WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOTO 2024 Trip!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
New Mexico was absolutely wild.. lol. From almost having a crazy experience at that loves to a little east of there we stopped for gas at a truck stop and some dude was doing donuts in the parking lot.. place is flat out lawless.. 😳

It’s literally like being in a different country

RD

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
New Mexico was absolutely wild.. lol. From almost having a crazy experience at that loves to a little east of there we stopped for gas at a truck stop and some dude was doing donuts in the parking lot.. place is flat out lawless.. 😳

It’s literally like being in a different country

RD
Great pics, keep them comin!

Sounds like New Mexico ain't much safer than Old Mexico :oops:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
IMG_3306.jpeg
IMG_3307.jpeg
Just grabbed some food in Tulsa back on the road

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking forward to this entire story

basically as soon as we got off the freeway the crackheads were everywhere

I was on a mission for more beer because I didn’t have to drive for like eight hours..

I got out of the truck and they descended on us like locusts..

I’m walking to the building and this guy starts talking to me but kinda sketchy and I’m walking and he starts walking faster to intercept my path.. so I say “can I help you?” And then he starts in with the “oh don’t fuck with me I’m no bitch”. I say whatever and make it into the building and grab the beer..

In the mean time I’m watching my truck and boat keep moving about five feet over and over.. two dudes walked up to the back of it and disappeared.. then one of them started taking pics and taking pics of the license plate etc..

So I’m inside and now dude that tried to intercept me is standing right behind me and he’s Runnin his mouth so we did the Mexican stare down for a couple seconds and he’s half my size so I’m thinking about bouncing his head off the countertop..

The cashiers are acting like this is biz as usual.. then another guy wearing a dew rag walks in one door wearing a security shirt with a gun on his side.. guy behind me kinda mellows out I follow that guy through the door on the way to the truck and there’s some drug addict with shit spilled all over the sidewalk next to the building so he starts kinda sorting that..

Todd pulls the truck up to the front and I jumped in and we were gone.. lol.

It was mind bending how fast shit started to unravel at that spot..

IMG_3288.jpeg
IMG_3289.jpeg
IMG_3287.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
basically as soon as we got off the freeway the crackheads were everywhere

I was on a mission for more beer because I didn’t have to drive for like eight hours..

I got out of the truck and they descended on us like locusts..

I’m walking to the building and this guy starts talking to me but kinda sketchy and I’m walking and he starts walking faster to intercept my path.. so I say “can I help you?” And then he starts in with the “oh don’t fuck with me I’m no bitch”. I say whatever and make it into the building and grab the beer..

In the mean time I’m watching my truck and boat keep moving about five feet over and over.. two dudes walked up to the back of it and disappeared.. then one of them started taking pics and taking pics of the license plate etc..

So I’m inside and now dude that tried to intercept me is standing right behind me and he’s Runnin his mouth so we did the Mexican stare down for a couple seconds and he’s half my size so I’m thinking about bouncing his head off the countertop..

The cashiers are acting like this is biz as usual.. then another guy wearing a dew rag walks in one door wearing a security shirt with a gun on his side.. guy behind me kinda mellows out I follow that guy through the door on the way to the truck and there’s some drug addict with shit spilled all over the sidewalk next to the building so he starts kinda sorting that..

Todd pulls the truck up to the front and I jumped in and we were gone.. lol.

It was mind bending how fast shit started to unravel at that spot..
This is how it had gotten going into a grocery store or 7-11 in the San Fernando Valley.

You literally had to case the parking lot and do a circle, checking out surroundings before parking and opening the door, especially when with the kids.
I knew it was well past time to move at that point. Crackheads and mentally unstable homeless tweakers everywhere, and they'd decend on you like zombies when they'd see the car park and door open. This was mid-day, broad daylight.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Albuquerque is like every other Democrat run city, a total shit hole. We were there for three months for work and couldn’t wait to get out. How’s Missouri away from the lake?

Seems nice but we are just driving through so couldn’t say?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Albuquerque is like every other Democrat run city, a total shit hole. We were there for three months for work and couldn’t wait to get out. How’s Missouri away from the lake?

We have been flying into STL and then driving over (little over 3 hours). Once you get out of STL (also a shit hole) it is a very nice drive out through the middle of farm fields with small towns and a large Mennonite population. It is not uncommon to see 8-10 horse & buggies on the road during the trip. Other than STL, our experiences have been WONDERFUL throughout MO!

This next trip (5 weeks away) we are flying into Springfield (much closer to the lake) which is obviously smaller than STL. I am excited for that experience and to see that side of the place.

Orangegazm

Reaction score
We have been flying into STL and then driving over (little over 3 hours). Once you get out of STL (also a shit hole) it is a very nice drive out through the middle of farm fields with small towns and a large Mennonite population. It is not uncommon to see 8-10 horse & buggies on the road during the trip. Other than STL, our experiences have been WONDERFUL throughout MO!

This next trip (5 weeks away) we are flying into Springfield (much closer to the lake) which is obviously smaller than STL. I am excited for that experience and to see that side of the place.
Flying into Springfield is great... small, clean and fast. We had are luggage and rental car and on the road within 30 minutes. We land at 1:45 Wednesday and will be at the Camden by 4:00

DWC

Reaction score
I go to Albq a few times a year for work. My guy that has the area tries to take me to the “war zone”. Shit is out of a movie. People on the corners as lookouts that start whistling when an unknown car comes in. Couches in the street to hang out. Dudes on bikes following. I tell him the rest of the place is scary enough.
Last year we were at the Hilton downtown. We’re having a beer at the roof top bar. A f’g bomb goes off to our right. My buddy says it was a “firework”. My ass that was a hundred yards + away and was loud AF. Couple minutes later someone empties a clip on the street to our left. I paid the bill and called it a night. Only stay at the Chaco now. 😬.

Tank

Reaction score
How tired are you guys Dave? Damn. Power through, brutal

Anyone know how @ChiliPepperGarage and Scott are doing with their tow out? They may have been right around NM last night. Haven’t heard from since. 😬😬

Last edited:

Dunerking

Reaction score
@Shlbyntro and I have done the Austin run straight… similar miles.. you’ll be dead dog tired but you’ll make it.

I’ve also done it solo but was delirious seeing black spots in my vision..water vs redBull Is my key and running laps every hour or so around the truck lol
Haha…running around the truck/car is the proper move. Just did Atlanta to SLC to Agua Dulce/Santa Clarita in 32 hours straight..stopped for a 20 minute nap in between Cheyenne and Lariame Wyoming..I was beat when I pulled into the house.
Did a family trip to Lake Travis Texas a couple of years ago and did the drive home straight in 18 hours. Nice to sleep in my own bed.

BoatWhipz

Reaction score
Albuquerque is as much if not worse than they say it is. We stopped for beer P and some gas. We didn’t get gas almost got robbed and into a situation. That place sucks.

We were there for minutes and it went sideways quick..

I’ll tell the story later.. only pic Todd got. Dude near me is the guy that was up to no good with me. His pals kept walking up to the back of the boat and he kept pulling forward..

Don’t stop there if you can help it.

View attachment 1418383
What a shit hole place

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How tired are you guys Dave? Damn. Power through, brutal

Anyone know how @ChiliPepperGarage and Scott are doing with their tow out? They may have been right around NM last night. Haven’t heard from since. 😬😬

I started seeing spots.. black flys etc.. lol

We are a 100 miles out from PBc so filling up the boat and wiped it down real quick..

Launching at pbc and going to have them look at the trailer breaks.. then I’ll take the boat to the Camden and Todd will take the truck.

RD

IMG_3313.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
I started seeing spots.. black flys etc.. lol

We are a 100 miles out from PBc so filling up the boat and wiped it down real quick..

Launching at pbc and going to have them look at the trailer breaks.. then I’ll take the boat to the Camden and Todd will take the truck.

RD

View attachment 1418635

So door to door in roughly 24 hours? Not bad!

JFMFG

Reaction score
Props Dave you guys are turning miles

OkHallett270

Reaction score
The whole entire state of New Mexico is a federal government strong hold. It all sucks if you ask me. There are some beautiful places to visit in New Mexico but overall that state is a liberal shithole.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Getting an extended mile fuel tank in the bed makes alot of sense for long trips in bad areas and avoiding have to stop for fuel.

I have 51 gallon tank in my truck but we took Scott’s truck on this trip. Have to stop at about 300 miles. Wish we had taken mine. It’s really nice to be able to go 600 to 700 miles if needed.