.

beerrun

Reaction score
does coyn have the unit that you like? Inventory is real low so not much out there to see. We have been dealing with Rowley on our Vortex order and its been going on 4 months now. Not their fault as the supply chain for parts is screwed.
No on there website they have two available right now and one is sold. We are waiting for Travis to call back

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
You must of missed post 13 lol
I’ve owned attitudes all my life now. Never had a problem with them. Just the usual rv shit break. Such as vent covers. The little clips that hold the storage doors open. Jacks, that isn’t attitudes fault. They have the best floor plans for sxs period!

I fit my rzr 4 in a 25ft easily

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I’ve owned attitudes all my life now. Never had a problem with them. Just the usual rv shit break. Such as vent covers. The little clips that hold the storage doors open. Jacks, that isn’t attitudes fault. They have the best floor plans for sxs period!

Didn't eclipse (who owns and builds Attitude) have some major structural issues a couple years ago? If thats all done, over and good to go now, great. But they arent the best quality out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score

Seems like Attiitude sure has the crowds following It. Look, I’d done all the shows, thought we had it dialed, but I can attest to 2 identical trailers (different color graphics), sequential serial #’s, exactly the same options. Both had flaws exposed during the build (we witnessed them). One actually got picked up at my home and taken back to Attitude. Mine just continues to make me vigilant 🤣. Not a hater, just the facts ma’am.

Icky

Reaction score
Didn't eclipse (who owns and builds Attitude) have some major structural issues a couple years ago? If thats all done, over and good to go now, great. But they arent the best quality out there.

I know my BIL had his bought back, the frame was flexing so much on his fifth wheel it kept cracking the front cap.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Seems like Attiitude sure has the crowds following It. Look, I’d done all the shows, thought we had it dialed, but I can attest to 2 identical trailers (different color graphics), sequential serial #’s, exactly the same options. Both had flaws exposed during the build (we witnessed them). One actually got picked up at my home and taken back to Attitude. Mine just continues to make me vigilant 🤣. Not a hater, just the facts ma’am.

A buddy of mine and myself were out at Johnson Valley several years ago. He had a 2007 Attitude bumper pull, smaller 26' model and Bessemer Mine road took out the entire ramp door and frame. It was screwed into wood framed 2x3's with 2" #10 screws. We had to use all the ratchet straps the Do it center had to get him home to Chino.

I'm in the market currently for a used one and I don't know what to buy. You see Weekend Warrior and Attitude in the used market dominate. Anyone that has read a forum in the last 15 years knows Warrior issues which can be overcome but I don't want a project.

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
Bought a new 27 iconic. From eclipse in 2016. Biggest POS ever. Couch fell out of the wall before getting home, tons of water leaks internally and externally. All kinds of broken shit, stripped out screws, had to seal the door frame to the coach the first rain. There was a 1/4-3/8 gap they did not seal where rain poured in. Shit tank wouldn’t completely drain because of a bad design. Grey tank would start stinking at half full.

I had a gearbox prior to this trailer that we had zero issues with. Was a great trailer. Wished I had kept it.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Fact is all toy haulers are junk. just know that they are worse than boats as far as always something wrong, always causing me to think "what the fuck were they thinking?!" when i find the next thing wrong, etc. I've said it before on here that the people who build those thing should never be allowed to use tools at all, EVER for any reason. Never kid yourself about "brand X is batter than brand Y so i won't have any issues". which reminds me, I should go ahead a reinstall the handrail in mine today which fell off (right after i got done installing new shitter #3 in our 6 month old trailer) and when i get really motivated i need to change out the shackles and leaf spring bolts. (you will have to do this to your attitude also) The genisis vortex trailers looked a little better than the attitudes but after dragging one home they are not without their warts.

Last edited:

renodaytona

Reaction score
We’re going to look at a used Keystone Raptor today. Looks like it’s in really good shape and has been taken care of. We like all of the options this one comes with.

