WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Dreams have come true. DCB Center Console V42

sintax

Reaction score
1589233953486.png

haha sorry i couldn't help it, thats how i felt this convo was going

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Inmates be careful for what you desire or wish for. I have been boating on Havasu since the installation of the London Bridge and learned to waterski in Steamboat cove in when the wind tore up the lake. Has anyone thought of the kind of wake these boats are capable of putting out. There is a reason they work so well in rougher water. We all complain about how wakeboard and deep V’s jack up the water on the lake for the normal lake ride. No matter how big DCB produces a big wide body Cat they generally don’t impact the quality of water we all tend to get impacted by disgruntled over. While I welcome the design and performance for CC in rough West Coast waters, I would prefer too see and experience for them for runs between SoCal harbors and Catalina/Channel Island runs up the coast to Ventura County. As I try too advise my 16 year old son - think before you speak up and be careful what you wish for because you can’t ski in Steamboat any longer and the no wake zone in Thompson Bay used to end before you could see the Marina and not take 20 minutes to get on wake. Truth hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Inmates be careful for what you desire or wish for. I have been boating on Havasu since the installation of the London Bridge and learned to waterski in Steamboat cove in when the wind tore up the lake. Has anyone thought of the kind of wake these boats are capable of putting out. There is a reason they work so well in rougher water. We all complain about how wakeboard and deep V’s jack up the water on the lake for the normal lake ride. No matter how big DCB produces a big wide body Cat they generally don’t impact the quality of water we all tend to get impacted by disgruntled over. While I welcome the design and performance for CC in rough West Coast waters, I would prefer too see and experience for them for runs between SoCal harbors and Catalina/Channel Island runs up the coast to Ventura County. As I try too advise my 16 year old son - think before you speak up and be careful what you wish for because you can’t ski in Steamboat any longer and the no wake zone in Thompson Bay used to end before you could see the Marina and not take 20 minutes to get on wake. Truth hurts.

Oh they can put out monster wakes getting on plane, the wakes aren’t too horrible after they get on plane. That said like anything else displacement is displacement and these are large vessels..

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Twin 450's would be more economical at this point.
Still a sexy hull regardless of power.

gqchris

Reaction score
while i like to imagine that if i had this boat thats what it would look like, but theres a good chance it would just be the a few old bar hags and their friends.

I'm not totally against this though, i'm not too proud.

Just bring it to a boat show like this one and have all the hired "models" take a photo! Done Deal!

Warlock1

Reaction score
I am surprised they didn't start with a 34 or a 36 for their first CC. Those are super popular because they have all of the benefits of the bigger boats but are cheaper and easier to manage around the docks and beaches. We sold our sub 40 footers at a ratio of 50-1 (guessing) verses the bigger boats.

Tank

Reaction score

I get where you are coming from. But when talking about ANYTHING outdoor related, when do you ever hear, "oh yea, it's so much better now!" ?? In general, people don't like change or the problems change brings when talking about out-door activities. But it is what it is. I've told this story before but when I first started really going to havasu a lot around 97 I used to get dirty looks and told "take that ocean boat back to the ocean" all the time....It was a 24' Baja Outlaw LOL

Havasu is big enough you can still find a little peace and quiet even on the big weekends if you look hard enough (usually down by the damn).