WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Karma for Nike's promotion of Colon Krapernick (ha ha)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
2udyyq.jpg

and yes, I misspelled Colon Krapernick's name on purpose

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
When they did the Kap add, I swore I'd never buy a pair of Nikes again (Hurley and Converse are also owned by Nike, so they're included).

I mentioned this to my wife, but she forgot about it and bought me a pair of Foot Joys and a pair of Nike golf shoes for Valentines Day. I kept the FJs, and the Nikes went back to Roger Dunn where I grabbed a new to me 3 wood.

I feel that they make good shoes, and the Zion W. thing was a fluke, but I don't appreciate the fact that they made someone with such radical America hating views (Kap) the star of their marketing campaign. Btw, Nike, in their quest to be "woke," is still riding Kap:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nikes-colin-kaepernick-jersey-sells-hours-152118652.html

Of course Yahoo doesn't mention how many of the jerseys they sold out of (500 or 1,000,000).

FUCK 'EM. Yahoo and Nike...

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It's just a blip in the stock. Kaepernicks ad raised it more than this shoe hurt it. $1 Billion in a $133 Billion stock.:rolleyes:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Strictly Vans and Asics after that debacle

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I only buy Nikes.
They fit me the best and they all are asshole slave drivers so fuck it.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Never purchasing again

I hate Nike shoes because they are shit.

i bought a pair of Nike's back in 1992. Had them a few months and the sole fell off. The glue they used didn't seem to work very well. Swore I would never buy another pair, and didn't. Fast forward 26 years and several dozen pairs of Adidas, New Balance, I am looking for a new pair of sneakers and I figured that in that time, maybe Nike improved their quality. So, against my better judgement I decide to purchase another pair. Had this pair a few months, and lo and behold what happened.....the goddamned sole fell off this pair. Like Deja Vu, all over again.

I will NEVER buy another pair of Nike shoes EVER again. This incident is but confirmation that is the correct position.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Myself and everyone in my family stopped buying Nike products the day that Kaperdick commercial hit the air. Apparently Nike didn’t realize that their largest customer was middle class Americans who love their country. Screw You Nike!!!

Yellowboat

Reaction score
It stopped me from buying anything from them again. I have bunch of Nike gear, but I will not buy any more.

nowski

Reaction score
After watching that video it's hard for me to believe that sneeker fell apart as easy as it did. It all seems a little fishy but with an 8 million dollar insurance policy in place it seems big fishy to me...

jpf091959

Reaction score
Look around there a lot of good shoes out there. Buy a shoe that fits your purpose.

When Nike used Kap, as there poster child, I said no more. I wasn't quite true to myself, occasionally I find a shirt on clearance and buy, but I have moved over to Puma. I hate that Puma is German, but my beliefs do not currently align with Nike.

cpdad93

Reaction score
Take a knee or blow out a knee, either way your not playing.....TTSTK

playdeep

Reaction score
Nike is the McDonald's of athletic gear...anyway.

Their products are garbage.

Tank

Reaction score
I was never a Nike fan boy but decided not to buy Nike or any of their products again after kapernick BS. that guy’s a piece of shit no mater how you sell it. I personally chose not to support a company that backs someone like that and feel it’s pretty funny how it’s such a blatant and transparent money grab by a company that could give two shits about human rights or someone’s cause if nothing else based on their prior actions.

My lack of purchasing won’t make one bit of a difference in a 133 billion market but it matters to me and my integrity.

Nike really does make shit shoes too. They’re all flash no function. Ask any true runner, they don’t wear nikes. And There’s just too many good shoe companies to pick from - vans and sketchers for lounging, doc Martins for casual going out, for running and cross fit- Addidas, assics, Brooke’s, new balance and 90% of the time it’s flip flops anyway.

Fuck Nike. Fuck the NFL.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score