djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Didn't go so well. :eek:eek

[video=youtube;9TGrpoyPMJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TGrpoyPMJU[/video]

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Whoops...... Looks like she got scared and bailed.... Did she get back on?

JBS

Reaction score
It looked like the Horse had an itch.

My wife pesters me for a horse constantly. I keep ignoring it:rolleyes

She has plans to get the yet to be born daughter into riding. It will make boating seem like a bargain :(

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
They tried to get her back on. She screamed. They're gonna try again tomorrow.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
My ex-wife had a horse when I met her, (I was 18, her 17).
I went to the barn with her and she has me get on to ride for my first time.
Now, in general, I like animals.
OK, I'll try this.
She gets the horse walking around.
Well, I'm worried about falling off, so I squeeze my legs a little tighter.
Little did I know that this is a signal for the horse to go faster:eek
Now, I'm more afraid of falling off. Natural reaction, I squeeze my legs tighter:yikes
The horse starts going even faster.
Not good.
That was my one and only time on a horse.
They are a beautiful animal, but I want nothing to do with them.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aww!! Not a good way to end the ride :( As you said, you're probably lucky now since she thinks she doesn't like horses. I grew up riding and have always had horse fever... not a cheap hobby.

Major props to your wife for staying calm and not freaking out and scaring her even more :thumbsup:thumbsup

With little riders, sometimes it's a good idea to have another person walk alongside the horse and hold the kid's leg since they don't have the leg length or strength to hold themselves on the horse. Just a thought...:thumbsup

Joker

Reaction score
Regardless of how it ended, that was a cool video. :thumbup:

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
Good stuff, djunk. I remember when my 4 yr old daughter rode one. It was great. But after my 20 month old son saw her ride, he started screaming that he wanted to go too.:)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My ex-wife had a horse when I met her, (I was 18, her 17).
I went to the barn with her and she has me get on to ride for my first time.
Now, in general, I like animals.
OK, I'll try this.
She gets the horse walking around.
Well, I'm worried about falling off, so I squeeze my legs a little tighter.
Little did I know that this is a signal for the horse to go faster:eek
Now, I'm more afraid of falling off. Natural reaction, I squeeze my legs tighter:yikes
The horse starts going even faster.
Not good.
That was my one and only time on a horse.
They are a beautiful animal, but I want nothing to do with them.
That's me, rode once and that was enough. Looks enjoyable for many but not my cup of tea.
My horses have handlebars and only eat when I ride 'em. It's a rare occassion to clean up after them either.:p:D
Aww!! Not a good way to end the ride :( As you said, you're probably lucky now since she thinks she doesn't like horses. I grew up riding and have always had horse fever... not a cheap hobby.

Major props to your wife for staying calm and not freaking out and scaring her even more :thumbsup:thumbsup

With little riders, sometimes it's a good idea to have another person walk alongside the horse and hold the kid's leg since they don't have the leg length or strength to hold themselves on the horse. Just a thought...:thumbsup

My wife had a horse too. Rode everywhere throughout Vista back in the days. Good chance I blew past her on my dirtbike..lol She hasn't rode one in ages though until yesterday, by chance.
She went with a neighbor friend to keep her company as her son went to learn.
Just so happens that our Daughter in Law and Son do this for a living in Carlsbad.;);) Buck Up Rides it's called:)

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It looked like the Horse had an itch.

My wife pesters me for a horse constantly. I keep ignoring it:rolleyes

She has plans to get the yet to be born daughter into riding. It will make boating seem like a bargain :(

Horses.....Like a $50,000 dog that isn't potty trained or affectionate:D:skull

Personally I don't get it...lol

PVHCA

Reaction score
No. Shes now scared of horses. But at least it saved me from having to buy her one.

Good move my friend.

My god daughter has been riding competition for years, she just turned 15, her parents sold her horse a few months back, I'd say they made the right move, flipping money pit that hobby!!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Horses cost more than railroad maintenance.
Very expensive.

Cool video :)

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Cindy wanted a horse for years...we always have had friends with hayburners so I have pointed her towards them for her horse fix. She has waited for 25 years for me to fence a certain portion of our property, figuring she'd put a horse on it.
Knowing this, I've never fenced it.
Horses are wonderful; as long as they belong to someone else. A money pit like nothing else in the world, and constant maintenance, even if you don't ride, you pay.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Jeff's comment made me think of..."or a yacht slipped in the harbor"

Had family friends with a 52' Californian in Los Alimitos Bay, I asked Donn once when the last time he saw his boat 'Beefeater', he replied, I haven't seen her in months but the slip, electric meter and bottom cleaning bills arrive promptly each and every month.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Ya we're not getting a horse. Even my wife knows better than that.

jack14r

Reaction score
I have 3 show horses,3 brood mares 3 two year olds,3 yearlings 4 winglins and 4 in the oven for next year.You cannot imagine the monthly expenses some months,but I have great stuff and there are buyers that will pay in excess of 500K for a superior saddlebred.I was offered 1,000,000 for my 2 time world grand champion.

