WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nashville recommendations

Machally

Reaction score
The wife and I are headed to Nashville for a few days this week for the first time and could use some recommendations for ‘must see,” places and food joints?

Thanks in advance RDP peeps!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ole Red

Lucky Bastard wasn’t bad.

I took our group to Black Tap Burgers it was very good .
IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4305.jpeg
IMG_4307.jpeg

USClb41

Reaction score
We like doing Broadway during the day, try some dive bars on the outskirts, Patterson House is cool, gotta do Hattie B's for chicken, its legit, there's several locations. Springwater supper club

Machally

Reaction score
What are you looking for? My Daughter lives there, and works at a couple bars. We'll be heading back out next week to visit.
Cool history, good local preferably mom and pop restaurants, we love local dive bars etc. Would also like to see some of the country side. Some nearby lakes would be good to see. Not for water activities, more to check out lakefront houses and such. Possible retirement option scenario.

Machally

Reaction score
Should also mention that we, well I love me some whiskey and country music so some of that too! Depending on how this trip goes, now that I think about it I may not return home!

satellitemike

Reaction score
Following, the Wife and I are headed there in May for 30th anniversary, if she doenst kill me first!

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Skulls Rainbow Room in Printers Alley is good for dinner. You will need a reservation.

Hattie B’s on 19th Ave S is much faster than the new one on Broadway.

Biscuit Love in The Gulch is a good little breakfast spot.

Martins BBQ is good and they will even show you around their smoker area if you walk up and ask them and they aren’t slammed.

Second Fiddle on Broadway is our favorite little dive bar to close out the night. Place can be packed and there’s a bartender that will remember my name and drink order the next night. Crazy talent and good drink prices. Corey Farley (not mcfarland) puts on a fun show there if he’s on the schedule when you are there.

Kid Rocks bar is a good time

Ole Red is a sit and listen kind of place unless you go up on the rooftop and it’s more lively.

Miranda Lamberts bar is pretty good. Can be loaded with people so young you can’t figure out how they are old enough to be there. The food in the restaurant is pretty good too.

Legendary Milkshake Bar in between Printers Alley and Broadway has some pretty legendary milkshakes. 😂

And Matheessens has great cookies and ice cream too.

The Hampton Social was a good dinner spot also supposed to be good for brunch but haven’t been there for that.

The Electric Jane for another dinner spot

Ole Smoky distillery at Sixth Ave S and Peabody had a good tasting selection for flavored “moonshine” and food truck style dining in their huge bar area.

The Byrd/Lime scooters don’t work after 9pm if I remember correctly. It may be 10pm.

Last edited:

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I would also point out that the hotels north of Broadway are up a steep hill and can be brutal at the end of the night. We always stay south or west. Our friend stayed up on the north side and we told him we weren’t going back to his hotel after hiking it the first night. 😂

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Skulls Rainbow Room in Printers Alley is good for dinner. You will need a reservation.

Hattie B’s on 19th Ave S is much faster than the new one on Broadway.

Biscuit Love in The Gulch is a good little breakfast spot.

Martins BBQ is good and they will even show you around their smoker area if you walk up and ask them and they aren’t slammed.

Second Fiddle on Broadway is our favorite little dive bar to close out the night. Place can be packed and there’s a bartender that will remember my name and drink order the next night. Crazy talent and good drink prices. Corey McFarland puts on a fun show there if he’s on the schedule when you are there.

Kid Rocks bar is a good time

Ole Red is a sit and listen kind of place unless you go up on the rooftop and it’s more lively.

Miranda Lamberts bar is pretty good. Can be loaded with people so young you can’t figure out how they are old enough to be there. The food in the restaurant is pretty good too.

Legendary Milkshake Bar in between Printers Alley and Broadway has some pretty legendary milkshakes. 😂

And Matheessens has great cookies and ice cream too.

The Hampton Social was a good dinner spot also supposed to be good for brunch but haven’t been there for that.

The Electric Jane for another dinner spot

Ole Smoky distillery at Sixth Ave S and Peabody had a good tasting selection for flavored “moonshine” and food truck style dining in their huge bar area.

The Byrd/Lime scooters don’t work after 9pm if I remember correctly. It may be 10pm.
Only the old farts were sitting at old red when we were there it was packed and everyone was dancing and drinking. Even my dumbass was dancing might had something to do with drinking though.

Machally

Reaction score
I would also point out that the hotels north of Broadway are up a steep hill and can be brutal at the end of the night. We always stay south or east. Our friend stayed up on the north side and we told him we weren’t going back to his hotel after hiking it the first night. 😂
We are staying at the Grand Hyatt on Broadway.

wallnutz

Reaction score
We will be back in 2 weeks. We were there in October and had a blast. We probably won't do to much touristy stuff this time, well maybe the Country Music Hall of Fame. We enjoy live music so we will hit a few bars on Broadway.
Franklin is a little tourist town with shopping and food. There are a few civil war memorials there too.
We are staying at the top of the hill lol. Uber is our friend and the hotel also has a shuttle that runs to midnight.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
If you're interested in odd/unique/vintage vehicles, the Lane Auto Museum is incredible..... worth the couple of hours if you've got them

eand28

Reaction score
Lane museum is definitely worth walking through. Has some really quirky cars.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Plenty to do. Downtown bars and live music everywhere. opryland hotel, General Jackson dinner/show boat river cruise, Jack Daniels distillery, Grand Ol Opry, Plantation tour, music city hall of fame…

Her454

Reaction score
Cool history, good local preferably mom and pop restaurants, we love local dive bars etc. Would also like to see some of the country side. Some nearby lakes would be good to see. Not for water activities, more to check out lakefront houses and such. Possible retirement option scenario.
Tootsies on Broadway for dancing, drinks & great music, Johnny Cash Museum, Blue Turtle Bay Marina Restaurant on Old Hickory Lake for a great lunch and house hunting. And of course the Grand Ole Opry backstage tour if you like country 🎶

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
OK, here's my recommendations.

