WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need help w/ mini Schiada

sonic

Reaction score
I don’t know it sounds like yours mite be a little faster than mine. I have tricks though. I might have to get one of my friend’s sons who weighs about 65 pounds to drive for me. My son is 17 now so that’s no help.

LOL Faster slower don't matter as long as its fun.Don't get wrong i would like to have the faster boat but there always someone faster.:D

sonic

Reaction score
Hey jimmy check these out. The red one at the one minute mark is the same one i had when i was a kid.Its a G.W. invader

[video=youtube;lKHs1YPN26Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKHs1YPN26Y&feature=PlayList&p=C27F2A137D1150E0&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=26[/video]

:D

JamesGang

Reaction score
Boy Pete I think your trying to force me into a face lift.

sonic

Reaction score
Boy Pete I think your trying to force me into a face lift.

Lol Sure would look cool with some graphics.Even if its just a wrap.On another note morgan order my new prop for the sonic so other then some soap and water im ready for the run.

JamesGang

Reaction score
Hey I spoke to Joe from Stillwater today. The good news is he said he will run an open class for us this year so were in. The bad news is your boat probably wont be the fastest. He said hes gona call a friend of his that has one of those little kneel down hydros that dose about 50 to kick my ass. So I guess that includes you too. Sorry for knowing me.

sonic

Reaction score
Im glad were in:champagne: Im going to look in to the carb and exhaust to see if thats all i need to make my 25 a 35hp.Im getting 41mph with 2 guys i would like to think i should see 43/44 by myself i hope.What kind of increase in mph do you think 10 hp would do ??? Also is there any safety requirements ie spacial jackets etc

sonic

Reaction score
So i might be OK. Either way should be a lot of fun.

sonic

Reaction score
Hey jimmy im having a hard time finding info on making the little 25 faster any ideas???

JamesGang

Reaction score
Pete call me I'll need the serial # Model & year and I'll find out for ya.

JamesGang

Reaction score
Pete keep looking, I think I would look for one that is adjustable vertical.

sonic

Reaction score
Pete keep looking, I think I would look for one that is adjustable vertical.

Do you think i can get away with a 4 inch set back. I found one with 6 1/2 inches of vertical adjustment but it has a 4 inch setback

Last edited:

sonic

Reaction score
Go with that one.

Thank you:D I will order this one this week.Any idea what the date is going to be for the races. I talked to Morgan last night about the mini boat that's at sutphen is a mini hawk and belongs to one of Rich's guys.

JamesGang

Reaction score
June 13. We have to see if Rich is due for a trip back to NJ, maybe bring it with him & run in the race. Them Have Morgan do a Sutphen promo out there with the blue boat if its still around.

sonic

Reaction score
June 13. We have to see if Rich is due for a trip back to NJ, maybe bring it with him & run in the race. Them Have Morgan do a Sutphen promo out there with the blue boat if its still around.

Of all the weekends why that one :swear My brothers wedding is the same day so i might be racing in my tux.I have to be back here by 2:30 so this might be more fun then i thought.

JamesGang

Reaction score
I hope your brother is getting married some where in the Adirondacks. You do know how far out in the middle of nowhere Stillwater is wright?

sonic

Reaction score
I hope your brother is getting married some where in the Adirondacks. You do know how far out in the middle of nowhere Stillwater is wright?

Yea i know:rolleyes:This should be interesting.I spent about two hours last night trying to get to change there date.

JamesGang

Reaction score
Hey Pete
I think family has to come first. There is always next year if this one doesn't work out.

sonic

Reaction score
Whats that all about?

Just one of those days.I have to have one maybe two operations so not sure yet how boating season will be for me next year.I sure i will be fine im just over thinking it.Its just that i was really looking forward to the little boat races.But on another note at least i will be able to go to the fun run:D and who knows where else i will go this year.Im breaking away from the fish bowl :champagne:

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
I like the Mini Schiada and the Daytona looks great in black. I have a little Daytona with a Tohatsu 55. Does 35mph with a 12 1/2" x 13 pitch prop, could go to a 15 pitch.
Pictures posted at Spectra32 on River Daves if anybodys interested.
I placed a bid on e-bay about 2 years ago and won. Drove down to Valencia the next weekend, brought it home to Livermore. Changed the lower end oil, water pump impeller, cleaned up the starter, wired up the tilt/trim and ignition key switch, put fresh gas in it and started it.
I think it came with the original 2 axle trailer. I replaced the tires and rims with 13" ranger boat trailer equipment. I don't know much about these small boats but they are kinda fun in the Sacramento Delta.

What hp outboards are on the Mini Schiada and the little Daytona? How big can we go? Did any come with a jet?

I saw a really nice Mini Schiada with 2 outboards on it on-line someplace.
Ever seen the 13' Cigarette or Fantasy 13? Saw them on e-bay a few months ago in Florida.

