WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Judas Priest

Your ad here

Reaction score
For us Priest fans, 50 years ago today Judas Priest released their debut album titled Rocka Rolla. Getting past the terrible marketing of trying to copy a soda company it is a very good album along with the following 2 albums. If you know Priest by their later albums listen to a few songs off Rocka Rolla today. It's a different tune but still just as good.
Screenshot_20240906-065117_Gallery.jpg

poncho

Reaction score
For us Priest fans, 50 years ago today Judas Priest released their debut album titled Rocka Rolla. Getting past the terrible marketing of trying to copy a soda company it is a very good album along with the following 2 albums. If you know Priest by their later albums listen to a few songs off Rocka Rolla today. It's a different tune but still just as good.
View attachment 1426085
First stadium concert I ever went to, won tickets off a radio station. Whole place started rumbling and out rolled a full dress Harley all white.

Bajastu

Reaction score
I've seen them three times and every show is awesome.

C-2

Reaction score
Hard to believe they've been at it for 50-years! Personally, I don't think they found their groove until British Steel...maybe at Hell Bent for Leather - but I could be wrong so I better do more research! :D

Seen them a few times over the years, including the US Festival in 83 at the height of their popularity. I played Screaming for Vengeance many hundreds of times and need to find a new piece of vinyl!

DanG

Reaction score
Screaming for Vengeance was one of my first albums at 10 years old my brother gave me for my birthday. Loved that album but became a big fan of Priest after hearing victim of changes, diamonds and rust, and ripper. Rock on!

Your ad here

Reaction score
Hard to believe they've been at it for 50-years! Personally, I don't think they found their groove until British Steel...maybe at Hell Bent for Leather - but I could be wrong so I better do more research! :D

Seen them a few times over the years, including the US Festival in 83 at the height of their popularity. I played Screaming for Vengeance many hundreds of times and need to find a new piece of vinyl!
They've been going 55 years.

Reactions: C-2

adam909

Reaction score
Huge priest fan here. Read some where on rock news that they where remastering that album and was going to release it in the near future

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
If people can sue Judas Priest because their kid killed himself after listening to their music, could I sue Dan Fogelberg for making me a wuss in the '70s?

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I left the Priest train way back in the 80's when they went commercial but I'm not sure any rock vocalist besides Freddy had Rob Halford's range. Not sure anyone besides RJDio had his sheer vocal punch.
Graduated Class of 79 so yeah I've seen them a few times, but details are fuzzy.
Diamonds & Rust is a masterpiece.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Huge priest fan here. Read some where on rock news that they where remastering that album and was going to release it in the near future
I wish I could find a live version of Last Rose of Summer with Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing on guitars.

C-2

Reaction score
I left the Priest train way back in the 80's when they went commercial but I'm not sure any rock vocalist besides Freddy had Rob Halford's range. Not sure anyone besides RJDio had his sheer vocal punch.
Lol, sounds like a frequent debate while in the HS chemistry class! Dio was pretty bad ass too, and by all written accounts, a helluva nice, polite guy.

I love the 80's hard rock sound. There were some many awesome genre's that we took for granted. Hard rock, pop, and New Wave - all of them were on the top of the world in the 80's. Even the less popular genre's like punk, freestyle, and ska were cranking out music styles never heard before. It was musical nirvana. Rolling Stone mag said 84' was the best year for music, ever.

All the original hard rock and punk records still sell for decent money.

In fact, Imma about to start spinning some vinyl now....