WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New member from U.K with Blown v8 Schiada

number76

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, just wanted to say Hello and say what a great site you have here!, also wanted to let y'all know a bit about my Schiada..

Its a 1996 21, sitting on a tri-axle custom trailer, I am building a Chevy 10.2 tall block Siamese, all custom internals, with one off Ross pistons, have a polished Mooneyham blower and water cooled intercooler, finished off with a pair of Holley 1050cfm's, and finally a pair of Stellings to give her the sound!

The engine is all complete and will be on the dyno soon, then its time to fit and enjoy!

Not many people in the U.K. with a boat like this, infact there is no one else!, i love it to bits, and with its history and condition i feel very lucky indeed to own such a rare boat, i just wanted to share it all with people who know what i am talking about!, hard to chat about a boat that many have not even heard of let alone seen, or heard!

so any info or advice is welcome from the people who know whats what, i look forward to being a long-term member and years of fun, here in the cold of England!

Will post up some pics, more as she is fitted with her engine and testing etc...thanks for reading and hope to make some good friends here, all the best, Danny.

Attachments

• IMG_0084resize.jpg
    IMG_0084resize.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,296

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
:D welcome and nice lil 21 Schiada !!!, you'll find all kinds of Schiada owners here:thumbsup, post up some more pics, how long ago did it arrive in the U.K. ?

sonic

Reaction score
Welcome :D You came to the right place:beer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP! I love the colors on your 21!

There's quite a bit of setup in a v-drive to get it to run properly. If you have any questions please ask, and if someone here doesn't know the answer I can make a phone call and get it for you. :)

Hows the rigging inside the boat? any pics? We love pics, pics of the build, pics of the dyno run, pics of everything! :D

RD

FrznJim

Reaction score
That's pretty cool, a Schiada in the U.K. The color scheme on yours is similar to our red/gray one before we had some gel work done. Trailer is quite similar too, our trailer is an Ellis. What gears are you running in the v-drive? We have 48s with a twin turbo motor.
2421Picture_079-med.jpg

Halvecto

Reaction score
Neat deal! So what's the story about a Schiada getting over the pond? Did a US team get it over there and not want to pay to get it back?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That boat looks like "Foxy" which was built for an Italian and used for ski racing over there. That was a good 12 or so years back...cool boat no doubt :thumbsup

schiadastan

Reaction score
That's the Foxy 21 ski race boat that we sent over to Italy. It left here
with a blower motor in it raced there for some time. It was a hard running 21 . I'm glad to see that it has a good home and i hope you have
fun with it . If you need any thing you can call or email Lee or myself
at [email protected] . or [email protected]
Cheers
Stan

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
(From Lee Spindler)

The boat was originally built for a Belgium Ski Race team in the mid 90's. It was one of very few boats to be built with a very rare "Merc SC 1000." 500 inch displacement blower motor. Merc only built a few of them for some offshore racing class that never ended up taking off. This boat is probably one of the only ones that was ever rigged with an HP Merc "backwards" for a v-drive setup, and 99% the only Merc HP setup with a v-drive oil pan.

That's about all I remember from the conversation.. If you have any questions give Lee or Stan a call I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out!

RD

number76

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for the positive comments!, I love the boat and have had numerous offers to sell her, but she is not for sale!

I have spent lots of time and hard graft to get the best boat i could find over here in the U.K., and the best engine i can build with what money i have, and hope that i have done good!

Over the next few months i will be getting the engine running and in, the G/box overhauled, and setting her up and testing, so i will have pics and videos up soon of the final stages, as she is tucked away in the Garage for the time being, safe and sound.

RiverDave
Thanks for the offer of help & welcome!, and that means alot to me!, not many people offer.. I love the colours of the boat too, i have some idea's for graffix for our website address etc, but thats mainly trailer sides, wanted to put my number on the side "76" but dont know where along the side to put it?, withe a background too...

FrznJim
Thanks for the welcome!, thats a gorgeous Schiada you have there i would love to see some more pics please, if you go to my website i have an email link there.. also my trailer is only a few years old, and looks very similar to yours?, gears wise i have 3 choices, and we have a Mooneyham blower with Holley 1050's. I am thinking of putting some trailer arms ( the upright bits on the rear of your trailer) on mine..would make it better for Sea launching and saftey to get her back on the trailer!

Halvecto
Hi, the guys have said it all...A friend bought it and brought her to the uk in 1998 when she was two years old, kept it and used her, then left her in a barn for nearly 5 years!

River Lynchmob
Correct!, she was built in 1996, thanks for the comment

Schiadastan
Hi Stan, what can i say, thanks so much for the offer, i have spoken with Lee and he said the same, I nearly have the engine finished so may be intouch soon! Patrick from Holland is getting me the coupling i need so all ok for now, but no doubt i will be intouch soon, thanks again!

RiverDave
RD, thanks again, you know the score with her too, its amazing to own such a well known boat, everyone has been positive with the comments here and elsewhere, it makes me feel very proud to own her, and be a part (if not from a long way away!) of the V-Drive club!

Hope to update this soon with more pics and vids etc, thanks all again,

Danny.:cool:

jrork

Reaction score
Hey Danny!! Nice to see you made it here as well. Lots of help for your project here.

Good luck and keep the pics coming.....take care..John

SS-55

Reaction score
Always loved that "Foxy" boat. Looks great in classic "full hull" gel. A testament to the clean lines of the Schiada RC. Congrats on the purchase. To have one of, or the only Schiada in England I think you got lucky ending up with that one. Brilliant piece! Any plans on ski racing with it?

number76

Reaction score
Hey Danny!! Nice to see you made it here as well. Lots of help for your project here.

Good luck and keep the pics coming.....take care..John

Hey bud!, you get everywhere you do! :D

Always loved that "Foxy" boat. Looks great in classic "full hull" gel. A testament to the clean lines of the Schiada RC. Congrats on the purchase. To have one of, or the only Schiada in England I think you got lucky ending up with that one. Brilliant piece! Any plans on ski racing with it?

Thanks for the comment, i love the boat!, as for Ski racing, thats not really my thing, i would like to do more Offshore racing, but not with the Schiada ofcorse! :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Take some pictures of the rigging when you get a chance. :)

RD

number76

Reaction score
Hi Dave, yep sure i will do, just been a bit busy with the other boats atm, its Snowing like crazy here in the U.K. atm and causing all sorts of problems...

I have some new pics of my engine as she was last night, just getting the fuel pipes sorted out now and made up, then its first start up time!

Will post as soon as i can.

Great site too RD, i have been looking through all the pics and info and has helped me out loads so far, keep up the good work!, and maybe i'll bring the Schiada over for a visit if i'm welcome?

Take it easy... Danny.:cool:

D

Deleted Account

:beer

Attachments

• P1010221 (Large).jpg
    P1010221 (Large).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 516

Mondorally

Reaction score
Danny,

Where are you located? Just curious as I'm flying over in 10 days for a wedding near Farnborough and could hand deliver a few Schiada stickers:D.

-Justin

number76

Reaction score
Danny,

Where are you located? Just curious as I'm flying over in 10 days for a wedding near Farnborough and could hand deliver a few Schiada stickers:D.

-Justin

Hi Justin, i'm about 150 miles away from there bud, Norfolk, so not really close at all :( But your still more than welcome to pop up for a beer!

How did you know i needed some stickers!, i have been looking all over the net for the schiada Logo, as the main Schiada site is down for some reason atm?, want the lettering and emblem for some designs on my boat / trailer... what stickers do you have or can get please?, anything would be a bonus, have done a search many times and not really much about, there must be somewhere i can buy some from?

Also, a jockey wheel, think you guys call them a Trailer jack, man you can not find a side wind one here at all in the U.K. and the shipping from America to England is massive... I had a Fulton on my Schiada when i bought her but i was broke, never thought it would be so hard to find another one!

would have been good to meet up!, have you been to the U.K. before?, hit me back.. :beer

Riverkid

Thats my boat! :D :cool:

Last edited:

Mondorally

Reaction score
Hi Justin, i'm about 150 miles away from there bud, Norfolk, so not really close at all :( But your still more than welcome to pop up for a beer!

How did you know i needed some stickers!, i have been looking all over the net for the schiada Logo, as the main Schiada site is down for some reason atm?, want the lettering and emblem for some designs on my boat / trailer... what stickers do you have or can get please?, anything would be a bonus, have done a search many times and not really much about, there must be somewhere i can buy some from?

