WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need advice on Eliminator Daytonas (28'+ with twins)

PlowTown Missile

Reaction score
I figure you LH/West coast guys are the best to ask. It looks like I'll be shopping for another boat soon and the Daytona is on my short list. I'm looking at ICC 28, 30, and 33's with 496HO's, 525EFI's, and Ilmors. We are thinking of selling our place at Lake of the Ozarks and going back to trailering a boat to local lakes plus to poker runs around the US. What are the best years to look for? For instance, I know the early 28's and 33's don't perform like the later years. What speeds should I expect from them? Any options you recommend that I should look for?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I figure you LH/West coast guys are the best to ask. It looks like I'll be shopping for another boat soon and the Daytona is on my short list. I'm looking at ICC 28, 30, and 33's with 496HO's, 525EFI's, and Ilmors. We are thinking of selling our place at Lake of the Ozarks and going back to trailering a boat to local lakes plus to poker runs around the US. What are the best years to look for? For instance, I know the early 28's and 33's don't perform like the later years. What speeds should I expect from them? Any options you recommend that I should look for?

I'd run a 28 with Ilmore's or 525's if it was me.. The 28's are one of the best hull's ever made IMO. I don't have a lot of experience in the 30's or 33's. Paul had a 33, but I only went out in it once or twice. I wasn't overly impressed with it from a "fun" (I'm a smaller boat guy I guess) standpoint, but I will say it's massive compared to the 28.. Much bigger boat all the way around.

Something to consider if you are in the market for a 28, is a used F-29 DCB. That's another bad ass boat.

RD

PlowTown Missile

Reaction score
F29 is totally different. Better [emoji3]

Please elaborate because I have zero experience with DCB's. They are usually priced alot higher than Daytona's and I was wondering why. A buddy has a '01? 36' Daytona with 500EFI's and I love the ride/quality of his boat which is why I've been looking at them.

PlowTown Missile

Reaction score
I'd run a 28 with Ilmore's or 525's if it was me.. The 28's are one of the best hull's ever made IMO. I don't have a lot of experience in the 30's or 33's. Paul had a 33, but I only went out in it once or twice. I wasn't overly impressed with it from a "fun" (I'm a smaller boat guy I guess) standpoint, but I will say it's massive compared to the 28.. Much bigger boat all the way around.

Something to consider if you are in the market for a 28, is a used F-29 DCB. That's another bad ass boat.

RD

I really appreciate the info :thumbup:
The link I posted was to a open bow F29 with 525's for $129k.

Most of the time, it will be my wife, son, and myself. At poker runs it will be me, wife, and a couple friends.

rvrrat350

Reaction score
F 29 much better looking boat in my opinion
they ride super nice
never been in a 28 eliminator
that one you posted i saw at the river last month and was talking to the owner
its in VERY good shape

PlowTown Missile

Reaction score
Rick at Maxed Out Marine has the blue 28 Daytona & F29 boats listed. Do you like the open bow? Both boats look showroom clean. You should call Rick & get some info on both boats. I like the fact that both have 525EFIs. Fly into Vegas & rent a car to LHC. It's about a 2.5hr drive. And look at the Daytona & F29.

The open bow has positives and negatives to me. I know it will cost a few mph and I won't be able to get to it easily being 6' / 250lbs but I know my 5yo son would like it.

This boat also comes to my mind. Have you seen this one?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/boa/5127453171.html

If that is Last1's boat, yes and it looks like a lot of bang for the buck. I'm a fan of 496HO's because of their rock solid reliability.

Pm me if you'd like to see it.

Thank you very much for the offer. I've received an offer on my boat and accepted but until I get a deposit, I'm in the research/browsing phase. If the deal goes through, I'll get ahold of you.

My 07 28' Daytona w/625 Ilmor's was a 133mph boat and I loved it!! Maxed Out Marine just sold it..... Nothing but good things to say about that boat

How'd it feel at those speeds? There is one just like yours for sale at my dealership/broker that I use.

http://performanceboatcenter.businesscatalyst.com/2006-eliminator_28.html

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
The open bow has positives and negatives to me. I know it will cost a few mph and I won't be able to get to it easily being 6' / 250lbs but I know my 5yo son would like it.

If that is Last1's boat, yes and it looks like a lot of bang for the buck. I'm a fan of 496HO's because of their rock solid reliability.

Thank you very much for the offer. I've received an offer on my boat and accepted but until I get a deposit, I'm in the research/browsing phase. If the deal goes through, I'll get ahold of you.

How'd it feel at those speeds? There is one just like yours for sale at my dealership/broker that I use.

http://performanceboatcenter.businesscatalyst.com/2006-eliminator_28.html

The boat handled GREAT! The boat you put the link to is Grads old boat I believe!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
DCB's are great boats, but I just don't get that they're better looking. boat66_tn6 28 daytona.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Really like that F29, however with young kids the deckboat works best for the family (have to keep telling myself this).

My wife did approve a F29/M29/F32/M31 once the kids are all out of high school (15 years from now). But by then our oldest (20 now) will have kids so I guess a second boat will be purchased.

I do have wife approval to re-power the deck when I want. :)

pkbullet

Reaction score
We have an M29 hard deck and my wife hates when she has to get on the nose pulling into our dock. She definitely wishes it had an open bow.

PlowTown Missile

Reaction score
I think the F29 open bow would be a much more user friendly boat for your family & it does help with docking. I've heard before that the F29 listed is in perfect condition. Both boats having 525EFIs is super nice. I like the low profile look of the F29 better, however I like the colors & gel design better on that blue/grey 28 Daytona.

I agree. One thing I like about the 525EFIs is that I can add Whipples if I get bored after some seat time. With the 496HO's and Ilmors, stock is best.

Geebus those dudes know how post ads.If i was i was you? Buying from MM is a no brainer.SweetassBoat!

I have noticed that Maxed Out Marine seems to list boats that fit what I'm wanting :D