WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mini houseboats?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Is there such a thing, I’m thinking like a class c motorhome that floats. Woke up at 3:00am this morning, brain switched on and I laid in bed designing a mini houseboat, sorta sprinter van vibe but on the water. Was thinking something like that would be cool to keep slipped on havasu, shove off and spend a week or two at a time lake glamping 😂

I’m not gonna lie, my design was getting pretty booshey, but WTF it’s not like people don’t spend a half a million on a go fast that you can’t sleep or take a shower in🤷‍♂️

Whatcha got?

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
There was a 22-24ft pontoon that used to be kept at Pirate's. Like an 8x8 box, with a big front porch that could be screened in, and a small porch out back.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
F924DC29-C036-4CDC-AD94-03C9851D4891.jpeg

5CDA99B7-B872-4932-8D31-742A1C4488EA.jpeg

You with your wood skills...
7DB44413-6E46-476F-BC38-B9636941F05D.jpeg

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
"Class C"? No, maybe a "Super C"...more Renegade than Winnebago.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Look for a used Sun Tracker Regency 32' Party Cruiser with trailer. I think they are 8 or 8.5 wide so easy to tow.

Photo
hq720 (1).jpg

Last edited:

baja-chris

Reaction score
What happened to River Dave’s idea to repurpose an old toon as a UTV transport barge?

dspracing

Reaction score
There are a bunch of cool mini houseboats around town in driveways. I know there is one on cinnamon. I’ll be knocking on his door when the time is right.

Boat 405

Reaction score
My dad built this deal about 10 years ago. All aluminum construction. Open or full canopy. Shower, shitter, fridge, freezer, stove, very solid deal. Has a/c too when closed up. 40 x 10’ still can trailer it easily
IMG_9316.jpeg
IMG_9315.jpeg

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Years ago in Lake Havasu, a friend who lived there had one of these late 1970's, 25' Steury Trailerable Houseboats. In fact if memory serves, it was this exact one.

Was powered by an OMC I/O and motored around Havasu quite well. They had a slip at the Havasu Marina that they kept it in seasonally. The only negative if I recalled, that with the single engine and massive windage, getting the beast on the trailer on a breezy afternoon, gracefully, was challenging.

I know as a family they did a lot of beach camping during the more comfortable seasons.

Steury 25' Houseboat.jpg

whiteworks

Reaction score
Years ago in Lake Havasu, a friend who lived there had one of these late 1970's, 25' Steury Trailerable Houseboats. In fact if memory serves, it was this exact one.

Was powered by an OMC I/O and motored around Havasu quite well. They had a slip at the Havasu Marina that they kept it in seasonally. The only negative if I recalled, that with the single engine and massive windage, getting the beast on the trailer on a breezy afternoon, gracefully, was challenging.

I know as a family they did a lot of beach camping during the more comfortable seasons.

View attachment 1431644
Now we’re getting somewhere, that is about the scale I was thinking. I wonder if there is any modern day version of this with some real creature comforts. I could see our little family doing some beach camping or extended trips between parker and Laughlin in something like that.

Living in a mini house boat down by the river, if you will 😂

2Driver

Reaction score

View attachment 1431644

If I recall there was one for sale at the Springs years back…like 2012 im guessing. I gave it a second thought, maybe this is the same one. That and 2 stand ups would be a fun time.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I’m afraid to ask, but who’s Terry and what happens with him?
He lived on a house boat similar on the strip. One night while driving it with no lights on. Another boat that didn't see him crashed through the middle of his house boat and he passed away. The story and pics from the driver of the other boat are wild.

Taboma

Reaction score
If I recall there was one for sale at the Springs years back…like 2012 im guessing. I gave it a second thought, maybe this is the same one. That and 2 stand ups would be a fun time.
I know my buddy's was put up for sale following him passing away unexpectedly in 2010. He had a small generator he carried onboard, but no AC, which would have made warmer weather boat camping more pleasant.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

View attachment 1431644
There was one of those for sale in Long Beach not too long ago, I haven’t been on Craigslist in a while, but that where it was. Was in a slip, not great condition but maybe saveable?

whiteworks

Reaction score
Oh snap, looks like this is a thing. I’m really surprised one of the RV manufacturers hasn’t stepped into this space, seems like a no brainer🤷‍♂️

GPR721

Reaction score

View attachment 1431644
My dad had one something like this back in the '90s. Cool little houseboat to hangout on the weekends. I've seen one like it in a dirt lot on Havasu Ave past the AM/PM near the apartment complex.

Growing up one of our neighbors at our river property had an old Yukon houseboat. It was about 20 something foot long and ugly as could be. Saw one the other day sitting in a driveway on the southside. Looked a lot like this.
a-classic-yukon-delta-houseboat-out-for-a-mississippi-weekend-adventure-21290325.jpg

77charger

Reaction score
seen some cool small ones like posted.imo they be pretty nice to use be simple easy deal and alot less money wise

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Growing up in the 70s there was a yellow one at Topock called the 'Crazy Mary II', it was about the size of a regular pontoon boat in those days.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Lake Unpleasant

HST4ME

Reaction score
Lake Unpleasant

Wouldn't have a problem calling one of those home

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Is there such a thing, I’m thinking like a class c motorhome that floats. Woke up at 3:00am this morning, brain switched on and I laid in bed designing a mini houseboat, sorta sprinter van vibe but on the water. Was thinking something like that would be cool to keep slipped on havasu, shove off and spend a week or two at a time lake glamping 😂

I’m not gonna lie, my design was getting pretty booshey, but WTF it’s not like people don’t spend a half a million on a go fast that you can’t sleep or take a shower in🤷‍♂️

Whatcha got?
IMG_0248.jpeg

Morehart

Reaction score

The little hobo looks pretty cool and newer