WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Let the hate begin! 🀣

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Happy Birthday. Cant believe I missed it yesterday. Oops.

In Smokey and the Bandit there is a line stated by Jackie Gleason...
"It happens every time one of those dancers starts poon-tanging around with those show folk fags."

He was talking about Nickelback.

😁😁

Backlash

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get these replies. I don't listen to Taylor Swift.

Maybe you guys that are fans can explain? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Unfortunately for me, my younger better half likes Taylor Swift. One of her songs or albums or phrases was called "Haters Gonna Hate." That's how I know that phrase was somehow connected to her. πŸ‘

C-2

Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-07-14 124356.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, my younger better half likes Taylor Swift. One of her songs or albums or phrases was called "Haters Gonna Hate." That's how I know that phrase was somehow connected to her. πŸ‘

Ah. Gotcha.

That phrase has been around Way longer than her. 😜

@Badchoices03

I surprised my kids with concert tickets one day too. I took em to see Kid Rock!

I'm a bad dad. 😜

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Ah. Gotcha.

That phrase has been around Way longer than her. 😜

@Badchoices03

I surprised my kids with concert tickets one day too. I took em to see Kid Rock!

I'm a bad dad. 😜
I think my dad got you beat. He took my brother and I to see the movie 48 Hours on one of his visitation weekends. We weren’t even teenagers, he got us in the movie theater and told us to stay put while he had to go to his office down the street and take care of some stuff. We saw that movie twice, with no parental supervision. What was more amazing was the theater staff let us stay in there to see it the second time.

We definitely walked out with a new vocabulary, but other than that no ill effects. So I just smile when I hear people freaking out about stuff today.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think they first caught my attention back in 01 with Silver Side Up. Lots of great tunes on that album.

About the same time I started listening to them. I like Nickleback

I think the hate comes from the fact that Chad Kroeger (lead singer) is apparently quite the asshole and originally they were a metal band and the same scene as Tool. Well ol' Chady talked some shit on Tool to a publication and the Tool heads went nuts and that is when the Nickelback hate started. At least that is the story I have heard.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I think the hate comes from the fact that Chad Kroeger (lead singer) is apparently quite the asshole and originally they were a metal band and the same scene as Tool. Well ol' Chady talked some shit on Tool to a publication and the Tool heads went nuts and that is when the Nickelback hate started. At least that is the story I have heard.

It's funny. I was reading a story this morning about how his music was "disrespectful" to women.

I can't imagine where anyone would get That idea! 😱🀣

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They better fucking play this song tonight. It's best listened to FULL BLAST!!!

Sex is always the answer...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Lots of peeps coming out of the closet lately.

Damm proud of you for stepping up.

πŸ‘πŸ˜
I am rubber your glue. What you say bounces off me and sticks to you……πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ I am sure that there will be hot chicks to check out for the straight guys that go. πŸ‘

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Good Luck with that Joe Happy Birthday Last Concert I was at was Linda Ronstadt feat Jackson Brown (Cal Poly) , before that Chambers Bros feat Love D Capo ( Earl Warren fair grounds) Quick silver and Steve Miller (Pismo) Don't dig on crowds at all , I get creeped out in a Walmart πŸ˜…

for those youngins' LOL

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Hawaii=Rainbow state. Coincidence?…. You be the judge.

Kidding @HNL2LHC
LOL I get a lot of crap. Even when my wife was in SF for medical reasons my friends sent me a rainbow t-shirt. Commenting that I stayed so long there (2 months) that I must have turned gay. I showed them up by putting on the shirt and taking a photo in the Castro District to prove them wrong…..πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am rubber your glue. What you say bounces off me and sticks to you……πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ I am sure that there will be hot chicks to check out for the straight guys that go. πŸ‘

Check post 39...

It explains Clearly how Some guys bag on a band that sings about hot women, sex and partying.

Like I said, I'm Damm proud of you for coming clean. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸŒˆπŸ˜

77charger

Reaction score
They have some good music they just opened themselves up to be ridiculed πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It's at the Forum tonight. To me, that's a small venue, by today's standards.

