WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

L.A. Man Claims KFC Served Him Fried Rat; Fast Food Chain Responds

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://ktla.com/2015/06/17/l-a-man-claims-kfc-served-him-fried-rat-fast-food-chain-responds/

A Los Angeles man says it wasn't what he expected to find in his fried chicken dinner at a KFC restaurant in Willowbrook -- a plate of crispy, breaded fried rat.

Devorise Dixon posted a photo of what he claims is a fried rat on Facebook on Friday, and it has since gone viral.

The photo shows a large breaded piece attached to a longer string of fried breading, which could be interpreted to be a rat?s tail.

Dixon wrote that the restaurant manager told him it was a rat and apologized. But KFC says Dixon?s claim is a hoax

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
They can blame this guy. :D:p;)

bilge.png

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Easy one for the company to debunk...one bite is all it'll take

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
A rat tail would shrivel up and be gone if dropped in a vat of boiling grease.
Like a lot of people these days, he probably heard what he wanted to hear and not what was actually said by the manager.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
A coworker went to El Pollo Loco for a burrito. He was watching the cooks and the cook dropped the tortilla on the floor promptly picked it up and continued making the burrito. He mentioned something to the cashier and she just looked at him like a deer in headlights. He asked for the manager and he was given his money back. he said the worker never even looked around to see if anyone saw him drop the tortilla and pick it up. Almost like its a regular occurrence.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
A coworker went to El Pollo Loco for a burrito. He was watching the cooks and the cook dropped the tortilla on the floor promptly picked it up and continued making the burrito. He mentioned something to the cashier and she just looked at him like a deer in headlights. He asked for the manager and he was given his money back. he said the worker never even looked around to see if anyone saw him drop the tortilla and pick it up. Almost like its a regular occurrence.

Obviously, your co-worker isn't familiar with the 5 second rule.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
It's finger licken good :D :thumbup: and of course that comes with the fries and gravy pack :yikes
TEASER-KFC-fried-rat.jpg

rivergames

Reaction score
I've eater worse in mexico and it was living :cool

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The deep fried rat is a rehash of an old hoax someone tried many, many years ago, but certainly it will get lots of attention due to the internet.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

That's tame compared to what we did with peoples (mostly cops) food at Sizzler. We'd drop it on the floor, step on it and then add our own personal secret sauce;) to it.:yikes

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;JeBt8_MMpU8]https://youtu.be/JeBt8_MMpU8[/video]

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Kinda hard to believe the rat would get battered and friend. I guess I could see it falling in the vat of oil, but not breaded first.

Second, it looks like a piece of chicken that is shaped like a rat, maybe enhanced with photo shop, and the tail was added later. LOL :D

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
That's tame compared to what we did with peoples (mostly cops) food at Sizzler. We'd drop it on the floor, step on it and then add our own personal secret sauce;) to it.:yikes

That's the act of a coward. If you have a problem with another, face up to it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Whatever....I'm sure you guys never did stupid shit when you were 15 either.:rolleyes
Big difference between stupid shit and fucked up shit

...... just sayin

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Whatever....I'm sure you guys never did stupid shit when you were 15 either.:rolleyes

I did stupid shit back then but even at 15 I knew what went over the line.

Some of the guys I knew as a kid didn't and they turned out to be fine adults but damn, they probably don't share their past like that.:eek

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Big difference between stupid shit and fucked up shit

...... just sayin
I agree, Grads, we all have done dopey stuff when we are young BUT there is a enormous difference between what TBI has said in stupid shit and what you said you have done in seriously fucked up shit.:yikes

Mate, l'am sure you are probably a good bloke now, but some things you do stretches the bounds of decency.:thumbsdown
PS, when l get to Havasu don't invite me over for a BBQ champ, unless l do the cooking :D

GRADS

Reaction score

"Waiting" pretty much nailed what my experience was like working in a restaurant like that. Seriously think twice about sending your food back to the kitchen. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

78Southwind

Reaction score
I always wondered what the center breast was made from.

Backlash

Reaction score
Nice.

Grads is......well, I guess he is just Grads.

I've never personally met him but I've always tried to see the positive side of people. Grads included.

During the last volley of arguments regarding whether or not to perma-ban him or let him back in, I stayed quiet. Why? Because I don't know him or the reasons for him being banned in the first place. With that being said, it's troubling and frustrating to hear that a member on these boards would do those types of things to another person....especially a person who should have been respected and looked up to.

Maybe you were a child or maybe you had other reasons for trampling on a police officer's food or adding your own special secret sauce. Only you know the reason that you did what you claim you did.

Either way, it's disgusting, rude, inappropriate, mean-spirited and socially unacceptable. Do I dislike Grads now because of what he posted? Probably not. But it saddens me to think that there are people in this world who have such little respect for another human being.

Hopping down off my soapbox now.

Henry

GRADS

Reaction score
I should probably be banned for hocking a loogy on a cops ribeye 30 years ago.:rolleyes

GRADS

Reaction score
And by the way, I'm not proud of what I did. I regret A LOT from my youth....although this probably doesn't even make the top 50

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
And by the way, I'm not proud of what I did....I regret A LOT from my youth....although this probably doesn't even make the top 50.

Don't sweat these judgmental chest pounders grads!!
Let's hear that list!!

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I should probably be banned for hocking a loogy on a cops ribeye 30 years ago.:rolleyes

Absolutely not, unless some part of you still thinks it is in any way funny.
The only people on here who don't have something in their past that they regret are the liars.

Your posting though kind of hinted that you still thought your behavior was OK simply because you were young.
I certainly don't believe you would behave that way now.

DrHW

Reaction score
Many years ago a couple pulled the same thing with Claim Jumpers saying they found a finger in their food, lawsuit, etc. Analysis of the finger determined that the finger has been preserved for many years. It was a plant to extort a settlement and case was thrown out and the DA was very close to filing charges against the couple.

Regarding the confession, we all have done things that we are not proud of but some of the things mentioned are beyond what normal people would do to another person or their food. There is a right way and a wrong way and that never changes.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

I would never have considered doing anything like this. Must have been the way I was raised.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Heard about that kind of stuff from lots of guys.

When I served penance as a steak house cook (similar to sizzler but private) in Peoria Il.- we never fucked with peoples food.

Ever.

I may come out of the kitchen like Gordon Ramsey hollering at a diner- and we may bitch about someone - but we never crossed that line.

We got in plenty of trouble doing other shit....

UD

PVHCA

Reaction score
Years ago at a restaurant in Pomona we use to frequent when I worked in the Med Lab Business I was walking to the bathroom and walked right by the kitchens food prep area, I watched some low life P.O.S. pick his nose and put it into a sandwich, I freaked the fuck out. I grabbed him by his shirt collar and marched him to the manager/owner, and yes I had the plate with the sandwich as well, told the owner what I saw, he inspected it and found said booger. Told his SON to never step foot in the restaurant again, I never went back either.

Grads, no matter what age I was I never did shit like that, was raised better than that, the fact you could allow another human to go through that is disturbing to me. I've worked in restaurants and made sure all of us workers respected cleanliness and made sure no customer would even suspect us of doing gross shit to their food.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Grads, a word of advice......Never get on stage at open mike night at a comedy club if you even suspect there are RDPers in the crowd. The avalanche of rotten fruit coming your way may wipe yer ass out.:yikes:skull

What a tough room.......:lmao

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Who remembers Wimpy's on PCH in Huntington Beach?

Glad I had friends I trusted working there.:cool