Jerry

Attachments

• boating 026.JPG
    boating 026.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 239
  • boating 039.JPG
    boating 039.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 239

sonic

Reaction score
I like the Mini Schiada and the Daytona looks great in black. I have a little Daytona with a Tohatsu 55. Does 35mph with a 12 1/2" x 13 pitch prop, could go to a 15 pitch.
Pictures posted at Spectra32 on River Daves if anybodys interested.
I placed a bid on e-bay about 2 years ago and won. Drove down to Valencia the next weekend, brought it home to Livermore. Changed the lower end oil, water pump impeller, cleaned up the starter, wired up the tilt/trim and ignition key switch, put fresh gas in it and started it.
I think it came with the original 2 axle trailer. I replaced the tires and rims with 13" ranger boat trailer equipment. I don't know much about these small boats but they are kinda fun in the Sacramento Delta.

What hp outboards are on the Mini Schiada and the little Daytona? How big can we go? Did any come with a jet?

I saw a really nice Mini Schiada with 2 outboards on it on-line someplace.
Ever seen the 13' Cigarette or Fantasy 13? Saw them on e-bay a few months ago in Florida.

Jerry

I have a 25 merc on mine and it hauls ass.41 on rader.As far as how big of a engine i would say it depends on the weigh of it.Schiada mini only came as a outboard as far as i know.Is this the 10'er you were talking about with twins??? It belongs to a member here. Buy the way nice boat:D

Attachments

• boat11_Medium_.jpg
    boat11_Medium_.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 219

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
So bigger isn't always faster. The boat with twins is really nice. I like the lines on the mini schiada and daytona. I've thought about replacing the ob with a jet, but they have so many problems and expensive so I'll keep the ob on it. I'll try a speed run in salt water soon as boats are a little faster in salt water. With the hydraulic trim I can adjust it so the only thing in the water is the ob and tail end, but you can really feel the air under the hull, it's kinda of nerve racking. I moved the fuel tank to the front over the winter for a little added weight up there.
Thanks for the reply, and good luck. I hope to meet more people with small boats out there. It's just as much fun as the big boat.

sonic

Reaction score
So bigger isn't always faster. The boat with twins is really nice. I like the lines on the mini schiada and daytona. I've thought about replacing the ob with a jet, but they have so many problems and expensive so I'll keep the ob on it. I'll try a speed run in salt water soon as boats are a little faster in salt water. With the hydraulic trim I can adjust it so the only thing in the water is the ob and tail end, but you can really feel the air under the hull, it's kinda of nerve racking. I moved the fuel tank to the front over the winter for a little added weight up there.
Thanks for the reply, and good luck. I hope to meet more people with small boats out there. It's just as much fun as the big boat.

The little boats are always a great time :champagne:I also have the tank under the deck in my 10'er.Mine is no thrills no power trim no radio etc just the essentials. I learned the hard way how much speed you lose with all the extra weigh.You came to the right place to find info on the mini's.Do a search here for bubbles that's RDs old 10'er its fucking crazy:bowdown:

sonic

Reaction score
Hey jimmy Thank you for your concerns it means alot to me.Its all good :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Spectra 32, where are the pictures?

there's another guy here that has a Daytona as well that's absolutely bitchen.. :)

RD

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my Daytona.

Attachments

• boating 039.JPG
    boating 039.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 281
  • boating 029.JPG
    boating 029.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 290
  • boating 028.JPG
    boating 028.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 285
  • boating 027.JPG
    boating 027.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 283
  • boating 026.JPG
    boating 026.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 285
  • boating 025.JPG
    boating 025.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 289

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
WOW! You do some great work! Mine is mostly original as far as I know. I do want to make a few changes, like the steering wheel. Alot of my spare time went into my Jensen Healey's in the past. I sold all but one and it's now got a 95 LT1. Just got it started last week. The red JH was super fun and fast. Sold it to a Judge in Marin County. Bought the Spectra 32.
I'd like to see pictures of the other boats you have like the 12'er

Take care and good luck,
Jerry

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 256

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
WOW! You do some great work! Mine is mostly original as far as I know. I do want to make a few changes, like the steering wheel. Alot of my spare time went into my Jensen Healey's in the past. I sold all but one and it's now got a 95 LT1. Just got it started last week. The red JH was super fun and fast. Sold it to a Judge in Marin County. Bought the Spectra 32.
I'd like to see pictures of the other boats you have like the 12'er

Take care and good luck,
Jerry

I found a pic of the other members "Daytona" by the way. :)

attachment.php

The 2 I have now are ugly as sin.. LOL They haven't been regelled yet. The 10 is having all the holes filled, and some other stuff. The 12 is actually a new boat but it's gotta match the 10 and the 21 when their done so I'm having it regelled when I get some dough together.