D

Deleted Account

Haha so my sister has two horses, I'm not a horse guy, ever. She says bring your girls over to the stables and lets have some fun. So Cayla gets on her monster half thorough half quarter and she's leading him around the pen. Then she gets the paint and my other daughter is riding him. Right about then Caylas horse freaking bolts, and about 3/4 of the way she gets tossed off, a huge ride. I'm between the fence and hauling ass. She hits super hard (thank god for helmets) and Is out cold, eyes open laying in the dirt.

I'm figuring out if I can touch her, and the horse bolts straight at me. He's hauling ass, so I just stand there. He blows right into me. My daughter wakes up and starts screaming. I grabbed the stupid horse nose (which I'm sure still has my thumb prints) and off he goes.

Daughter actually walked it off. Every time that horse even looked at us... Well you get the idea. No more horsies, ever. Sis is still mad about that. F that.

River Cowboy

Reaction score
OK, the horse was shaking this is normal. YES it feels creepy as hell (wife just said "still hate when Diana does that")
I have two Missouri Fox Trotters, a good horse can be had for very little money they are a lot of work to keep around
cost is about $150 per head per month plus vet bills now and then (most expensive vet you will ever meet)
The real money comes with the training, stopped counting long ago.

affectionate? not in the normal way you would think, both will follow me around when working around there area and I have
seen them do some fancy foot work to keep from stepping on people that don't know how to be around them

Hope your sister gets your daughter past this, even if she does not get in to horses it would be a shame for her to be afraid
of a great animal that is a very handy almost all purpose vehicle

C-2

Reaction score
OK, the horse was shaking this is normal. YES it feels creepy as hell (wife just said "still hate when Diana does that")

Yup, bastards, watch out for the shake :eek

[video=youtube;2g__si30uCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g__si30uCw[/video]

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I have two Missouri Fox Trotters, a good horse can be had for very little money they are a lot of work to keep around
cost is about $150 per head per month plus vet bills now and then (most expensive vet you will ever meet)
The real money comes with the training, stopped counting long ago.

affectionate? not in the normal way you would think, both will follow me around when working around there area and I have
seen them do some fancy foot work to keep from stepping on people that don't know how to be around them

Hope your sister gets your daughter past this, even if she does not get in to horses it would be a shame for her to be afraid
of a great animal that is a very handy almost all purpose vehicle

I'm sure it is normal. I'll explain that to my 3 year old daughter. Lol

DrHW

Reaction score
Used to ride a bit and have mucked a few stables. :deadhorse:

I would rather put a few bucks on them at Santa Anita or Delmar. ;)

Rickybobby

Reaction score
djunk
Good job starting her early although she might be a little to early for her to really grasp the whole horsey deal???

It is kinda of funny to hear boat guys talk about horses being money pits !!!!!!! You can get good horses cheap, 1-3 g's its the dam upkeep that gets to be a pain in the ass (even if you have horse property, and dont even get me started on the crazy ass barn drama!!!). There is one side effect that some here may over looked and hard to put a price tag on. When a little girl has a horse to take care of, she rarely has time to mess around with boys (and drugs) and I think we all know where that goes!!!!!

The horse business is brutal (worse then used car salesmen, every horse is bomb proof and leaps tall buildings in a single bound) but my daughter has learned a ton about life and all the cowgirl stuff!!!! She recently decided to take her horsey thing to a whole new level, so we will see how it works out (she wants a handgun for Christmas:eek:eek:eek)
My "baby" is 26 and covers the cost of her horse now by herself, I can wait awhile for grand kids;););)

My son and I have several activities we guys do together (which my daughter is completely fine not being included in). But playin with the ponies with my daughter has always been about just us (her and I) hangin out (my son has absolutely no interest in them).
rb

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Our new family pet. LOL just picked up this yearling, she is currently training in Florida and if all goes well will be running at Santa Anita and Del Mar in the spring. Other than feeding her some carrots my daughter is not going near her :D

Attachments

• DW.jpg
    DW.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 13

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
djunk
Good job starting her early although she might be a little to early for her to really grasp the whole horsey deal???

It is kinda of funny to hear boat guys talk about horses being money pits !!!!!!! You can get good horses cheap, 1-3 g's its the dam upkeep that gets to be a pain in the ass (even if you have horse property, and dont even get me started on the crazy ass barn drama!!!). There is one side effect that some here may over looked and hard to put a price tag on. When a little girl has a horse to take care of, she rarely has time to mess around with boys (and drugs) and I think we all know where that goes!!!!!

The horse business is brutal (worse then used car salesmen, every horse is bomb proof and leaps tall buildings in a single bound) but my daughter has learned a ton about life and all the cowgirl stuff!!!! She recently decided to take her horsey thing to a whole new level, so we will see how it works out (she wants a handgun for Christmas:eek:eek:eek)
My "baby" is 26 and covers the cost of her horse now by herself, I can wait awhile for grand kids;););)

My son and I have several activities we guys do together (which my daughter is completely fine not being included in). But playin with the ponies with my daughter has always been about just us (her and I) hangin out (my son has absolutely no interest in them).
rb

We're not starting anything. Lol. This won't become a regular thing.