WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Low-sulfur High diesel fuel

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I really like how much quieter the motor is, if it wasn’t for that, I probably wouldn’t be adding anything.

work2ski

Reaction score
This conversation is literally why I don't want to buy a new truck. Currently have on '03 D-Max and spend time in Mexico. they don't sell ULSD down there. Have heard it may cause problems, but know there are guys who put it in newer trucks. Anybody have any experience with Diesel down on the fun side of Trump's wall?

Interesting read on the additives, I haven't used any in 250k miles. Never modified the computer either...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
This conversation is literally why I don't want to buy a new truck. Currently have on '03 D-Max and spend time in Mexico. they don't sell ULSD down there. Have heard it may cause problems, but know there are guys who put it in newer trucks. Anybody have any experience with Diesel down on the fun side of Trump's wall?

Interesting read on the additives, I haven't used any in 250k miles. Never modified the computer either...

As I understand it, high sulfur fouls the cat. Your try I may not even have a cat.

And besides, your truck was designed to run the higher-sulfur fuel you’re using in Mexico. It wasn’t designed to run ULSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

81Sprint

Reaction score
So I have a 07 LBZ Duramax 86k miles. Have a Kennedy Diesel tow tune, egr disabled, cat gone, and also a FASS lift pump. Been using Diesel Kleen every tank and I have quite a bit of soot on the rear fender. Would 2 stroke help with the Soot? I have the classic Duramax tick, maybe it would help quiet that down as well

work2ski

Reaction score
As I understand it, high sulfur fouls the cat. Your try I may not even have a cat.

And besides, your truck was designed to run the higher-sulfur fuel you’re using in Mexico. It wasn’t designed to run ULSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Right. That's why I don't want a to buy a new one.

Thinking I should run Dielsel Kleen though since I use ULSD for most fill ups...