WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Menkens propellers

JC Hower

Reaction score
Is Dallas still manufacturing Menkens propellers, I’ve called him 4 times to order a 11 1/2 15 1 in. Shaft Right hand rotation, and it’s always call me back in two weeks. Is this a waste of time or is he for real?

sintax

Reaction score
cant say i've chatted with him in a while, but I believe hes still doing things.

you can always call Joey Grose for a prop :)

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Sometimes Dallas is difficult to deal with and sometimes not but he is the guy if you want the best prop. I heard he was pretty busy because he's doing props for most of the drag boat teams and there's a been a lot of that going on lately and through November. You can get his props through Alexi or Bergeron as well it might just cost you a few extra bucks. I don't know if Joe Shelfo is still getting them from Dallas as well. For welded steel as far as I know your options are Dallas, Tom Bentley or the guy that took over Harold Kindsvaters operation whom I don't remember his name. If you just want cast stainless call Ron Hill or Augie from cutting edge

sintax

Reaction score
Sometimes Dallas is difficult to deal with and sometimes not but he is the guy if you want the best prop. I heard he was pretty busy because he's doing props for most of the drag boat teams and there's a been a lot of that going on lately and through November. You can get his props through Alexi or Bergeron as well it might just cost you a few extra bucks. I don't know if Joe Shelfo is still getting them from Dallas as well. For welded steel as far as I know your options are Dallas, Tom Bentley or the guy that took over Harold Kindsvaters operation whom I don't remember his name. If you just want cast stainless call Ron Hill or Augie from cutting edge

haha saying Dallas can be "difficult" is funny! Hes a good dude, but yea.

Bergeron is who i'd reach out to if you dont mind a middleman, they're great to deal with.

So the dude who took over Harolds prop business is named Nolte, you'd have to try to call him, the number I have in my phone is 559-301-2036. I think if you're looking for a 2 blade, hes worth a try. I have not seen any of his 3 blades though.... so cant comment.

Has anyone heard anything from Tom Bently (the other menkins) or the dude who took over ron braaksma's prop shop??

Last edited:

JC Hower

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, And yes I’m looking for a 2 blade for my 20 foot Rayson Craft GN boat. Bergeron may be the way to go, I know the right hand rotation prop’s are hard to come by, but I’m driving off the damper of the big block Chevy so have no choice. Thanks again

Attachments

• E94B2F02-CEDD-4FD7-9815-2B10366FBC24.jpeg
    E94B2F02-CEDD-4FD7-9815-2B10366FBC24.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 104
  • A970FCB3-A393-4813-BCBD-0C8410271BB2.jpeg
    A970FCB3-A393-4813-BCBD-0C8410271BB2.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 94

AZLineman

Reaction score
I heard that from someone else as well

REXCRAFT1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, And yes I’m looking for a 2 blade for my 20 foot Rayson Craft GN boat. Bergeron may be the way to go, I know the right hand rotation prop’s are hard to come by, but I’m driving off the damper of the big block Chevy so have no choice. Thanks again
call 480 396 3455

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Gross racing did a fantastic job on my prop, I had one with too much lip and it was just not right... i told them what it was doing on and let them do what they wanted, huge difference...

Last edited:

AZLineman

Reaction score
Gross racing did a fantastic job on my prop, I had one with too much lip and it was just not right... i told them what it was going on and let them do what they wanted, huge difference...
Good to know I didn't know they did anything with props except their billet masterpieces. Joe Shelfo has also done an amazing job on fine tuning props for me in the past

sintax

Reaction score
Good to know I didn't know they did anything with props except their billet masterpieces. Joe Shelfo has also done an amazing job on fine tuning props for me in the past

what, you mean you dont have one of them $5,000 props on your rig?

I tossed a new to me Menkens on the last day out, of my last trip last year. It was blowing 15mph and there were whitecaps out there, so not the most ideal testing, but she carried the nose high and ran hard. Def excited to see how it runs in better conditions.

AZLineman

Reaction score
what, you mean you dont have one of them $5,000 props on your rig?

I tossed a new to me Menkens on the last day out, of my last trip last year. It was blowing 15mph and there were whitecaps out there, so not the most ideal testing, but she carried the nose high and ran hard. Def excited to see how it runs in better conditions.
Very cool. I almost ordered one of those grose deals a few years ago but opted for a new Dallas 2 blade instead. I'm happy with it it's an 11 7/8 x 16.5 and it rips pretty good. He made me one of those fat ear three blades in a 16 too

sintax

Reaction score
Very cool. I almost ordered one of those grose deals a few years ago but opted for a new Dallas 2 blade instead. I'm happy with it it's an 11 7/8 x 16.5 and it rips pretty good. He made me one of those fat ear three blades in a 16 too

I havent tried a 2 blade yet, but I've been wanting to try one. I'm still in very comfortable 3 blade speed, so no reason to rock the boat i guess.