Save your money for later
Sell the boat and make a shit load of money

Well folks tomorrow is not guaranteed
Live life
Enjoy yourself and your Friends
Of course you need to be responsible and not just blow everything

I have made some amazing friends over the years
Unfortunately I’ve also lost a few
Road trip with my 87 year old mom this week was awesome yet emotional since those times will be coming to an end ( or she outlived me which is always possible)
Wish there was something I could do for Springfield but not a damn thing
Now today I call a buddy of over 30 years asking how it’s going
He found out he has.cancer last week
He had just retired
FUCK
FUCK FUCK

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Your friends who know you will be there when needed. Those who choose to judge from the outside looking in and act like they are knowing “your” way of life. F em.
What is it. Judge thee and not be judged. Or something like that.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Well said Dan 👍👍

Sorry to hear about your friend. Going through the same myself as I just found out a couple weeks ago one of my best friends from HS is battling cancer. Literally text him to say what's up and see how things are going and he hit me with it.

Tomorrow is not guaranteed so live life how you want.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Dan, we're all put on this rock with no rules or guidelines. Others say we should do things this way or that.
I believe we should do the best we can. That isn't always the same for different people, probably never.
Choose your path, and follow it. Tomorrow is never promised!

(Seeing pics of you and your bike on the 405 made me a bit nervous though...I hated riding rush hour:oops:)

Lumpy

Reaction score
Damn Straight!!!

Thought I had cancer for two months before I was cleared...gives you a whole other perspective on life!!!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Good Post.
Sorry about your friend & praying he beats it.
I yap on here a lot about my Pops . . . but after my Mom passed I told myself I'd do everything I can to keep him happy & enjoying life.
I'm really enjoying our time together, and I know he won't be around forever.
Good on You for the road trip with Mom. 👍

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I just lost my sister last night. She went to the hospital 2 weeks ago not feeling well. She ended up having leukemia and could not fight it. She just turned 61 last week. Sucks because she was in Virginia and I’m out west and could not get there. Yes FUK CANCER

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I thought we discussed this last week the majority said work while you can don’t take time off for vacation. Many people said they canceled their plans for work.

This thread here is exactly why you do not do that enjoy your time with your family it could be gone tomorrow.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Cancer treatments have come a long ways in the last 5-10 years or so. Your friend needs to pair it with a "kick it's ass" attitude and your support will be a big part of that.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Spot on.
retire while your still working. OT is overrated. Live everyday when you can still enjoy it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’ve had it with the holier than thou people
You drink to much
Only buy a boat if you pay cash
Why the hell buy such an expensive boat

Live life

Road trip with my 87 year old mom this week was awesome yet emotional since those times will be coming to an end ( or she outlived me which is always possible)
He had just retired
FUCK
FUCK FUCK
Amen Dan you never know, and
F U C K C A N C E R and fuck others feelings too!

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm 46 and have already lost at least a dozen classmates to cancer, fuck cancer 🖕🖕

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Wife has had two battles spread across a decade. It definitely changed my outlook on life and planning for the future. Nothing easy about it but as @Maw said, treatments have come along way.

rush1

Reaction score
Fuck what ever anyone else says, your an American do what ever the fuck you want ,when you want ,how you want ! Only you are responsible for your self and only you pay the price if you fuck up ! Love what ever you want and hate what ever you want and let everyone kiss your ass . Treat everyone with respect unless they open their mouth and remove it them selves. :cool:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
With you and everyone like DWC here. No guarantee of tomorrow you have to find that blend of save for tomorrow but live a little today. My wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 4 years ago. Removed 3.5 years ago. Last week was her latest MRI. Everything is stable but given 10 year at the time of surgery. So needless to say our plans are a little skewed. We have been saving for our 30 years of marriage for our retirement that may never come. Not fare for the wife but damned if she will not go out swinging. Bought some toys and having a good time while we can. Dan you are the only one that should decide what is best for you. Enjoy while you can F those that can’t take it. BTW, not everyone is a baller and pay cash for everything. You do you F the haters!!!

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I have said very little if anything about my wife’s health, in January of 2020 at 60 years old it was confirmed at Stanford that she was a little deep into stage 1 Parkinson’s. It’s why we sold our Howard last August we boated as much as allowed. She will be 63 on Tuesday. Some of you may have seen the video of Michael J. Fox seeing Doc again. She started to cry and it broke my heart. I ask all of to treat each day special as we never know. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you going through with someone you love that’s I’ll.

