WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Lice Purchase Question

probablecause

Reaction score
Kind of a broad question but looking to purchase a lake lice runner. Two seater or 3, don't care about the year. Are the some years and mfg's to avoid? Two strokes = yes. Just want something that is easy to work on if needed.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Seadoo supercharged from 05-07 need washer upgraded on supercharger. Market is currently on fire. Dealers sold out until January. My River neighbor said they just sold there ski for more than they paid for it 14 years ago. I would sell my 2016 supercharged Yamaha for $13,500 with 38 hours. On the water now in flawless condition. 20k new

Reactions: DWC

Taboma

Reaction score
Kind of a broad question but looking to purchase a lake lice runner. Two seater or 3, don't care about the year. Are the some years and mfg's to avoid? Two strokes = yes. Just want something that is easy to work on if needed.

I have no idea how old you're talking, but you did mention two stroke -- so here's a couple of cents worth.

One thing to keep in mind, depending on where you're going to use it is carb vs fuel injection. You're not supposed to run carb two strokes on Mead, Mohave or Powell, but as far as I know, they do allow fuel injected ones.
Wife's still got her 1999 Yamaha XLT1200 (Carb w/ catalytic) and I'm still running my 2002 Kawasaki 1200 STXR again, w/ carb but no other emissions (Not legally sold in CA that year), but we're legally restricted to Havasu and the river. However both these engines have had some Group K (Harry Klemm Ft. Mohave ) magic performed when new and have suffered zero problems to this day.

Hell even the older Yamaha 95 1200's seem to be solid as I see them running around Havasu to this day.

The only late 90's ski I had horrific luck with was a Sea Doo GSX Ltd. with that God forsaken 971 CC engine.

We still have our two strokes because I don't want to deal with the weight and maintenance of the modern four strokes --- eventually we'll probably cave, simply because with the weight comes comfort and my ass is starting to make a lot more life decisions. 😁

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
I have to say that the title of the thread is priceless....still laughing. I can only speak for Yamaha since we own a 2019 FX SVHO Cruiser and a 2019 GP 1800R SVHIO. The FX is bone stock and my GP is completely not stock and a 90+ mph ski currently. Both have been flawless as far as quality, the only mechanical issues have been for my modding adventure with the GP. I'd recommend checking out Greenhulk.net which is a pretty big online pwc fourm that you can check out what various owners say about different year pwc's and makes. When I was doing reasearch that fourm answered a lot of questions when I was looking. The newer pwc's don't require a lot of maintance. Change Oil each season and maybe plugs and air filter and that's it. I knew nothing about the 1.8ltr supercharged Yamaha motor when we bought them except for the rave reviews online.....and now I can probably build one in my sleep. The motor I have found to be a very easy platform to work on and learn. Good luck with your search and hope you find something you like...and welcome to second class citizenry on the lake 🤣

Seadoo supercharged from 05-07 need washer upgraded on supercharger. Market is currently on fire. Dealers sold out until January. My River neighbor said they just sold there ski for more than they paid for it 14 years ago. I would sell my 2016 supercharged Yamaha for $13,500 with 38 hours. On the water now in flawless condition. 20k new
That's a killer price for that ski right now...and would be my recommendation if he wanted a used ski. LoL plus I know How easy it is to unlock the hidden HP in the 1.8.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was wrong on the hours. Just hit 30 hours today.

My river neighbor has 2 nice 4 stroke kawasaki with trailer. Around 90 hours on both. Said he would sell for $8500 for the pair with nice trailer. Both just serviced and recalls done at Parker yamaha.

boatpi

Reaction score
We went many years without a real LL being stolen reguarly, now the thefts have really increased and NO recoveries. The numbers are easy to switch, be careful and NEVER purchase on just a bill of sale.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
I was wrong on the hours. Just hit 30 hours today.

My river neighbor has 2 nice 4 stroke kawasaki with trailer. Around 90 hours on both. Said he would sell for $8500 for the pair with nice trailer. Both just serviced and recalls done at Parker yamaha.

That's a deal. I would jump on it.