Last edited:

calkid

Reaction score
As far as bumper pull toybox's go, I really like the layout of the Heartland Torque T333.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
As far as bumper pull toybox's go, I really like the layout of the Heartland Torque T333.
Buddy has a torque model. So many things wrong it’s scary. Just a small list of things with his trailer

4 blowouts
Fridge doesn’t work at all
Jacks stopped working
Second bathroom water leak
Propane leak
Batteries were 3 years old when he bought it
Tv fell off the wall
Cabinets fell off the wall

calkid

Reaction score
Buddy has a torque model. So many things wrong it’s scary. Just a small list of things with his trailer

4 blowouts
Fridge doesn’t work at all
Jacks stopped working
Second bathroom water leak
Propane leak
Batteries were 3 years old when he bought it
Tv fell off the wall
Cabinets fell off the wall

Well that's not very promising. Guess I'll keep looking.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Bought a new Eclipse Attitude 33' 5th in 2019, nothing structural wrong with it (yet) but they are put together by savages lol. plumbing and electrical must be done by people in their first week of employment, holes that could have been drilled are just hammered through with a screwdriver. It would be nice if they would use the same style screws on one job function, need a couple different style bits to take out one line of screws like they must have a mixed pile of screws and they grab a hand full and change bits as they go lol. Absolutely no quality control during construction or before they leave the factory, dealer is expected to fix issues (only if you find them before you leave with it) but I guess that is the way it works with all brands. I have fixed everything myself except a couple warranty hardware items (led light bar, scratched cabinet doors) they mailed to me. After I cleaned up a few things I like the trailer for the most part.

shockwave714

Reaction score

Yes they did they had problems with the frames cracking. And they didn’t stand behind their product.

beerrun

Reaction score
Forest river makes a 35 foot tow behind with two pop outs all aluminum build that we really like

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
My experience with Eclipse products. These crooked bastards fall into my never again category, and I have owned a lot of RVs in my life.

Allow me to quote myself, LOL

"There are two kinds of RVs....cheap junk and expensive junk. The expensive junk is better than the cheap junk, but don't expect miracles. Toyhaulers are part of this. The best are expensive and you have to decide if they are worth it. I've owned a bunch of them over the years.

I own a 2014 Attitude, and I won't own another. The dealer was a joke, their prep on the trailer was horrendous as was their installed option work. The factory was absolutely worthless. Search elsewhere on RDP I posted pics in a thread I created.
Be careful buying extended aftermarket warranties.
When you find a major manufacturing defect the warranty people will put it back on the manufacturer. Mo dealer will touch it, and Eclipse Industries will want you to haul it to their "factory" in Riverside, no matter where you live. Once they have it they can screw you big time....If they disassemble it and determine your problem is not a factory defect they will charge you fix it or reassemble it.
Furthermore, they will tell you that after they complete repairs, at their "factory" they won't warranty the repair work.

I am an old guy and generally easy to get along with, and will work with most anyone. I have never in my life dealt with a company as bad as Eclipse.
If I hadn't been up to my ears in medical problems and other stuff at the time I would have sued them.

Whatever you buy pay attention to the seals and the roof, and do your maintenance. I have a guy I use to do mine that ultimately did the repairs on the Attitude we have, and is certified by some of the high end Class A manufacturers as a repair facility. He tells me that this is just the way it is, if you are looking for a Toyhauler not like the rest the only one he would buy is Grand Design. "

Below is a thread I started with pics of my Attiude Product.
Judging from the posts in this thread Eclispe MfG hasn't changed much.

Icky

Reaction score
I have an 08 28fsw weekend warrior that I bought from the original owner who took pre good care of it. Ive really only had minor things that I've had to fix over the years. I might be lucky though.
  • Replaced the wood where the couch hinges to the wall.
  • Moved the wood under the microwave to actually touch the feet of the microwave.
  • Tightened all the screws going into the breakers.(ac would trip the breaker when it got hot out)
  • Fixed a few stripped screws here and there.
  • Replaced the hose for the outdoor shower
  • Replaced the propane hoses, they looked old to me.

81Sprint

Reaction score
After having a bumper pull and a 36' Fifth wheel, i am seriously considering one of these for the next hauler. Most regular toyhaulers can't handle the weight of my Jeep;

toy hauler.jpg