WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead sux

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
hope to see you out there we should be at swallow all weekend. best beaches around now

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Launching at T-bar camping in or around Burro bay hopefully, see how the beaches look.........anyone been to Big Sandy lately?

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Launching at T-bar camping in or around Burro bay hopefully, see how the beaches look.........anyone been to Big Sandy lately?

I was there over father's day weekend... it SUX :D The launch ramp at T-Bar was under construction, and they had this make shift launch ramp of rock over mud, 1 maybe 2 boats at a time. It is supposed to be completed by now :rolleyes:

I'm headed up there Wednesday for the forth, but in a perfect world I'd already be there :beer

Have Fun!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Or so, no traffic, girlfriend's B-day, and I don't do traffic too well......Get there and it's sun up, ready to go...:cool:

Gotcha. Not like I have ever left at midnight. There is something about Desert Center at 2:00 am :D

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
I was there over father's day weekend... it SUX :D The launch ramp at T-Bar was under construction, and they had this make shift launch ramp of rock over mud, 1 maybe 2 boats at a time. It is supposed to be completed by now :rolleyes:

I'm headed up there Wednesday for the forth, but in a perfect world I'd already be there :beer

Have Fun!

I spoke to the store this morning, she said they are pouring crete still and " all sorts of boats have been launching". I'll take that w/ a grain...........In any case, stoked, I got robbed Memorial trip , and have not been out yet since Sept.......

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
robbed???what? how where when?? that sucks sorry to hear that

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
I went to Lake Mead for the first time about a month ago, we stayed at Temple Bar. Felt like I was a long way from the Parker Strip.

Did you know that Lake Mead doesn't have a current? Crazy. And the water was glassy all damn day.:eek: Never seen anything like it.

BigDog

Reaction score
WHats the ramp like @ Calville? Was there 2 years ago and they were adding these plastic looking plates to extend it. Needless to say they were not going in even and made it interesting at best to launch and retrieve the boat.

hawkes24

this ***** sux
Reaction score
oooooh:smackhead well its supposed to be a bitchen weekend and great weather this weekend :beer

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I went to Lake Mead for the first time about a month ago, we stayed at Temple Bar. Felt like I was a long way from the Parker Strip.

Did you know that Lake Mead doesn't have a current? Crazy. And the water was glassy all damn day.:eek: Never seen anything like it.

I was up there about the same time, what kind of boat do you have? Definitely a big change from Parker, If I won the Lottery I'd look into buying a really big barge and building a floating bar.

As a kid the wind came up from time to time, but for the most part is was nice all day. Over the past 15+/- years the lake seems to blow out by 12-1. So the water being glass all day, I've learned to take advantage of it. And as much as I like to float in the water and drink beer, when the water if that flat I'd rather be skiing.

Do NOT eat the chili fries.

And unless you enjoy poems about Big Black Dick, do NOT read the writing on the bathroom walls.

Let me guess something about tapping your foot :hmm

Of course "Here I Sit" is always a classic read :skull

VegasCharger

Reaction score
WHats the ramp like @ Calville? Was there 2 years ago and they were adding these plastic looking plates to extend it. Needless to say they were not going in even and made it interesting at best to launch and retrieve the boat.

Ramp at Calville is no Bueno..
Could be three lanes but they are only launching 2 at a time.
Saturday took us an hour and a half to launch. And an hour to pull out.
It sucked.. :swear

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
DeltaSig- I was at Mead with my girlfriend's family, they've got a Cobra. I'm currently boatless.

The water sure was nice. Skiing paradise. At least it was the week I was there. :)

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
DeltaSig- I was at Mead with my girlfriend's family, they've got a Cobra. I'm currently boatless.

The water sure was nice. Skiing paradise. At least it was the week I was there. :)

260/270 Razor white w/ blue graphics?