Ray

Last edited:

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Oh and i forgot to mention that when i was 10 years old my mom got cancer, back then it was almost a death sentence, single mom in the 60's, Well the docs did surgery the following week of finding it and here we are 50 years later and she is still with us,

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
YOLO, and as I said in the work/play thread, the 2 things there isn’t any more of is dirt & time. Dan, let me assure you that not everybody pays cash, not everyone works at the expense of everything/everyone else. You do you, and let the haters hate, have fun, no worries. When you were posting pics of being at the races in KW, I was thinking, “ why am I working while the smart people are capitalizing on time?”. We each have to do it our own way. No one’s right, no one’s wrong. When people ask me how much I paid for something, I’ve always given the same answer - tell me when I’m going to die, I’ll tell you how much to that point! Probably have squandered a ton, but what I value are the experiences, and doing things, so in the end, it works out even.
As a side bar, when you ask a hospice nurse what people say on their deathbed, it’s always the same - everyone regrets what they DIDN’T do, not what they did do. Just sayin

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Memento Mori is our new motto. We decided on it when we headed out on our current adventure in June 2021. Essentially it translates to "Remember, you die," a reminder that death is inevitable, so LIVE today.

Vlads

Reaction score
6yxec8.jpg

clarence

Reaction score
The advantage of not deferring gratification (buying toys, early retirement), is not fearing bad news in the same way.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
My wife and her sister have both been down the cancer road. Her sister lost her battle on Friday. Cancer truly sucks.
Get busy living…
So sorry to hear the news. Give her our best and a big hug from Gen.

joecfd1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend. Like my old friend Brian Fetherolf (BD Marine) told me about 5 weeks before he passed, "Joe, live like you are dying".

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
I just lost my sister last night. She went to the hospital 2 weeks ago not feeling well. She ended up having leukemia and could not fight it. She just turned 61 last week. Sucks because she was in Virginia and I’m out west and could not get there. Yes FUK CANCER
Prayers for you and your family on the passing of your sister. 🙏 Hard enough when you see it coming, worse when it’s unexpected.

“Mrs.”

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Sorry about your friend, Dan. Glad you got to spend time with your mom though.

I'm in Scottsdale right now with my 93 year old mother. I come down here about once a month.

I retired over 5 years ago and have been very busy building stuff and working the fire department. This year will be spent playing more. I just bought a boat (yes, I paid cash. 🤣) after thinking I was done with boat ownership. I decided the pleasure I got from boating was worth the expenditure. I am really looking forward to getting back out on the water and I don't care about gas prices or maintenance.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Dan, sorry to hear about your friend. Praying he wins his battle.

With that said, FUCK 🖕🏼CANCER !!!

Within a two week time span I got the news of 5 people with cancer. 1 who was gone a month after the diagnosis.

Nephew-in-law’s dad is battling leukemia as is my niece’s 8 yr. old niece who’s in the hospital now for another round of chemo.

Another friend, a young mom of 2 daughters just finished radiation for her aggressive breast cancer.

I’m hearing there’s an uptick in cancers due to the vax as it suppresses the immune system. Not sure if true but I wouldn’t doubt it.

Keep in touch with those who are dear becuz you never know when they won’t be there. Take the time to enjoy life. Surround yourself with good people and tell the rest to kiss your ass.
“Mrs.”

Tank

Reaction score
Anyone else have 2 live crew’s S&M ring in their ears when reading Dans thread title? Lol 😂

“LISTEN ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!”

With that said, dans message rings true. Hug your kids, hug your parents, hug your significant others and friends. Tell them you love them and appreciate them in your life…life is short and fleeting and we’re all racing to the end every day. You always think you’ll have the time to….you don’t.

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I’ve had it with the holier than thou people
You drink to much
Why the hell buy such an expensive boat

Live life

He had just retired
FUCK
FUCK FUCK
I think you're an idiot for buying a boat that big and expensive. Seems unreasonable. 😉

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
I've remained determined and positive dealing with my cancer. I'll kick it's ass. 👍
That determination, Positivity will deliver the results you desire.
Prayers for you and your successful outcome!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Live for today - plan for tomorrow and next year.... have a reason to live.
Bingo. It’s all a balance. I’ve had co-workers over the years that never did anything or went anywhere just squirreling away ever dime waiting for retirement which never came for them unfortunately. You have to enjoy the time God gives us on this rock!

Alternatively you can’t spend your money like Joe Biden spends ours either. You have to save just in case you live well into your retirement years. My Old Man ended up having to Reverse Mortgage his house after 15 of being retired, mostly because him and his wife spent almost every dime they ever earned before they got too old to keep working. That was an eye opener for me in my 40’s.

My motto has alway been: Live for Today, but Save for Tomorrow.

badgas

Reaction score
Find that balance !

Some people ( like me ) will have much more joy knowing my kids will get some nice paid off houses and most likely some money when I kick it.
Others have more enjoyment now with a $500K car or toys up to their eye lids. You all get to choose your path.
@HB2Havasu and @HNL2LHC summed it up really well.

Sorry about your buddy, hope he beats it 🙏