WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Latter Day Saints

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Serious question, I had some business interaction at the AZ temple in Mesa today and observed 3 young women leaving with their hair wet and combed straight. Is that like a baptismal for LDS?

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Serious question, I had some business interaction at the AZ temple in Mesa today and observed 3 young women leaving with their hair wet and combed straight. Is that like a baptismal for LDS?

No, baptism takes place at the church, there are different ceremonies that take place at the temple.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
It could have been a baptism, they do the whole jump into the pool thing.

Sharpy

Reaction score
They were most likely performing "baptism's for the dead".

Sharpy

Reaction score
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&sourceId=1ec52f2324d98010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____

Baptisms for the Dead

Jesus Christ taught that baptism is essential to the salvation of all who have lived on earth (see John 3:5). Many people, however, have died without being baptized. Others were baptized without proper authority. Because God is merciful, He has prepared a way for all people to receive the blessings of baptism. By performing proxy baptisms in behalf of those who have died, Church members offer these blessings to deceased ancestors. Individuals can then choose to accept or reject what has been done in their behalf.

Reaction score
!!!

Sent from manly black iPhone using tapatalk!

JBS

Reaction score
Someone could use Jesus in their life.....:thumbsup

Are you serious?

So you are good with all your dead loved ones now being Morman.

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bbd508f54922d010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&sourceId=1ec52f2324d98010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____

Baptisms for the Dead

Jesus Christ taught that baptism is essential to the salvation of all who have lived on earth (see John 3:5). Many people, however, have died without being baptized. Others were baptized without proper authority. Because God is merciful, He has prepared a way for all people to receive the blessings of baptism. By performing proxy baptisms in behalf of those who have died, Church members offer these blessings to deceased ancestors. Individuals can then choose to accept or reject what has been done in their behalf.

You might be surprised to learn that the Mormon church has teams of men and women microfilming records of Catholic and Protestant parishes, cemetery records, birth and death certificates?virtually any sort of record pertaining to past generations. Temple Mormons hope, in time, to have all of the dead of previous generations baptized posthumously into the Mormon church.

IMO this is futile. And possibly insulting.

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
You might be surprised to learn that the Mormon church has teams of men and women microfilming records of Catholic and Protestant parishes, cemetery records, birth and death certificates?virtually any sort of record pertaining to past generations. Temple Mormons hope, in time, to have all of the dead of previous generations baptized posthumously into the Mormon church.

We've researched our family tree quite a bit and the LDS Church's resources are second to none. Everybody in genealogy circles credits them as the leaders and they don't charge a dime for their services. Made our search a whole lot easier, I'll say that.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
SBJet you are not the first person to tell me this, and it is unusual to say the least.
A man and his religion are a very private thing, but I find the LDS church an amazing collection of unusual traditions.
I am a Protestant, a Methodist by choice. A Christian by the Grace of God
I prefer any prayers offered up for me after I depart this life be offered in that light.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Its a nutty deal.....

Just like all religion;):D:skull

This seems like a good place to inject my favorite atheist quote in to this thread:D

?I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.?
? Stephen Roberts

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Don't the wear "magic" underwear? I'd like some of those:D

I have been trying to get my wifes parents to bless my boxers for years:D:skull

The invention thread got me thinking......

Could I come up with a victoria's secret line blessed as magic garments so the poor mormon girls can look a little sexy while holding off for marriage?:eek::D

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
I'm a "Jack Mormon" :D
Used to do "Baptisms for the dead" at the LA temple. The LDS are an elitist religion based on my experience. They believe in three different levels of heaven, The better a mormon you are the higher up you go:rolleyes:
You ever watch animals being trained by dangling a carrot in front of them;):skull

Sharpy

Reaction score

Not surprised at all about the genealogy teams. As Doc said, The Mormon Church is renowned for it's record keeping.

As someone who doesn't have a religious affiliation I have to ask..... If you believe that the religion you follow is true, then why would it matter what the Mormons are doing since IYO, it isn't a true church and it wouldn't matter since it's not God's work? On the flip side, if you are an atheist, why would it matter to you what they are doing? If God is a myth, it's all for not anyway...

**Not directed at you SB, but a question to the masses**

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm a "Jack Mormon" :D
Used to do "Baptisms for the dead" at the LA temple. The LDS are an elitist religion based on my experience. They believe in three different levels of heaven, The better a mormon you are the higher up you go:rolleyes:
You ever watch animals being trained by dangling a carrot in front of them;):skull

460 would never make it to heaven....lol;):skull

JBS

Reaction score
We've researched our family tree quite a bit and the LDS Church's resources are second to none. Everybody in genealogy circles credits them as the leaders and they don't charge a dime for their services. Made our search a whole lot easier, I'll say that.

That's all well and good but lets be realistic. The LDS church is not doing this for the good of mankind they are doing this to promote their own agenda.

One being that the LDS church would love to come up with some sort of historical tie in to there theory that they are one of the Lost Tribes Israel.

Is it not true that records are changed to show that deceased people are baptized as LDS? No mention is made that this happened after they were dead. This distorts history more than the liberals

I do not have any issue with the Church other than this baptism issue. Have many "jack" Morman friends. We just agree to disagree

Last edited:

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
I once saw 3 women leaving a hotel room with their hair sticky and in knots and Tom Brown chasing them with his trowsers around his ankles.