It looks like a pimple in the parking lot when you are standing at SoFi stadium! 😱

They always put on a great show. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Haters gonna hate! 😁
First off. Happy Fn birthday
Not hating just sayin. Little big town for me tomorrow night Santa Barbara bowl . Forum is still a big venue to me. SoFi I will never do again. Not even for a football game. 😱😜🀷😑

It’s pretty hard to not have a good time at β€œalmost” any concert. I’m mean you’d really have to work at it.

Have a great time.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Nope. Never heard it before. Lots of fun cameos in it though. I'm sure there were people in it that I don't recognize but many I do including The Ice man! Band seems okay. Not sure why they get all the hate especially considering they can get all those people in their video.
I can’t belief you’ve never heard this.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing them. I’ve heard they put on a decent show.

Brantley whoever though.,,not my cup of tea. 🀒

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
About 100 a hundred years ago I was here for my first concert ever.

I don't recall that cocktails were eighteen bucks each! 🀣

20230714_190841.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Fuck the haters , Nickelback rocks.
If you buy something for 20 cents and pay with a quarter what do get?
Have fun!

Backlash

Reaction score

This always intrigues me because the musical depth that Tool and it's members have, are far more sophisticated than anything Nickleback has ever produced. While the two bands may have shared similar genres early on in their existence, Nickleback can't hold a candle to Tool.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
This always intrigues me because the musical depth that Tool and it's members have, are far more sophisticated than anything Nickleback has ever produced. While the two bands may have shared similar genres early on in their existence, Nickleback can't hold a candle to Tool.
Tool may be talented, but their music never really did much for me. I tried. I really did. Just couldn't get into them.

I think Chad talked shit the first time they outsold Tool which of course means there were already "Sell out" comments being thrown since that's what happens when a band becomes successful.

Backlash

Reaction score
Tool may be talented, but their music never really did much for me. I tried. I really did. Just couldn't get into them.

I think Chad talked shit the first time they outsold Tool which of course means there were already "Sell out" comments being thrown since that's what happens when a band becomes successful.
I'm just a huge fan of Danny Carey and I could sit and listen to him for hours. The man is beyond talented!

riverroyal

Reaction score
If I had to guess the nickleback tickets were a fraction of the cost of popular crap out now.
I go to concerts for the 'show'. The best radio artist have been shit live.
Nickleback would be a great show at reasonable price.
Was Morgan Wallace at petco more fun for $1000 a seat? I don't understand some concert costs.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Happy birthday.!
About Barry Manilow. My parents next door neighbors were high roller gambling sisters who played at the Hilton. One sister was a big shot at Cedars Sinai Hospital. Used to tell me stories about Ray Bolger who was her friend and fellow church goer. Anyway they gave me and the ole lady their comped front row center seats. Never saw so much makeup on Barry than anyone man or woman πŸ˜€ it was actually a pretty good concert for what it was and hearing all those songs in the 70’s I knew a lot of them. And the bonus was his extremely hot scantily clad back up singers/dancers. Also the comped Benihana meal was great. I wish the ole gals had Iron Maiden tickets but it was still a cool night πŸ˜€

Last edited:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
My 7.3 has Never been on a tow truck bro.

But get this...

I heard Pandora is playing Barry Manilow and Air Supply non stop this weekend! You should set up your cassette deck and record that shit!

😁

I don't want to admit this, but back in the 80's I met this chick in a bar. She was really hot. Took her to dinner the next night and she says "Hey you want to go to a concert with me tomorrow night. I said sure who are we going to see? Barry fucking Manilow. I was like fuck me now I am stuck. So I went and don't want to admit it but he put on a good show. Don't like the music but the show was good. Got laid after, so it was worth it.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If I had to guess the nickleback tickets were a fraction of the cost of popular crap out now.
I go to concerts for the 'show'. The best radio artist have been shit live.
Nickleback would be a great show at reasonable price.
Was Morgan Wallace at petco more fun for $1000 a seat? I don't understand some concert costs.