The links are

Bubbles II - RD's new 10' Schiada Glass Work / Gel - River Dave's Place

and here

12' Schiada Father / Son Project - River Dave's Place

RD

sonic

Reaction score
Jimmy thanx for the hook up with scott.I met with him today and looked at the job looks like a piece of cake.He really don't need a up grade right now but he wants to do it now so when he puts up the garage there will be no worries.Were going to take care of a few other things while were there so then he will be in good shape.Great guy i wish all my estimates were that easy.:D

JamesGang

Reaction score
Glad that worked out for both of you guys. Hey I'm working on my cat tomorrow AM but then may take my Laser out for a run. Give me a call if you wana go with us. Its probably so far just me and Jim from TZ.

sonic

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan to me:D but did you hear is going to rain:swearAny way where you going???the river?? I will give you a call later on.

Community

Reaction score
I use to have one. Soemone gave me a jet ski that had oil all throughout the bottom so they thought it was toast. It was injected and the tank had a leak. Put a block off plate and started premixing....voila. Found a kid with one who wanted a jetski instead and went straight accross. It was rough, needed a color-sand and new interior. Went to Tijuana for that the only good that acame out of that was the experience! :)

Anyway, ended up selling it to a guy from HB that I think still has it. I ran it from Alamitos Bay over to Shoreline, spent some time in the air. Also ran it at Kings River. Fun boat, turned OK, lots of looks. Wish I still had it, especially for the price I sold it. How many things I have sold I wished I still had....this economy is not helping....

Daytona.JPG

sonic

Reaction score
I use to have one. Soemone gave me a jet ski that had oil all throughout the bottom so they thought it was toast. It was injected and the tank had a leak. Put a block off plate and started premixing....voila. Found a kid with one who wanted a jetski instead and went straight accross. It was rough, needed a color-sand and new interior. Went to Tijuana for that the only good that acame out of that was the experience! :)

Anyway, ended up selling it to a guy from HB that I think still has it. I ran it from Alamitos Bay over to Shoreline, spent some time in the air. Also ran it at Kings River. Fun boat, turned OK, lots of looks. Wish I still had it, especially for the price I sold it. How many things I have sold I wished I still had....this economy is not helping....

Daytona.JPG

Looks like it was in good shape.What engine did it have??/

sonic

Reaction score
Hey jimmy i talked to trevor today about the fun run and looks like we might launch at newburgh and cruise down to where you guys launch and head out with or should i say behind you from there:D I picked up some booze yesterday for the run.I figure because im not the fastest that i might as well have the best stocked cooler.If every thing gos a planned i will bring the boat home Thursday that will give me a month to get the stereo in and get it cleaned etc.I cant wait im like a little kid right before x-mas :champagne:

JamesGang

Reaction score
Whatever you do don't stay directly behind me. Morgan & Trevor tried that a couple years ago and I filled there boat half way up for them.

sonic

Reaction score
Hey jimmy:D I just checked the list to see how many boats so far for the run.Looks like its going to be a good turn out.

Mahopac Marine 2009 Sunsation 32 SSR
Serious Offshore (Stecz and who ever he makes take him out)
Frank Ciano 2008 Sunsation 32 SSR
Rob Ballesteros 2009 Sunsation 32 MCOB SSR
LiveWire2008 Sunsation 288 MCOB
EagleDM44 2008 Sunsation 288 MCOB SSR
Sutphen Performance Group 24 Sutphen
Yesrej Baja 25 Outlaw
Topspeed Baja 25 Outlaw
BSloane Baja 26 Outlaw
Dave 2008 Donzi 38ZR
Craig Mytelka 2008 Sunsation F4
GLH Drambuie on Ice (Need I say more?)
Charlie McCarthy 2009 24 Bannana Boat
Xpress33PP 33 PowerPlay
89Mach1 1989 Mach 1
Hot Boat 28 Scarab
JoeD 32 Skater
NitrousNolan 35 Fountain
Nordic95 32 Fountain
Nthdegree -34 Sutphen
MattMiller- 33 PowerPlay
Blaze- Cougar
Pure Energy ?
BakeShowBaker 29 Fountain
Carguy08 38 Nortech
BlackWishbone 34 Sutphen
HotNordic 2008 Heat
Mattyboy 20 Cigarrette
Sonic (AKA Pete) 26 Sonic
James Gang 36 Spectre
98itrwhite 32 Hustler or 29 Outlaw
Dr. Dan 22 Classic or Pantera Sport
RevX440&DagaH2X Checkmate
T-Mone 24 Pantera

JamesGang

Reaction score
Yea I didn't think it was gona turn out to be this big and there's a lot of time to go. I think this will be a lot more fun than a poker run.

sonic

Reaction score
The more fun the better.Who is sut performance group 24 sut. Is that morgan or ron and 24???Not 21'.

JamesGang

Reaction score
I think that was a misprint. If Morgan doesn't run with me he will run the blue 21 but only for a short distance as its a new boat. He wants to keep it that way.

sonic

Reaction score
That makes more sense now.The last i talked to him he was still riding with you but that was last week.