Should I have called the cops? :D

Reaction score
Fun fun fun :D

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I sat in a hot tub with two lovely morman girls one time. It was fun. :cool: To a point......:rolleyes:

She told me she couldn't have sex until she got married. I suggested that once she got married, she should give me a call. :skull

It didn't go over that well....

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I sat in a hot tub with two lovely morman girls one time. It was fun. :cool: To a point......:rolleyes:

She told me she couldn't have sex until she got married. I suggested that once she got married, she should give me a call. :skull

It didn't go over that well....

lol.....

I once went in the hot tub with 1 mormon girl.

After I had sex with her she told me I had to marry her;):D

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
It's sad that although this thread might have started as the curiosity of the original poster, it has not come to be an attack on people's religion, knowing that a member here belongs to that faith.

I would hope that people either have respect of other people's beliefs. This thread shows quite the hate of some people on here and definitely their ignorance.

Reaction score
It's sad that although this thread might have started as the curiosity of the original poster, it has not come to be an attack on people's religion, knowing that a member here belongs to that faith.

I would hope that people either have respect of other people's beliefs. This thread shows quite the hate of some people on here and definitely their ignorance.
Are you a Mormon?

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score

We attack everyone here equally. Rest assured there is no prejudice one way or the other. If Sister Teresa showed up, surly someone would ask her what color panties she wore. And I would barf :D

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score
Are you serious?

As Sharpy stated, they have the choice to accept it or not. Esentially what it does is give everyone, even those who didn't have the chance to follow the LDS faith, a chance or a second chance.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Are you a Mormon?

No I am not. And I have views on that religion as well. Don't need to throw gas on the fire though and attack somebody for his beliefs due to the fact that he might be the only one here who believes that.

Is it cool to attack the one black guy on the forum? In a non-joking matter? I would not think so. Fortunately not everybody will jump on that bandwagon at the same time like they do in regards to religion.

We attack everyone here equally. Rest assured there is no prejudice one way or the other. If Sister Teresa showed up, surly someone would ask her what color panties she wore. And I would barf :D

Individually you might but there always seems to be a mob mentality with religion here.

I'll tell ya, the most fun forums that I'm on and the one that I frequent the most bans all talk of politics as well as religion. People use forums for information, insight and for entertainment. Unfortunately, religion and politics never seem to carry any of those three when it comes to the internet.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Are you serious?

So they magically become Morman when that happens? You have to believe in that faith for it to effect you so move along now.......:rolleyes:

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score

We can talk about wife's tits, ugly boats, union bash, out people on deck boats..But don't dare talk about religion! Get real calling someone ignorant seems to be against most religous "guidelines". Not being religious I find the hippocracy funny.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
We can talk about wife's tits, ugly boats, union bash, out people on deck boats..But don't dare talk about religion! Get real calling someone ignorant seems to be against most religous "guidelines". Not being religious I find the hippocracy funny.

If you'd learn the definition, it't not an insult. ;)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ignorance

lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being ignorant

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
Individually you might but there always seems to be a mob mentality with religion here.

I like to think of it more as a prop boating gang. You should see what we say and do to jet boters :skull

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
I like to think of it more as a prop boating gang. You should see what we say and do to jet boters :skull

At the same time, aren't jet boaters a protected class?:gayfight

Religion is no fun to argue about as each side has their belief and one either has faith, or not. It will be a never ending argument until one dies and then knows if they were in the right or in the wrong. We can easily see that jet boats are not as good as prop boats which is why the argument is different.

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
I call Bullshit! It is in your post. Ignorance sure isn't a compliment, it is used by people in arguements that don't have facts.

Which is synonomous with uneducated. :p

And what religious person is insulting you? You assumed hypocracy without fact. Another ignorant post. :D

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
At the same time, aren't jet boaters a protected class?:gayfight

Religion is no fun to argue about as each side has their belief and one either has faith, or not. It will be a never ending argument until one dies and then knows if they were in the right or in the wrong. We can easily see that jet boats are not as good as prop boats which is why the argument is different.

No one in their right mind could ever argue about religion. I'll leave it at that :D

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
Which is synonomous with uneducated. :p

And what religious person is insulting you? You assumed hypocracy without fact. Another ignorant post. :D

Most educated people know words have various meanings based on context.
I do agree religion isn't worth the back and forth here.
I have not argued religion only protecting the right of those who chose to make fun of it.

Director...
Reaction score
The Hallett 210 is the baddest Mofo on the water!

JBS

Reaction score

As I pointed out I can accept all peoples faiths. I did not care for someone telling me I needed to find Jesus. I guess you have no issue with that.

So they magically become Morman when that happens? You have to believe in that faith for it to effect you so move along now.......:rolleyes:

The Morman genealogy records which the Doc has pointed out have become the main resource show that. Thee is no legitimate reason to do this rewrite of history.

Did I miss the announcement to where you are now a Mod?

Fuck you I will post in any thread a want.

This thread should of been in Politics and Religion from the start