I bought tickets for Old Dominion for this coming October. Man, what I paid for those tickets was criminal! But they are my favorite band right now and the seats are Great.

I was always passing things up cause I felt they were too expensive. Fuck that! If I see something I like, and I can afford it, I'm gonna buy it. YOLO

Like eighteen dollar cocktails! 🀣

The show was great. They did good job. πŸ‘πŸΌ

But my Personal take? They have a new album out, and they hardly played any songs from it!! The songs they did play I've heard a thousand times.

They also didn't play my Favorite song. 😑

I get it though, they play that songs that everyone (including me) wants to sing along to. It's fun, but a bit disappointing to me, since I've seen em So many times.

And my favorite song by them is nasty as fuck. They probably thought they would get more hate by disrespecting women! 🀣

Although...

The talent last night was amazing. All the girls dressed up like sluts. Thank gawd for sluts right? Gotta love em. πŸ’―

Brantley Gilbert did a Great job. Spent a lot of time talking to the audience and explaining what a die hard American redneck he is. Everyone loved that shit.

Great concert overall. Great birthday present. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Little vid I threw together with my typewriter phone! 😁

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I bought tickets for Old Dominion for this coming October. Man, what I paid for those tickets was criminal! But they are my favorite band right now and the seats are Great.

I was always passing things up cause I felt they were too expensive. Fuck that! If I see something I like, and I can afford it, I'm gonna buy it. YOLO

But my Personal take? They have a new album out, and they hardly played any songs from it!! The songs they did play I've heard a thousand times.

I get it though, they play that songs that everyone (including me) wants to sing along to. It's fun, but a bit disappointing to me, since I've seen em So many times.

And my favorite song by them is nasty as fuck. They probably thought they would get more hate by disrespecting women! 🀣

Although...

The talent last night was amazing. All the girls dressed up like sluts. Thank gawd for sluts right? Gotta love em. πŸ’―

Brantley Gilbert did a Great job. Spent a lot of time talking to the audience and explaining what a die hard American redneck he is. Everyone loved that shit.

Good to find you see the light. The 🌈 should enjoy life too!!!!

All joking aside you get to a point where you find yourself saying….. what am I saving for. Let’s go have some fun.

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Saw Old Dominion with Kenny C at SoFi. Really enjoyed them.
Kenny puts on a decent show. But didn’t play any of his new album. Disappointing for sure.
Looking forward to all the slutty looking girls tonight at little big town. πŸ˜±πŸ‘

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Saw Old Dominion with Kenny C at SoFi. Really enjoyed them.
Kenny puts on a decent show. But didn’t play any of his new album. Disappointing for sure.
Looking forward to all the slutty looking girls tonight at little big town. πŸ˜±πŸ‘

Where is the concert tonight? Love me some LBT too!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We saw Brantley Gilbert twice at the Mid-state fair. First time he opened for Trace Atkins and KILLED IT!! Out performed Trace by FAR!. The second time he headlined and Colt Ford opened for him. That was an AWESOME show too.

I love seeing a good concert at the Mid-state fair in Paso. Great fair, great sights, and just a damn good time. Helps when you can go boating before or after the fair as well.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We saw Brantley Gilbert twice at the Mid-state fair. First time he opened for Trace Atkins and KILLED IT!! Out performed Trace by FAR!. The second time he headlined and Colt Ford opened for him. That was an AWESOME show too.

I love seeing a good concert at the Mid-state fair in Paso. Great fair, great sights, and just a damn good time. Helps when you can go boating before or after the fair as well.

I was thinking...

This guy doesn't need to open for Anyone. He can definitely hold his own. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was thinking...

This guy doesn't need to open for Anyone. He can definitely hold his own. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Absolutely. He's written quiet a few songs for Jason Aldean also.

And seeing the 2 original performers of Dirt Road Anthem in person at the same concert was incredible also.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Although...

Kick ass...I think I'm gonna fins out where they play in the future