WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor Day on Mead

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The roughest i have ever seen the lake get on Sunday :eek: we were out there in 6 foot swell... i'll post some pics when i get back from dinner. as usual friday and today were awesome, saturday and sunday was crappy weather.

OnlyMoney

Reaction score
I bet I know a few people that were glad they didn't even attempt it. ;)

Glad you were alright, can't wait to show Chris the pics.

VegasCharger

Reaction score
Went out Today !!
Awesome Weather..
Glad i stayed home yesterday from the sounds of things..
Been out when it was rough like that before definetly no fun !!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
:eek:

Attachments

• P8310771 (Large).jpg
    P8310771 (Large).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 770
  • P8310788 (Large).jpg
    P8310788 (Large).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 752
  • upload1.jpg
    upload1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 755
  • upload2.jpg
    upload2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 748

HBCraig

Reaction score
Racey,
my Mom and Dad have pictures of my brother and I body surfing on waves like that in the Overton Arm. Unless you have been out there, you cant explain how rough it can get within minutes.

C-2

Reaction score
What size Hallett was that, a 24?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
I have been to Mead once and it never got like that, always heard people tho talk about how rough it gets. Thanks for those pics, now I know.:thumbsup

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek:
No thanks..........I'd be the biggest chicken in that kinda slop :D I don't have a baller boat:eek:

78Hondo Cruiser

Reaction score
We used to have a houseboat out of Echo Bay and I can remember getting caught once or twice coming back from temple bar in water like that. Great time on the jet skis though. Miss that houseboat!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Looks like Lake Pacific out there.

The rollers are very close together and that makes things very hard on a boat and driver.

That is big lake water. Holy shit.

I have been in the basin on Majovie and thought that was it for me during a clear windstorm day. Rollers must have been 4-5'.

That looks bigger.

OnlyMoney

Reaction score
Looks like the day we got stuck out there in the Sunseeker. 44' boat and everything in the galley/cabin area that was on the counters ended up on the floor...abruptly. We had to save some a mom with her kids in a little 20' boat that was headed for the rocks. All the bigger, faster boats just ignored them. An ugly day. Taking water OVER the satellite tower which is about 14' off the water. I was scared for sure!

Once we were ALMOST out of the narrows we saw water devils..........that'll make the hair on your neck stand up.

Out of the narrows and headed towards home it was actually quite calm compared to the Midpoint side.

Looks like the opposite area was like that this weekend. Kinda glad we don't have a boat out there some days.

Thanks for the pics!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looks like fun. Last time I took my boat out in the ocean it was like that. A little nerve racking to say the least. :eek::D
________
Bubbler Pipe

Last edited:

LhcBrad

Reaction score
Great pics, it reminds me of my sailing days on the ocean. It is fun if you are equipped for it and the boat is made for that. Or it can be one of the worst rides ever. For me it was fun.

Phins Place

Reaction score
Looks like the day we got stuck out there in the Sunseeker. 44' boat and everything in the galley/cabin area that was on the counters ended up on the floor...abruptly. We had to save some a mom with her kids in a little 20' boat that was headed for the rocks. All the bigger, faster boats just ignored them. An ugly day. Taking water OVER the satellite tower which is about 14' off the water. I was scared for sure!

Once we were ALMOST out of the narrows we saw water devils..........that'll make the hair on your neck stand up.

Out of the narrows and headed towards home it was actually quite calm compared to the Midpoint side.

Looks like the opposite area was like that this weekend. Kinda glad we don't have a boat out there some days.

Thanks for the pics!

Water devils...????

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I've definitely been in worse, but by the look so those swells, they seem to be within my comfort zone.

Glad now I didn't go :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing the pics Racey :beer

PrimeCut

Reaction score
We got a houseboat out of Temple Bar on Friday morning, glass all day, it was a great day. We camped in Mushroom cove were the sandy beach came up when the lake went down. Saturday started like this,
DSC01152.jpg

Then we saw a storm rolling in and tied everything down good about 1:30, when it hit within 1 minute there were 4 foot rollers in the small ass cove I was in and bent 4 of my 12 1" rebar in a u shape and the houseboat came loose, all the guys got out in time to save the small boats and I ended up not being able to save the houseboat, the wind and now 4 to 5' rollers took me straight into the beach 100yrds on the other side of the cove. I had heard that there were 5 footers in Temple Bar going over the gas docks! I couldn't get the houseboat unstuck with my boats, Temple people had to help me, they told me they had about 12 calls on other houseboats too. Sunday was windy too, but not near as bad as the wind storm on Saturday. Yesterday was good too. My buddy in the Tige in the picture got caught out in the wind when he just went out for a boat ride, within 15 minutes he had his nose all the way in the air and waves were still coming over the bow just trying to get back to the cove!
Funny part of the whole houseboat towing deal was that the houseboat rental people told me to drop my engines, in ankle deep water!, and gas it to help get the boat unstuck, I said as long as they are buying the props I will and this happened,
DSC01254.jpg

too funny, they ended up needing a twin engine diesel jet boat to get me off, it was the first time I have needed to get pulled off in 25 years! but it happens to the best of us

D

Deleted Account

We did one a while ago, and a huge chunk of rock (300 ton like) fell off and created a friggin tidal wave. We were chasing boats, skis plus the houseboat for about 2 hours trying to put it back togather again.

I killed the windshield on a Schiada (shouldn't have been there anyway) running through that stuff.

That is one huge lake.:cool:

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
I was out there on sunday. we stopped at long beach and after getting pounded for 5 min we decided to go around the corner towards overton and it wasnt bad there untill we headed back. I was in a 38 cigarette and everyone in the boat was soaked! Ruff as I have ever seen it.

Ara

Reaction score
We were out Saturday and Sunday as well. We were hanging out in the narrows when the wind came up on Saturday. I was in the water and within seconds, my boat was headed for the walls. Luckily we were able to keep it from hitting. Sunday was even worse. Huge swells and at times I thought the wind was going to pick up the boat and take it away.

.boatpoor

Reaction score
I`d say Arrowhead can be a close secound to that. Ha Ha

SKIA36

Reaction score
I`d say Arrowhead can be a close secound to that. Ha Ha

Not even close. Arrowhead was really nice all weekend. Thur/Fri/Mon pm/Tues-glass all day. Sat/Sun, a little wind, lots of boat chop. The SR 22 loves boat chop.