WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NBA Finals

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I said the WCF’s would be the championship for me but in true form I was glued to last nights game and it delivered. [emoji106]
JR Smith losing track of the score on the missed free throw and holding the ball setting up OT was a dagger to CLE. Little skirmish at end of OT will probably result in a suspension for T Thompson.
Great game in regulation!

j21black

Reaction score
IMG_5365.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprintcvx

Reaction score
King James wasn't very happy at the post game interviews.:rolleyes:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
:)
Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said after the game that Smith thought they were winning – hence the dribbling out of the clock. Meanwhile, Smith said he knew the game was tied and was trying to clear the ball so somebody could call a timeout.

JD D05

Reaction score
Officials ruined one of the best games and performances in finals history. And Green is such a bitch.

RCDave

Reaction score
Officials ruined one of the best games and performances in finals history. And Green is such a bitch.

Yes. I agree on both sides. And Lebron gets away with so many offensive fouls is laughable

JD D05

Reaction score
Yes. I agree on both sides. And Lebron gets away with so many offensive fouls is laughable

I haven't really noticed that compared to how other stars in the league are officiated.

RCDave

Reaction score
watch how he pushes off with his off dribbling hand on almost every drive to the basket.

JD D05

Reaction score
watch how he pushes off with his off dribbling hand on almost every drive to the basket.

Ya I know what your talking about. He for sure does it, I also think he is so strong he does not get some calls because he can play through the contact.

RCDave

Reaction score
Ya I know what your talking about. He for sure does it, I also think he is so strong he does not get some calls because he can play through the contact.

Kinda of like Shaq in the ole days. Although he was often called for offensive fouls due to his size.

KevinR

Reaction score

Or his other move on driving to the hoop is lowering his shoulder and bumping the defender’s chest. Defender is backpedaling and that move sends him reeling.

I suppose we need to applaud LJ if he can get away with them, keep going.

RCDave

Reaction score
Or his other move on driving to the hoop is lowering his shoulder and bumping the defender’s chest. Defender is backpedaling and that move sends him reeling.

Agreed. And if he does get called for a foul is cry me a river... lol

stokernick

Reaction score
Game is difficult to watch, more grabbing, tackling than in the NFL, Referees like MLB'S umpires are a distraction to once was a great game. NHL much more entertaining!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
As an ex-HS BB official, my feeling is charging is the hardest call to make. Very fine line between set and moving. Microseconds to evaluate an action that has far more moving parts than a common foul. For that reason, I do not think it should be reviewable.

Camera angle can change how timing occurs in real time and unless there is blatant evidence, the call on the floor should always stand if they can review.......

Smith just made a stupid human error. The call reversal was bad judgment by NBA officiating that effected a very good game to that point......

Last week I scolded my Granddaughter's BF when he talked of internet banter about the NBA fixing games. Wait until he comes back with this.:rolleyes::eek::D

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What a yawn that game was. Cleveland was never in it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Cavs defense sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
Warriors offense is just too much for James. Even without Andre. I

Last edited:

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Cavs only chance is defense because they don't have the offensive fire power to match GS.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like it’s going to be an exciting finish. GS brought their patented 3rd quarter comeback although CLE held them in check pretty good.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
NBA...National Bullshit Association. I lost all respect for the NBA in the playoff games after that game 6 between the Lakers and Kings when the refs admitted the fix was in. You ever seen a 7 game series go out in 4? You never will. Cleveland will win tonight.

RCDave

Reaction score
Nighty night taking my talent to.... Where????

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
With GS winning tonight and up 3 games wait for the ridiculous calls against them in the next few games.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
With GS winning tonight and up 3 games wait for the ridiculous calls against them in the next few games.
I'm not into conspiracies, but if game 4 gets out of hand for GSW I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerr pull the starters and bring it back to Oakland for a game 5 finally at home and close it out in front of their fan base.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Predicition - GSW sweep in game 4 on Friday night. Don't have a dog in this fight but I don't like LJ.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
GSW, patented 3rd quarter offensive blitz...

The

Fat

Lady

Is

Warming

Up

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yep.
Pretty much unbeatable.
Which in effect makes it a pretty boring final. I watched about 5 minutes of each game, the end result was evident from the beginning.
What will the NBA do to offset losing more than 50% revenue as compared to a 7 game final?

Having said that, I think it’s safe to say that there is NO fix in...at least not at this point.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
NBA...National Bullshit Association. I lost all respect for the NBA in the playoff games after that game 6 between the Lakers and Kings when the refs admitted the fix was in. You ever seen a 7 game series go out in 4? You never will. Cleveland will win tonight.

lol

and lol

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
lol

and lol

Yeah that was kind of funny, but to be honest I think Grads prediction was valid at the time he made it.
A 4 game sweep is a disaster for the league and revenue.
As stated, I only watched a few minutes of each game, and some of that was at the liquor store watching with my Paki buddies.
The Harlem Globetrotters are more entertainment value than this series was.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Golden state was just getting healthy...

Curry wasn’t right for the Houston series and Andre was out for a couple games and he does so many things on the court he is invaluable.

I don’t think we have ever seen a team like them and aside from Durant they were all drafted and created organically. Not a single top 5 pick yet a ton of home runs in the draft.

With the new salary cap on his is what you have to do and they got talent and guys that just love playing together and sharing the spotlight.

They are a great “team” on both sides of the floor.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Golden State is definitely a great team. But to say they are the best of all time is ridiculous. Rules and style of play in other eras are quite different. Claiming any team as the all time best can't be done......The Celtics and Lakers have each had several dynasties. The Jordan Bulls. San Antonio. The Washington Bullets with Elvin Hayes and Dave Bing and Wes Unseld. And there were several others in contention. Those teams were strong all around and been competitive in any era. To me the question is how would current Warriors have fared when defense and hard fouls were the norm? Who would stop Chamberlain and Kareem and Hayes? Too many questions to make a form statement.

One day, sooner than later, we'll likely see computer generated games pitting the teams of all eras against each other......And we still will never know as it will be impossible to simulate the hearts of champions like West and Magic and Russell and Olajawon and the difference that played in a reality situation.