Also, a jockey wheel, think you guys call them a Trailer jack, man you can not find a side wind one here at all in the U.K. and the shipping from America to England is massive... I had a Fulton on my Schiada when i bought her but i was broke, never thought it would be so hard to find another one!

would have been good to meet up!, have you been to the U.K. before?, hit me back.. :beer

Riverkid

What color stickers? We can probably get any color you want - both the logo and script. I can bring some over and mail them from a local address direct to you.

Which trailer jack do you need? Parts or the whole deal?

-Justin

number76

Reaction score
Hi Justin

Well i think i am going to keep with the white / Blue of the Schiada so white stickers please, what can you get style wise?, is there a page or link so i can have a look?, i could not find any using the search?, let me know whats what.

Trailer jack, i need the whole thing really, i have looked on Ebay.com and plenty there, unlike the ones we have been offered in the U.K. the cheap Chinese cr*p with skinny tube's, not up to the nose weight of the Schiada, and they look cr*p too!, the Fulton i had was great, think it was a 1500lbs with a 60mm tube, chunky and looked good, ....but i dont expect you to come flying over with one for me!, but the kind offer of posting some to me while your here would be great!, let me know the style and sizes of the stickers & how much i owe you and i will Paypal or how ever you want me to pay.

Might be a good idea to get some RD ones too! :D

Thinking last night we do have to travel down Past Farnborough on the M3 Motorway in the next 2 weeks, So maybe we could meet up?

I'm sure the Snow storms will have been and gone by then, as it was mad here in the last 2 weeks with Snow and ice..

thanks again for your offer, Danny.:cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hi Dave, yep sure i will do, just been a bit busy with the other boats atm, its Snowing like crazy here in the U.K. atm and causing all sorts of problems...

I have some new pics of my engine as she was last night, just getting the fuel pipes sorted out now and made up, then its first start up time!

Will post as soon as i can.

Great site too RD, i have been looking through all the pics and info and has helped me out loads so far, keep up the good work!, and maybe i'll bring the Schiada over for a visit if i'm welcome?

Take it easy... Danny.:cool:

On the sticker front.. I had them made for the last Schiada regatta, but unfortunately I don't have anymore.. My sticker guy stopped making stickers. Schiada currently has all the files to make more, but I'm not sure when they'll make anymore.

On another note, I'm out of RiverDavesplace stickers as well.. LOL I gotta get another sticker guy. :D

RD

number76

Reaction score
LOL!

Oh well, no probs thanks for letting me know RD...

Can you or anyone point me in the right way of where there's some on-line?, just the design of both your stickers and some Schiada ones/logo?, i have a good friend here in the U.K. who owns a sign shop and could make me some if i can get him the images or fonts etc..?

Just an idea...

If not i hope that Justin can get me some from Schiada! :beer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LOL!

Oh well, no probs thanks for letting me know RD...

Can you or anyone point me in the right way of where there's some on-line?, just the design of both your stickers and some Schiada ones/logo?, i have a good friend here in the U.K. who owns a sign shop and could make me some if i can get him the images or fonts etc..?

Just an idea...

If not i hope that Justin can get me some from Schiada! :beer

Schiada doesn't currently have any that I'm aware of.. As soon as I get another sticker guy, I'm going to rectify that problem. ;)

RD

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
:D Danny, just email Stan @ Schiada and he'll hook you up with the big trailer (r/h & l/h) diecuts, the old & new Schiada diecuts, just ask nicely :D, you can get him at [email protected]

Scott:beer

number76

Reaction score
:D Danny, just email Stan @ Schiada and he'll hook you up with the big trailer (r/h & l/h) diecuts, the old & new Schiada diecuts, just ask nicely :D, you can get him at [email protected]

Scott:beer

Thanks for that info Scott!, have sent Stan a email, do the trailer ones look good?, thanks again :thumbsup

RD

Soon as you find a sticker guy pls let me know, thanks :thumbsup

Punchy

Hanging Member
Reaction score

Riverkid

Norfolk?...Ha!, no sh*t.... My wife and her family are originally from Norfolk. First time I've actually came across someone who actually knows where that is much less live there. Bitchin' boat by the way....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for that info Scott!, have sent Stan a email, do the trailer ones look good?, thanks again :thumbsup

RD

Soon as you find a sticker guy pls let me know, thanks :thumbsup

Already found one, and they are in process of being made. :) You'll have to get it through Schiada though. :) I'll let you know when they are done.

number76

Reaction score
Norfolk?...Ha!, no sh*t.... My wife and her family are originally from Norfolk. First time I've actually came across someone who actually knows where that is much less live there. Bitchin' boat by the way....

