WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Powell 2018 begins! Off to a great start!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Is that a rockslide? Crazy picture.
Flash flood from above. Never anchor or beach under a rock overhang. If u see a lil water start to drip from above u, get the fuck out NOW. A flash flood miles away can cause this.

Letsride22

Reaction score
http://img.ksl.com/slc/2562/256273/25627363.jpg

This was at Crystal Springs Canyon. We put our Houseboat in this canyon regularly. This pic was taken all the way at the top or end of the canyon. As mentioned Powell can come down on you in more ways than one. It's fun but be smart, take the canyons and weather seriously.

seanroberts

Reaction score
View attachment 647212 View attachment 647213 View attachment 647214 I boated and camped on Powell for years with my 20’ Baja, your fine if you just keep an eye out for bad weather rolling in. When you do and you’re not on anchor (anchor up a Canyon with good wind protection for camping), just head up a canyon and wait for an hour, then back to business. Powell is awesome!
Well hopefully a bunch of us can meet up. Mswasey we almost have twin boats, is your a 24'? we have the 29'.
IMG_6011.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG

Enen

Reaction score
Let’s try and get some RDP members together this year other than the spring fun run and the fall poker run. I plan on being a minimum of twice a month.

I'll meet you in Powell anytime you want. My boating goals are all about Lake Powell.

mswasey

Reaction score
Well hopefully a bunch of us can meet up. Mswasey we almost have twin boats, is your a 24'? we have the 29'.

Nice 29 seanroberts! Ours is a 26, love it!!
We’ll be at Powell June 30 thru July 4th, then again the first weekend in August.

seanroberts

Reaction score
Nice 29 seanroberts! Ours is a 26, love it!!
We’ll be at Powell June 30 thru July 4th, then again the first weekend in August.
We launch the houseboat on the 28th of June and I'm not sure if if we're leaving the 6th or the 12th of July. I have to figure a few things out. We normally set up in Rock Creek. Our houseboat is the Midas Touch. We should try to get together. I had the 24' Lavey before loved it and really love the 29'.

mswasey

Reaction score
We launch the houseboat on the 28th of June and I'm not sure if if we're leaving the 6th or the 12th of July. I have to figure a few things out. We normally set up in Rock Creek. Our houseboat is the Midas Touch. We should try to get together. I had the 24' Lavey before loved it and really love the 29'.

That’d be cool. We launch at Bullfrog and normally camp in the Escalante. We always make a run to Dangling rope for fuel and ice, which isn’t too far from Rock Creek if I remember correctly.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
We need to schedule this Paul! Looks amazing!

seanroberts

Reaction score
That’d be cool. We launch at Bullfrog and normally camp in the Escalante. We always make a run to Dangling rope for fuel and ice, which isn’t too far from Rock Creek if I remember correctly.
We launch at Waweap and put the houseboat in Rock Creek but we run the Lavey up to Escalante for some day trips. It's easy to run in the Lavey, I'm usually cruising around 60 and top out around 87 at Powell. If I change my blower pulley I get into the 90's. we also have the roll bar boat and the wave runners. So it would be nice to meet up, I'm think a great photo opportunity with both boats together. I put the pic together.
44BCCD23-473D-4BB9-8549-B1E0A971CD1F.JPG

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We launch at Waweap and put the houseboat in Rock Creek but we run the Lavey up to Escalante for some day trips. It's easy to run in the Lavey, I'm usually cruising around 60 and top out around 87 at Powell. If I change my blower pulley I get into the 90's. we also have the roll bar boat and the wave runners. So it would be nice to meet up, I'm think a great photo opportunity with both boats together. I put the pic together. View attachment 647701
I recognize that plain old turd on the lift

mswasey

Reaction score
We launch at Waweap and put the houseboat in Rock Creek but we run the Lavey up to Escalante for some day trips. It's easy to run in the Lavey, I'm usually cruising around 60 and top out around 87 at Powell. If I change my blower pulley I get into the 90's. we also have the roll bar boat and the wave runners. So it would be nice to meet up, I'm think a great photo opportunity with both boats together. I put the pic together. View attachment 647701

Cool pic, and great speed numbers! I’m always loaded heavy at Powell for camping, and get about 65, 90 would really make the lake smaller for sure. We hang out at the Cathedral, I’ll watch for you there, or we’ll find you In Rock Creek.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
View attachment 647790 View attachment 647791
LMAO! I love your plane old turd! Your boat rocks. Then again you have the mud pirate, that boat beats them all, I still remember it was a great day!
The mud pirate is hilarious for too many reasons.... Thankfully we dumped out the Royal Gate and put Tito's in there so we would have a plastic bottle. Working on my wife to get dates nailed down when we might be able to go to Powell this summer. She leaves for Germany tomorrow morning for 10 days. BIG thanks to you & Bully for the invites, we will make it happen.

77charger

Reaction score
Hell yea! I ran both my 21 ft boats there for the past 25 years and one was somewhat low profile . We were out in rough shit too. Just be on your toes.

It's God's country.
Exactly been going since 87 and always been smaller boats you learn to read the weather quickly and prepare.One trip we sat out a good windstorm we went in dungeuss canyon found a nice beach that had protection from wind and chop.Sat it out for 3 hours but a good time.

jet496

Reaction score
Exactly been going since 87 and always been smaller boats you learn to read the weather quickly and prepare.One trip we sat out a good windstorm we went in dungeuss canyon found a nice beach that had protection from wind and chop.Sat it out for 3 hours but a good time.
LOL. It's all fun, even the crazy weather. Hid in one of the caves off Padre Bay once when a black wall of rain was coming at us. We had already scoped out a good hiding place, as is good practice, & otherwise never would have known it was there because a water fall was covering the opening. Another boat was in there & we drank with them for an hour or so while it blew over.

Love it all!

PS: That same cave was about 80 feet in the air last time we were there since the waster was so low. It was close to full pool during that storm though.

77charger

Reaction score
LOL. It's all fun, even the crazy weather. Hid in one of the caves off Padre Bay once when a black wall of rain was coming at us. We had already scoped out a good hiding place, as is good practice, & otherwise never would have known it was there because a water fall was covering the opening. Another boat was in there & we drank with them for an hour or so while it blew over.

Love it all!

PS: That same cave was about 80 feet in the air last time we were there since the waster was so low. It was close to full pool during that storm though.
I got pics of our old 19ft jet boat we ran to escalante in the early 90s. We packed it down found nice spots and slept overnight under the stars. That's why I get laughs when people say you need a 25 plus to enjoy Powell.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Will be out starting at Lake Powell next weekend for a week. Will be houseboat bound. I am just going to appreciate the peace and beauty of Lake Powell. Second time and me and the wife with friends are really looking forward to it.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for all the pics. I've never been. Trying to get out there with Barrett for the poker run in Sept. We'll see.
Let me know. I will fly into Vegas and u can pick me up , right on the 15.

I will be the guy with cooler in hand and my thong on backwards [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LASINC

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome pics. I'm yet to make a trip out to Powell. Its on my bucket list for sure.

Joker

Reaction score
Let me know. I will fly into Vegas and u can pick me up , right on the 15.

I will be the guy with cooler in hand and my thong on backwards [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dave,
You should have no problem finding a ride dressed like that. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk