WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Los Angeles Today - looks like a 3rd world country but it's even worse!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I agree. But I’ve been dealing with it up close and first hand for 24 years. The drug epidemic is a plague on society that just fuels crime like dumping gasoline on a fire. And you’re right it also fuels mental health problems. But you can’t ignore true mental health issues and those that can’t care for themselves due to their limited mental health status. Whether it’s so due to over drug use or just naturally occurring, people in that capacity need to be institutionalized.

People can ignore it and say it’s no worse than it was 20 years ago and think it’ll get better but it’s getting worse every year (statistics actually prove that) and it won’t get better until the laws are changed (repeal ab109, and amend prop 47 and prop 57 and prop 36), criminals are held accountable, and the mentally ill are forcibly housed. Then you’ll see a change for the better. That will never happen under democratic leadership.
You SIR are obviously just a RACIST!

Side note.. they are going to reopen the Mental Hospital in Norwalk off of Bloomfield. From what I hear it will be part mental, part addiction.

You guys want to know when this state really started taking a dump, look back to when the closed down all those facilities and kicked the mental people to the streets.

Tank

Reaction score

Side note.. they are going to reopen the Mental Hospital in Norwalk off of Bloomfield. From what I hear it will be part mental, part addiction.

You guys want to know when this state really started taking a dump, look back to when the closed down all those facilities and kicked the mental people to the streets.

Part mental part addiction? Sounds like someone knows what they’re doing! All mental health facilities should have a fork in the road at intake screening. Drug induce psychosis this way, mental illness this way.

spectras only

Reaction score

That is exactly what happened in Vancouver. We had a huge mental facility in the suburb of Coquitlam that the province shut it down long time ago:(. It is still standing, Hollywood and movie industries using it.:rolleyes:

We also had a skid row right in the downtown district that existed for over 50 yrs.
Homelessness was not an issue in Vancouver until after the 1980s. Prior to then, there had generally been enough affordable housing provided by surpluses from the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), which had been initiated in 1946 by the federal government.[5][failed verification] However, national affordable housing programs received funding cuts from the government during the 1980s.[4] Total housing stock increased after the federal funding cuts, but it was from private sector development of market housing rather than affordable housing.[4] Between the affordable housing cuts, and increase in market housing, real estate grew to be out of the price range of some lower-income groups.

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yup. The local area has options. The old USC/LCMC Hospital is still standing and could be used as a mental facility as well. There are locations across the county that would work, but we need to make sure all of our illegals are taken care of before we tackle handling any of our own problems. lol

Tank

Reaction score
Yup. The local area has options. The old USC/LCMC Hospital is still standing and could be used as a mental facility as well. There are locations across the county that would work, but we need to make sure all of our illegals are taken care of before we tackle handling any of our own problems. lol

LCMC closed? Did it move? Dang. Haven’t made a run down there since 97. Lol

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
LCMC closed? Did it move? Dang. Haven’t made a run down there since 97. Lol
They built a new facility right next door. Pretty sure they are only using part of the old place for office space.

Tank

Reaction score
They built a new facility right next door. Pretty sure they are only using part of the old place for office space.

Yea. It was outdated on the 90’s soooooo good call building a new one. Lol

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Ha Ha....Another worthless thread by MMDave gone to the dungeon..lol :D:D:D:D:D:p:p:D:):)
You might want to read & listen to what Tank is preaching, working the streets on a daily, in his profession, is going to far out weigh your observations & little smiley post up faces.

Banging on "What Exit", about worthless threads, while "you" nut swing off the king of worthless threads Grads.....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You might want to read & listen to what Tank is preaching, working the streets on a daily, in his profession, is going to far out weigh your observations & little smiley post up faces.

Banging on "What Exit", about worthless threads, while "you" nut swing off the king of worthless threads Grads.....