No way!, where was they from?, i bet that they sure love the sun where you guys are now! :D

Thanks for the comment on my Boat, :beer

Danny:cool:

number76

Reaction score
Already found one, and they are in process of being made. :) You'll have to get it through Schiada though. :) I'll let you know when they are done.

Thanks RD, any design styles available to view?:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can you see these 3 pics?

RD

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 482
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 486
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 486

Hallett

Reaction score
They look great Dave i like the top right one the best.:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
These will be available from Schiada Sheilah in the very near future. :)

RD

number76

Reaction score
Sure i can see them now!, look great, TY!

but...when when!! $$$ :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Schiada should let you sell them in your store on RDP... There's a lot of boat owners here for sure.:thumbsup

I'd rather just have them printed and give them to Schiada honestly.. LOL

If people want them they can buy them from Schiada. I'm only doing this because they have helped me out exponentially over the last year, so I'm trying to return the favor a bit.

RD

Punchy

Hanging Member
Reaction score
No way!, where was they from?, i bet that they sure love the sun where you guys are now! :D

Thanks for the comment on my Boat, :beer

They're from Kings Lynn. Yeah, they love it here. They've lived here since my wife was about ten but they all still have their accents. When the first came here they couldn't get over the immense amount of Palm trees we have everywhere..."the streets were lined with them like a magical land"...LOL. I love visiting England and Ireland but there's no place in the world like So Cal.

No problem....I love Schiada's. That one in Pheonix on craigslist is calling to me :D

LV R SCHIADA'S

Reaction score
:D Dave, send me your email and i'll show you 3 more Schiada designed decals...:D

number76

Reaction score
Hi all, long time no posts from me, have been so busy and also unwell, Asthma...

here is my engine!!!, going to the goodrich hose makers here to have the fuel pipes made...at last!!!

we should have her running this Sunday ...

Attachments

• IMG_0696r.jpg
    IMG_0696r.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 413

jrork

Reaction score
Right on Danny!!!:thumbsup

I was gonna email you and find out what happened to you. Glad to see you're making progress...........john

number76

Reaction score
Hey dude!, at least someone missed me!, lol.

I'm ok, just been a bit sick with my Asthma, over here is damp and rain, not good for me, but i'm getting better now and cant wait to get the engine in!, had all the fuel side of the fittings done today too...see...

hope y'all ok over there!:thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_0708r.jpg
    IMG_0708r.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 392

Mondorally

Reaction score
Hi all, long time no posts from me, have been so busy and also unwell, Asthma...

here is my engine!!!, going to the goodrich hose makers here to have the fuel pipes made...at last!!!

we should have her running this Sunday ...

A Schiada and a Chevy Dually? You must really stand out when pulling up to the launch ramp.:thumbsup

We had a great time for the wedding. I'll call next time I'm over and we can meet for a pint or two.

-Justin

number76

Reaction score
Hi Justin!, glad you had a good time!, weather was bad tho if i remember?, up for a meet anytime...

The Dually is my engine builders Dad's, we just borrow it when we need to!, this is my ride....

hope all is ok over there and family well etc, keep intouch bud.:thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_0681resize.jpg
    IMG_0681resize.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 361

Mondorally

Reaction score
Hi Justin!, glad you had a good time!, weather was bad tho if i remember?, up for a meet anytime...

The Dually is my engine builders Dad's, we just borrow it when we need to!, this is my ride....

hope all is ok over there and family well etc, keep intouch bud.:thumbsup

Actually we lucked out - it was 50 degrees the whole time we were there! Sounds like it turned to shite after we left... Take care.

-Justin

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it come together!! As well as videos of it running! ;) (I'm not asking too much am I? LOL)

RD

number76

Reaction score
Not too much Dave!

Its taken longer as not been well so things have now got into gear here and getting on great so far, Sunday is 1st start day (nervous!!)

Trying to dodge the great U.K. weather most of the time dont help things move on really!

Will let y'all know how it goes, hopefully all ok!:thumbsup

jrork

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it come together!! As well as videos of it running! ;) (I'm not asking too much am I? LOL)

RD

Yah, what RD said. You can get healthy anytime :D;)

Congrats....... and I'm still jealous of you. Love that boat..