WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marble countertops

Wbinder

Reaction score
Anyone here have some marble countertops with some miles on them? I can only find pictures on the internet of new marble countertops but would like to see some pictures of countertops with some years on them and know if you still like them. My wife really wants marble for the new kitchen and we’ve heard all the horror stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadenchick

Reaction score
Yes, I have marble in all my bathrooms, laundry room and kitchen. I’m very careful with them. In the kitchen I spill water on them and wipe it up and don’t have an issue. Just get them sealed and you’ll be fine.

I’ve spilled some cosmetic stuff but we hired someone to remove the stains. I love them, I didn’t want the fake quartz marble look. I’ve had them since 2016 and no issues. I’m not at home to provide pics, so sorry!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
It seems like true marble would be soft and get damaged easy.

The new solid surface countertops look pretty cool, and are very durable. They are a composite of crushed stone (they have different types), in an epoxy.

I just put in old fashioned Granite in a kitchen.

Sent From Tapatalk

82daytona

Reaction score
Anyone here have some marble countertops with some miles on them? I can only find pictures on the internet of new marble countertops but would like to see some pictures of countertops with some years on them and know if you still like them. My wife really wants marble for the new kitchen and we’ve heard all the horror stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why marble when there’s other natural stones available with similar looks and not the characteristics?

SixD9R

Reaction score
We are planning a kitchen remodel right now and our counter top supplier sells marble, granite, quartz, and corian. They definitely recommended staying away from marble because it’s too easy to damage.

2droppedchevs

Reaction score
I have quartzite countertops (slab quartz, slightly harder than marble but weaker than granite). If you have kids or a clumsy wife stay away from them. I have chips in the edges and around the sink.

Reactions: DWC

82daytona

Reaction score
I have quartzite countertops (slab quartz, slightly harder than marble but weaker than granite). If you have kids or a clumsy wife stay away from them. I have chips in the edges and around the sink.

quartzite is in no way “weaker” than granite. It’s one of the hardest stones to cut. I know a guy

82daytona

Reaction score
Some people want the worn farmhouse look. Maybe that’s what the OP is after?

2droppedchevs

Reaction score
quartzite is in no way “weaker” than granite. It’s one of the hardest stones to cut. I know a guy
Lol, thats what I was told after we had them. Momma wanted them so that is what we ended up with. They look good but like I stated they have gotten their fair share of chips and nicks. We also have four boys 18,12,7,and 3 so there is that too.

82daytona

Reaction score
Lol, thats what I was told after we had them. Momma wanted them so that is what we ended up with. They look good but like I stated they have gotten their fair share of chips and nicks. We also have four boys 18,12,7,and 3 so there is that too.
Those are normal with any stone and can always be repaired.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

This is true, but it does chip on edges very easily. We did 200 apartments with it over a couple of years...thats the 1 complaint I have. Cutting it destroys a lot of blades...but if you do it right its super easy to make the seams disappear vs natural stone.

jet496

Reaction score
We have 20 year old granite tops in our kitchen & not so much as a tiny chip or knife mark in them. We have marble in one of our bathrooms, no problems, & I always thought is was as tough as anything out there but I'm no expert. I do like the look of marble.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Granite/marble are millions of years old.
It’s a rock...How the heck are you guys destroying it in a kitchen within a few years? [emoji12]
Seriously though, it doesn’t look all nice and polished when it comes from a quarry. It needs to be polished...anything you can do it damage it should be fixable, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro