WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor Day Plans

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Who’s doing what? We usually have a pool party, but decided against it this year. We are doing a little beach day drinking Saturday. Nothing else in the works. Might just take the time to relax and hold the couch down 🤷🏻‍♂️ Grandkids will be with their mom for the weekend so who knows what’s in stored.
What ever your plans please be safe and enjoy.
Cheers 🍻 to you all.

Singleton

Reaction score
Saturday - daughters has a fall ball volleyball tournament

Sunday - no f’n idea (kind of like that)

Monday - BBQ at friends

Need to work on the trailer for the desert toys, but still TBD if I do that. Motivation went to zero with my RZR being down (clutch bolt broke inside engine). Options on fixes are short and get expensive quickly

Javajoe

Reaction score
Hand surgery tomorrow, work Thursday Friday then maybe a whole ladda nada. No plans as of yet

samsah33

Reaction score
Will head to LHC outside of peak travel times (Sat morn / Sun eve) to work on the house, had some plumbing issues a couple weeks back that I'll be dealing with for a while... Wife & kids will head in the opposite direction to the coast for daughter's tennis tourney. Planning for some quality couch time on Monday...! Yee Haw, good times!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Waiting on response from Dana Point Marina on a slip. Probably not happening but you gotta try.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I'll be at the station tomorrow and Thursday then head home Friday morning.

I'll probably take my son down to the channel for a morning ride like we do on weekdays then hide out at home till the craziness dies down then take the boat out Tuesday

Attachments

• 20240820_072100.jpg
    20240820_072100.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240820_072530.jpg
    20240820_072530.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Flying to Tuscon Sat morning to buy a 28 year old truck and attempting to drive it 1300 miles home to Montana on the word of a total stranger. Since I like to share my adventure with my ride or die, she decided she was coming with me as opposed to wondering if I would be stranded in the desert somewhere.

What could go wrong?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Flying to Tuscon Sat morning to buy a 28 year old truck and attempting to drive it 1300 miles home to Montana on the word of a total stranger. Since I like to share my adventure with my ride or die, she decided she was coming with me as opposed to wondering if I would be stranded in the desert somewhere.

What could go wrong?

We need more details. I love adventures like this lol

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Going camping on the North Coast. No power, a few spigots scattered around, not even a dump station in the campground. No cell reception.....

About an hour north of bodega bay.

Do it every year with a Scuba diving club. Its a little less entertaining with the ban on Abalone. Still good times, good food and good drinks.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Will be in Havasu hoping to find some fun during the weekend somewhere. Might try to get out on the water before the craziness. Hoping to see a few friends before I return to Hawaii for some time. 👍

4Waters

Reaction score
Going to the lake on Saturday, hopefully. Truck is still in the body shop

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Wouldn’t go on the lake this weekend if you paid me (Arrowhead or Havasu). We will wait until after and have some nice quiet weekends Sept/Oct with nice weather.

Gonna stock up at the market on Thursday and then spend the weekend on house projects and BBQing.

Rennsport

Reaction score
Heading to LHC tomorrow return back Saturday. Trying to rent a boat for Thursday for half day. Trying to avoid the craziness.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Who’s doing what? We usually have a pool party, but decided against it this year. We are doing a little beach day drinking Saturday. Nothing else in the works. Might just take the time to relax and hold the couch down 🤷🏻‍♂️ Grandkids will be with their mom for the weekend so who knows what’s in stored.
What ever your plans please be safe and enjoy.
Cheers 🍻 to you all.
Figures the 1st time we are not going to the lake on Labor Day and you're not having a party . My summer luck just keeps going .. Still love ya though

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Wouldn’t go on the lake this weekend if you paid me (Arrowhead or Havasu). We will wait until after and have some nice quiet weekends Sept/Oct with nice weather.
^^^This. I usually go the Tuesday after Labor Day but the temps are looking a little too hot. I'll wait another week or two.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I will tow the boat the 0.3 miles to the Marina or the 0.2 miles to Site 6 and go boating on Wednesday, Thursday, and Tuesday.
Friday - Monday I will hide except for a trip or two the the Island Dog park to let the dogs play and check out the boats and other views in the channel.

wzuber

Reaction score

What could go wrong?
Will you have any tools to accompany you at all? Even for minor stuff? If not, you got a heck of a lot of faith in your fellow human....haha
Either way, I hope it goes flawlessly for you both.

wzuber

Reaction score
Boating Friday-Sunday.
Please be sure to roll lots of video of your passengers walking about your boat blocking your view as you motor thru the channel........
That would be great, thx. Lol

wet hull

Reaction score
Headed to Havasu, boating Fri-Sun. Adult trip so should be a good time.

dezrtracer

Reaction score

What could go wrong?
Have a safe and trouble free trip . Will be fun to follow your trip on here .

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Headed to Shasta tomorrow afternoon. Lake is always dead this time of year and it’s as high as it will ever be for this time of year. AB&B right up from Jones Valley, 3 couples, 1 boat and it’s not mine! 🤣. I’m going to live it up!

C_J_J_C

Reaction score

What could go wrong?
This needs to be its own thread with photos. Sounds like and awsome adventure.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Please be sure to roll lots of video of your passengers walking about your boat blocking your view as you motor thru the channel........
That would be great, thx. Lol
😂. My wife sits and watches the show. And my 2 minions are no more than 36” tall so no view to be blocked.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Completely forgot about labor day. Dealing with mom's problems I forgot.

Will probably see if Freedom boat club has any botes available 1 or 2 days.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I will tow the boat the 0.3 miles to the Marina or the 0.2 miles to Site 6 and go boating on Wednesday, Thursday, and Tuesday.
Friday - Monday I will hide except for a trip or two the the Island Dog park to let the dogs play and check out the boats and other views in the channel.
If you see this pup at the dog park.…say hi to the owner. That is our son. 😁

IMG_1369.jpeg