WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mouse trap bait

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
starting to bait up for tonights attack.....poison going out also
View attachment 1393476
Way too much peanut butter! You only need a tiny bit of chunky peanut butter on the small metal part that holds the pin.

Also I’ve had really good success with the electric ones And I put the tiniest bit in the trap and get one every time!

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
This should help.

rivergames

Reaction score
I never get mice in my house, but I had one a few days ago. I think my cat brought the sucker in because I just had my house fumigated 3 weeks ago.

Anywho, On Sunday night, I used the mouse sticky traps and put a chunk of mozzarella string cheese in the center. Monday morning, that mofo was glued down to the trap and then dumped in my trash can!

1719515571505.png

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My 2 cents -

Peanut butter works good with snap traps. But, I highly recommend setting up a sniper station at night. Get a nice BB rifle. Name your rifle. There are many like it - but this ones yours. Use a 6' ladder as a tripod to steady your aim and put you up higher for better visibility. Duct-tape a maglight to the gun, set to pencil beam. Roll your sleeves up. Talk to yourself. Talk to the rats - softly, as you take aim from a distance. Whisper - you will give them a chance to move, but take no mercy after counting 3. Don't pull the trigger - squeeze. This will ensure a kill. A kill is what you want. A kill is why we breath. Paint your face with the blood of the dead. Pick them up with the dog's pooper scooper and catapult their filthy rat corpses over the fence onto your bitch neighbors balcony. They started this....but YOU. WILL. END . IT.

Brian

Reaction score
I've had luck with little pieces of bacon too.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My trick

Bait the trap with PB the day before then leave it out over night not set so the PB dries a bit and can’t be eaten as easily. I then set the trap, then push the “floor” down just a whisker so it goes off even easier. I use these style.

1719630934042.jpeg

D Mac

Reaction score
I use a raisin jammed in the trigger. They have to work at it. Too many times the peanut butter was licked off and trap never triggered.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Tip on setting the traps -

Rats are habitual, and once they successfully run a "path" to and from their nest, they repeat it. They usually run along base of walls, corners, etc. Where you see them running (or evidence of them running, like droppings or rub marks on the wall / fence) is where you should place the trap.

Regarding setting the trap - my exterminator recommneded that you make sure to keep the trap in the same exact spot, its normal for them not to try and hit the bait for 3-4 days. They recognize that the trap is something new in their path, and instintually they don't trust it at first and keep distance. If you keep moving it daily cause they aren't biting - they will continue to not bite.

But - please consider taking my previous advice, dressing like rambo and hunting them with a pellet rifle.
Who has time to wait for this trap bullshit . . .

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Left this out a few nights with some pb on it…in the garage in WA. Problem solved 🏆💯

IMG_9793.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
Tip on setting the traps -

Rats are habitual, and once they successfully run a "path" to and from their nest, they repeat it. They usually run along base of walls, corners, etc. Where you see them running (or evidence of them running, like droppings or rub marks on the wall / fence) is where you should place the trap.

Regarding setting the trap - my exterminator recommneded that you make sure to keep the trap in the same exact spot, its normal for them not to try and hit the bait for 3-4 days. They recognize that the trap is something new in their path, and instintually they don't trust it at first and keep distance. If you keep moving it daily cause they aren't biting - they will continue to not bite.

But - please consider taking my previous advice, dressing like rambo and hunting them with a pellet rifle.
Who has time to wait for this trap bullshit . . .
Listen to bb500r, he's the pro when it comes to rats and other rodents 🤣