It’s not their problem.
They can’t see it from their driveways.

spectras only

Reaction score
Well well, left my quiet neighbourhood that was far away from major homeless areas three years ago.We had two small beautiful parks on top of a hill, far from amenities for homeless getting any service/food. Wife just talked to one of our neighbour who lives there and she said , homeless set up tents in Castle Park.
News> they are getting organized and militant. https://www.tricitynews.com/news/bu...-tent-city-homeless-protesters-say-1.23877435
Build homes or we'll put up tent city, homeless protesters say

Fuck, no one built me a home for free.:mad:
These fuckers don't look like homeless to me but bleeding hearts:rolleyes:

image.jpg

500bbc

Reaction score

ACLU will fight involuntary commitment tooth and nail.

This will not help.

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Camarillo State Hospital is now a State University-CSUCI.Camarillo State Hospital never should have been closed.Was a top notch well staffed hospital that helped many people deal with mental illness.Spent many nights sweeping the streets out there,hundreds of people in those buildings and total silence.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well well, left my quiet neighbourhood that was far away from major homeless areas three years ago.We had two small beautiful parks on top of a hill, far from amenities for homeless getting any service/food. Wife just talked to one of our neighbour who lives there and she said , homeless set up tents in Castle Park.
News> they are getting organized and militant. https://www.tricitynews.com/news/bu...-tent-city-homeless-protesters-say-1.23877435
Build homes or we'll put up tent city, homeless protesters say

Fuck, no one built me a home for free.:mad:
These fuckers don't look like homeless to me but bleeding hearts:rolleyes:

image.jpg

Holding up traffic does not a home build.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Reopening the mental facilities is certainly a start... but here is where it gets very political. To get the mentally ill homeless to the facilities laws need to be passed to get them off the streets and into a said facility. I don't see anyone in this state government or local LA government that will do that. Plus the flood of liberal judges that will simply stop it in court.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Reopening the mental facilities is certainly a start... but here is where it gets very political. To get the mentally ill homeless to the facilities laws need to be passed to get them off the streets and into a said facility. I don't see anyone in this state government or local LA government that will do that. Plus the flood of liberal judges that will simply stop it in court.
W.I.C. 5150 and 5150.5 make it pretty easy actually. Problem is you go to take one of these guys on a mental hold and the fight is on. Then comes the lawsuits and questions as to why are we wasting times trying to help them only to cost police departments big money when it goes south.

Reality is most of those on the streets want to be there. There are millions in grant funds just sitting there to house and provide care for them. But they do not want to follow the rules they need to take advantage of them.

Political BS mixed with mental health problems and you have the homeless problems we are facing today.

500bbc

Reaction score
W.I.C. 5150 and 5150.5 make it pretty easy actually. Problem is you go to take one of these guys on a mental hold and the fight is on. Then comes the lawsuits and questions as to why are we wasting times trying to help them only to cost police departments big money when it goes south.

Reality is most of those on the streets want to be there. There are millions in grant funds just sitting there to house and provide care for them. But they do not want to follow the rules they need to take advantage of them.

Political BS mixed with mental health problems and you have the homeless problems we are facing today.
Who's making money is the real question.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

As a person who is on the front line (you) I take your word for it and agreee almost totally.

I say “almost” because, simply put, every urchin I’ve ever seen, know of or made contact with is an addict.
The “mental illness” to me is just a label for crazy junky.
I’m sure I’m biased, but from my vantage point the stereotypical “bag Lady”, or your downtrodden “aqualung” has been replaced by strung out lost souls from Seattle and elsewhere, living the heroin dream while their upper middle class parents seek therapy to define where they went wrong, having given up after 4 interventions and 3 stints in court ordered rehab.

“Homeless” is a symptom, not the problem, as you know better than most.
In your professional observation, would you say that my observation is rooted in at least a portion of truth?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So only Democrats take pharma $$$

Squeeze, it’s not debatable that prescription opioids are a significant gateway to those who seek to be drug addled for whatever reasons.
Oxy is exactly what led Debs son to be the wasted heroin junky that he is today.

This discussion is related more to the aftermath, and how these liberal policies that you support are geared strictly to use these souls as political fodder.
Not a single lib politician gives a single fuck about these lives...not a one.
And frankly neither do you.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
As a person who is on the front line (you) I take your word for it and agreee almost totally.

