WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lights on the Parker Strip (and other waterways)

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Putting up lights on the Parker strip is rediculous, but then again so are "no muffler" tickets. :skull

cxr

Reaction score
good post... i thiknk he left out pertinent information.

with all the crashes lately i am sure there are going to be some liability issues and increased enforcement patrols, especially at night.

i dont think the authorities go dumb fuckwads they got what they deserve and lets just hope it does not happen again!!!

ColeTR2

Reaction score
A friend that works on the california side sent this picture to me. She said someone put in three lights ..

Attachments

• RIPBrittney.jpg
    RIPBrittney.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 124

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
How far do we go?

Do we light the River all the way from Lake Powell to the Mexican border?

Who decides what parts get marked and what parts don't?

What about sandbars? People run up on those all the time. Do we put buoys on every sandbar, even though fluctuating water levels and shifting sandbars change those nearly every day?

Where would it end?

Who's going to pay to install and maintain it?

I don't think any of us want to pay 5 or 10 times what we're paying now for boat registration and/or boat taxes.

Boaters (especially here) are always bitching about Government intrusion and personal responsibilty.

But now you want the Government to come out and do even MORE to protect you from yourself?

Learn the area you boat in, learn proper boating rules and regulations, boat responsibly, and you won't need the Government holding your hand and telling you where you should and shouldn't go.
I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Essexive G's

Reaction score
Also with the letting your eyesight adjust aspect. Most people don't realize how great you can see at night on the water when you give your eyesight ample time to adjust. We are actually taught it can take ~30 min for your eyesight to initially adjust to the darkness then anytime you see a flash of bright light (ie headlight from a vehicle driving by, bright lights on the shore, etc) that it can take ~10-15 min for your eyesight to readjust. I've picked out things on the horizon on the water in darkness that even I was impressed I caught.

This is why Pirates are always depicted with an eye patch over one eye. They would always have an eye ready for sailing at night.