I don't do fancy dinners, so I'm out on that one. Hell, I barely eat when I'm partying, but the BBQ joint listed above is pretty damn good.

My Daughter works at Hampton Social, it's a happening place for brunch, and you typically need reservations, I can help with that if you want. Chics seem to dig the place for some reason, me, I don't really get it, but since my daughter works there, we'll do a brunch there next weekend when there.

She also works at the new PBR (bull riding) not the beer. I haven't been there so I can't give you any idea, until we go there as well. If vip bottle service is your thing, this is what she does, and I can probably get you a table.

I prefer dive bars, or at least dive bar feels, so for me, when there, these are my go-to's

Doc Holidays, don't let the wife spin the wheel, but if she has friends, encourage it, LOL. Also has had someone good playing music in there 100% of the time I've been in there.
Bootleggers, usually has an artist of some type playing by themselves.
Roberts, it's a touristy place, but it's divey and they have some really good music there, some famous people sometimes stop in to play there.
Midtown, the Red Door, it's my new favorite, you actually get drinks in a glass there, and prices are good.
I forget which bar I like on Printers alley, but it's NOT the jazz one.

Johnny Cash museum is cool, and there's a speak easy downstairs, but it has a strict dress code, and I think you need reservations. One of these trips I'll try it.

Other than that, we'll just walk to where we hear music we like, and pop in. FWIW, I like Western, not that new country shit, so most of the big name bars we stay clear of.

We've also done the hop on hop off bus tour thingy, I think they're around $50, but it will take you all over town and you can jump off and check out an area, then jump back on. The Ol Smokey moonshine place in the old car manufacture plant (sorry name is slipping) is pretty fun, and if you tip the girl giving out the tasters, she'll typically get you drunk of tasters vs. just a couple simps.
American Pickers store is also located there, some cool stuff, but I find it overpriced.

My friends live in Mt. Juliet, about 20miles from Downtown, it's a cool little town with some close lakes, but I haven't been out on a boat yet.

Have fun, and if you decide you want to hit Hampton Social, PM and I'll see if the daughter can squeeze in a reservation.

Machally

Reaction score
OK, here's my recommendations.

I don't do fancy dinners, so I'm out on that one. Hell, I barely eat when I'm partying, but the BBQ joint listed above is pretty damn good.

My Daughter works at Hampton Social, it's a happening place for brunch, and you typically need reservations, I can help with that if you want. Chics seem to dig the place for some reason, me, I don't really get it, but since my daughter works there, we'll do a brunch there next weekend when there.

She also works at the new PBR (bull riding) not the beer. I haven't been there so I can't give you any idea, until we go there as well. If vip bottle service is your thing, this is what she does, and I can probably get you a table.

I prefer dive bars, or at least dive bar feels, so for me, when there, these are my go-to's

Doc Holidays, don't let the wife spin the wheel, but if she has friends, encourage it, LOL. Also has had someone good playing music in there 100% of the time I've been in there.
Bootleggers, usually has an artist of some type playing by themselves.
Roberts, it's a touristy place, but it's divey and they have some really good music there, some famous people sometimes stop in to play there.
Midtown, the Red Door, it's my new favorite, you actually get drinks in a glass there, and prices are good.
I forget which bar I like on Printers alley, but it's NOT the jazz one.

Johnny Cash museum is cool, and there's a speak easy downstairs, but it has a strict dress code, and I think you need reservations. One of these trips I'll try it.

Other than that, we'll just walk to where we hear music we like, and pop in. FWIW, I like Western, not that new country shit, so most of the big name bars we stay clear of.

We've also done the hop on hop off bus tour thingy, I think they're around $50, but it will take you all over town and you can jump off and check out an area, then jump back on. The Ol Smokey moonshine place in the old car manufacture plant (sorry name is slipping) is pretty fun, and if you tip the girl giving out the tasters, she'll typically get you drunk of tasters vs. just a couple simps.
American Pickers store is also located there, some cool stuff, but I find it overpriced.

My friends live in Mt. Juliet, about 20miles from Downtown, it's a cool little town with some close lakes, but I haven't been out on a boat yet.

Have fun, and if you decide you want to hit Hampton Social, PM and I'll see if the daughter can squeeze in a reservation.
Thanks for the great suggestions. We may want to hit up Hampton Social Sunday, I’ll let you know. Thanks for the offer.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what’s already been said on this thread. However I would like to add a restaurant recommendation. We ate at Justin Timberlake’s restaurant “The Twelve Thirty Club”. It was nothing short of fantastic. It’s upscale compared to most restaurants in Nashville, but I would definitely go back. Have a great trip!

Reactions: DWC