WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Meanwhile in Maricopa County

jailbird141

Reaction score
You are correct, we ain't seen nothing yet. It will get worse. Look at what is going on in some of the mountain/hill communities on the east coast that were hit by the hurricane. Gangs of heavily armed "undesirables" working together to loot houses and businesses. And before anyone says it, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the open borders and the criminals from other countries that have came here illegally. That's racist to think!

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The Phoenix news said that they are actually able to boost the signal from your key fob that is in your house. Telling people to keep their key fob in a Faraday case when home.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I was wondering if the truck had been left unlocked and/or a repeater was used.
Looks like the alarm was going off, the blinking lights on mirrors.

poncho

Reaction score
You are correct, we ain't seen nothing yet. It will get worse. Look at what is going on in some of the mountain/hill communities on the east coast that were hit by the hurricane. Gangs of heavily armed "undesirables" working together to loot houses and businesses. And before anyone says it, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the open borders and the criminals from other countries that have came here illegally. That's racist to think!
They said on the local news yesterday morning relief trucks would be leaving Mass for the south but due to hijacking the routes and destinations are not disclosed, disgusting.

Cdog

Reaction score
Damn! Fool was rockin a draco.

I guess ford SD’s are a favorite to steal in South Texas by cartels.

I get nervous parking in public places knowing how easy these trucks are to steal.

Sharky

Reaction score
The Phoenix news said that they are actually able to boost the signal from your key fob that is in your house. Telling people to keep their key fob in a Faraday case when home.
Interesting. . . .

Since at least 2020, GM has used motion detection in their key fobs. The fobs "go to sleep" if they have been sitting awhile.

I was trying to watch the video, you can see the thief removing the sun shades and possibly holding something else. . . like a tablet.

Even with a scan tool, it "should" take 30 minutes (if you know what you are doing) to bypass the TDM through the secure gateway.

I'm wondering if the truck owner was followed earlier and his fob cloned. Thief comes back later to steal the vehicle. But even then, GM uses rolling codes.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Big dark truck like that will be at the border hauling drugs or people. Few years ago our friends truck was stolen from in front of a movie theater. It was a dark blue lifted Ford. Two days after it was stolen it was found in the desert south west of Tucson. The lights and dash board had been painted black, also the chrome wheels. The sheriff told them they do that so they can’t be seen from the air or high spots on the mountains. Told them it probably had made several trips from the border in those couple of days.
Now days they have flir and other heat seekers and better night vision to see them, but they probably still sneak through the same way.

gqchris

Reaction score
Interesting. . . .

Since at least 2020, GM has used motion detection in their key fobs. The fobs "go to sleep" if they have been sitting awhile.

I was trying to watch the video, you can see the thief removing the sun shades and possibly holding something else. . . like a tablet.

Even with a scan tool, it "should" take 30 minutes (if you know what you are doing) to bypass the TDM through the secure gateway.

I'm wondering if the truck owner was followed earlier and his fob cloned. Thief comes back later to steal the vehicle. But even then, GM uses rolling codes.
This guy shows it all. A tablet can be purchased off Ebay and the rest is simple.

Cdog

Reaction score
Interesting. . . .

This is what they do. The park close and clone your fob.

The tool is calledI a flipper zero

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Anything with a push button start is gonna be clone-able.

A mechanical key gives a bit more protection (besides the Hyundai/Kia fiasco) but isn’t foolproof, either.

Just pull a critical fuse, so they can’t drive away with it. Easy peasy.

attitude

Reaction score
Brb, I’m going to go park my Ram in Waddel. I need a reason to go buy a new F150.

On a more serious note, if I saw that on my camera I wouldn’t intervene, even if you blasted them through a window there is no telling if the other guys would light your house up. If the other guys tucked their tail and ran, dealing with the law would still suck.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Brb, I’m going to go park my Ram in Waddel. I need a reason to go buy a new F150.

On a more serious note, if I saw that on my camera I wouldn’t intervene, even if you blasted them through a window there is no telling if the other guys would light your house up. If the other guys tucked their tail and ran, dealing with the law would still suck.
1727970596457.gif

77charger

Reaction score
Hidden fuel shutoffs are a must these days.
Best kill switch ever my uncle back in the day his first efi car first thing he did was install a toggle switch on pos wire going into fuel pump.

6 months later at a hospital they tried to steal his four runner came back to it door open damaged ignition and a dead battery.

PRIMO

Reaction score
you have to outsmart the fuckheads / disable
your vehicle when parked / With the gasoline vehicles i would always pull my rotor / my diesel trucks I would krytonite chain a rear wheel to frame / the only answer to this armed robbery is to sit back and laugh ......😎

Fuckheads !!!!!!!!'

JL95

Reaction score
I used to pull my ignition coil wire off of my 87 bronco at night, especially without the top on lol

Reactions: FCT

Icky

Reaction score
My neighbor had his 22 2500 Chevy stolen a few weeks back while we were out of town. They were gone in 30 seconds. Bypassed alarm, onstar and his digital license plate

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Best kill switch ever my uncle back in the day his first efi car first thing he did was install a toggle switch on pos wire going into fuel pump.

6 months later at a hospital they tried to steal his four runner came back to it door open damaged ignition and a dead battery.
I did that on my truck in High School (carbureted). I can't tell you how many times I would jump in and drive off forgetting to flip the switch on. It would drive a 100 feet or so, sputter, and die. Oh shit I forgot the switch. LOL.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
This is what they do. The park close and clone your fob.

The tool is calledI a flipper zero
I was talking to a tech at the Caddy dealer up here. Early 30's Mexican kid with an afro, blasting 90's gangsta rap in his bay 🤣 He was saying that one of the things they do is run an antenna, wire tied into their flipper, down their sleeves. They then follow their mark into Starbucks, Costco or such, scan and go out to the unattended car.

Honestly, I thought newer cars would be harder to steal, but with some of the tablets and cheat tools now, it seems easier.

FCT

Reaction score
My wife freaks out and locks everything. I tell her if they want it that bad they can have it. Just a vehicle and easily replaceable 🤷‍♂️

I hate pieces of shit and I’d love to see them pay for the crimes they do but I’m not going to risk my safety or my family’s over a easily replaceable material item,

Cdog

Reaction score
I was talking to a tech at the Caddy dealer up here. Early 30's Mexican kid with an afro, blasting 90's gangsta rap in his bay 🤣 He was saying that one of the things they do is run an antenna, wire tied into their flipper, down their sleeves. They then follow their mark into Starbucks, Costco or such, scan and go out to the unattended car.

Honestly, I thought newer cars would be harder to steal, but with some of the tablets and cheat tools now, it seems easier.
So many easy marks these days. Practically nobody is self aware of their surroundings. Living in a social media bubble.

I’m the odd one watching everyone fuck about.

I know when I put myself in those situations, often not by choice but you have to live life and can’t always stick to a routine.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
My buddy bought his a wife a 2023 Bronco. They got it all set up nice with 37s and Fuel wheels and some cool bumpers with a winch. It’s been stolen 3 times. They get it back everytime because it’s got so much GPS shit on it. The last time they found it out in the county with the dipshit thief asleep in the driver seat. He went with the sheriff to get it and they arrested the dipshit on the spot. Scumbags piss me off.