I say “almost” because, simply put, every urchin I’ve ever seen, know of or made contact with is an addict.
The “mental illness” to me is just a label for crazy junky.
I’m sure I’m biased, but from my vantage point the stereotypical “bag Lady”, or your downtrodden “aqualung” has been replaced by strung out lost souls from Seattle and elsewhere, living the heroin dream while their upper middle class parents seek therapy to define where they went wrong, having given up after 4 interventions and 3 stints in court ordered rehab.

“Homeless” is a symptom, not the problem, as you know better than most.
In your professional observation, would you say that my observation is rooted in at least a portion of truth?
Yup. Most have mental issues (not all caused by narco/drugs). And most also use some form of drug/narcotics or alcohol as a means of self medication. Many of the mentally ill only get worse after years and years of hard drug use. Definitely not rocket science behind it.

Prior to Prop 47 down here (made almost all drug offenses misdemeanors and very little if any jail time) these same people would get arrested and be off the streets for a bit where they would get back on some actual drugs to stabilize their mental issues. Once release, they go right back to the drugs, but at least they had days/weeks/months of somewhat regulated help. It has become far worse with the choices our retarded politicians are making in the name of saving money.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yup. Most have mental issues (not all caused by narco/drugs). And most also use some form of drug/narcotics or alcohol as a means of self medication. Many of the mentally ill only get worse after years and years of hard drug use. Definitely not rocket science behind it.

Prior to Prop 47 down here (made almost all drug offenses misdemeanors and very little if any jail time) these same people would get arrested and be off the streets for a bit where they would get back on some actual drugs to stabilize their mental issues. Once release, they go right back to the drugs, but at least they had days/weeks/months of somewhat regulated help. It has become far worse with the choices our retarded politicians are making in the name of saving money.

My stepson gets arrested all the time.
He doesn’t care. It’s like a joke to him. They “rogue” all night from SF to Sac stealing cars, robbing, and all for heroin.
They go in Walmart and literally change clothes into new stuff and walk straight out...or just run out the door.
When he goes to jail he makes more contacts.

Here’s a nice shot of him walking away from my old back porch at 2:30 AM after he chiseled a hole in the wall of the rental house I just moved out of in Vacaville.

F3B6EB73-AAB6-46DD-8C5A-4D3E54C640FD.png
5FCD3775-CD76-4243-A864-E75CD1B383FE.png

I got him when I checked my cameras on line (I was in CO) and they were not working.
Called the cops, they went over and the cameras were gone. The back wall had a hole chiseled in it and the stupid fucker was too high to just go through a window. This is the same little fuck that I’ve opened my house to, let him visit his dying mom no matter what time of day or how high he was when he showed up.
He was the last person to see her alive other than me...and what’s he do? Try to break in and rob me.
I gave them all the video and images, his name, his dads contact info, EVERYTHING. But as you know this is nothing. Nothing at all.

Fuck CA, fuck the lib politicians and the fucking out of touch libs who sit in their living rooms pontificating about how great liberal shit is.
It’s a fucking disaster and every single day I’m happier and happier about my decision to leave.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
My stepson gets arrested all the time.
He doesn’t care. It’s like a joke to him. They “rogue” all night from SF to Sac stealing cars, robbing, and all for heroin.
They go in Walmart and literally change clothes into new stuff and walk straight out...or just run out the door.
When he goes to jail he makes more contacts.

Here’s a nice shot of him walking away from my old back porch at 2:30 AM after he chiseled a hole in the wall of the rental house I just moved out of in Vacaville.

View attachment 782937 View attachment 782938

I got him when I checked my cameras on line (I was in CO) and they were not working.
Called the cops, they went over and the cameras were gone. The back wall had a hole chiseled in it and the stupid fucker was too high to just go through a window. This is the same little fuck that I’ve opened my house to, let him visit his dying mom no matter what time of day or how high he was when he showed up.
He was the last person to see her alive other than me...and what’s he do? Try to break in and rob me.
I gave them all the video and images, his name, his dads contact info, EVERYTHING. But as you know this is nothing. Nothing at all.

Fuck CA, fuck the lib politicians and the fucking out of touch libs who sit in their living rooms pontificating about how great liberal shit is.
It’s a fucking disaster and every single day I’m happier and happier about my decision to leave.
Welcome to Havasu, USA ,Tommy!! We kept the light on for you!!:)