WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jet Rebuild

River Runner

Reaction score
I have never done it before, but I want to try to rebuild it.

It is a berkley Jet

1. How hard is it going to be for me to remove for the boat itself? Is there anything need to be aware of and are there any tricks to make this removal easier?

2. Are there any uncommon tools that I will need for the removal or the rebuild? I have pretty much everytool you could want to wrench on a car or motor, but the jet is not famaliar ground for me.

3. Lastly i have access to a machine shop and some pretty talented machinest. I was speaking with a guy who used to race jet boats and he was trying to explain to me how easy to blue print a jet. Does anyone suggest me doing it myself or should i use a shop? Secondly are there any specs or drawings on how to blueprint a jet?

Thanks for all the help.

Joe

digger

Reaction score
Not to many things that are simpler than a jet pump. I am sure you can get all the specs you need on the Internet, just do a search on Berkley. Also ask this question in the jet section. You will get lots of help.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Doing my rebuild was super easy. I towed my boat to Tom Papp (years ago) and dropped it off. I even paid one of the guys to drop it off at my place on his way to the river when it was done. Piece of cake. :D

Like said above, post this in the jet section..............tons of info in there. I'm gonna do my next one myself too. I have a friend local that has the jet tools. Good luck:thumbsup

cave

Reaction score
How much HP are you putting out? what impeller are you running? stainless? bronze? aluminum? detailing a pump can be simple or tragic. the shapes you make can make or ruin your pump. yes you can do it your self. but any pro out there just can't tell you how to flow the pump. that came from experience and actually working on your bowl and pumps setup. good luck try not to take too much material out. the castings could give. on the water, that could be a bad thing.

cave

Reaction score
didn't mean to sound negative. a rebuild is easy if you have adjusted the end play on a motor your good to go. the bowl bearings need a special tool to remove but you can machine one to fit and pound out. if the impellar is froze onto the shaft you'll need a puller. sometime heat can help. after you remove the pump check your end play just to see where you at. the tighter the better. but if you run in sandy conditions your tolerance will be toast sooner. call tom 1st of jetboat performance. he is awesome for questions and parts too

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
www.jetboatperformance.com Talk to Tom,this guy is awesome! The Co. is ran by Him,his wife Rhonda and their son Josh! Great crew and Very helpful. When I did mine Tom helped me step by step!:D Very Cool Peeps!:champagne: :D :thumbsup Also when the "Boss" see's this thread he will probably move it to the Jet Boat Section.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
www.jetboatperformance.com Talk to Tom,this guy is awesome! The Co. is ran by Him,his wife Rhonda and their son Josh! Great crew and Very helpful. When I did mine Tom helped me step by step!:D Very Cool Peeps!:champagne: :D :thumbsup Also when the "Boss" see's this thread he will probably move it to the Jet Boat Section.....

I've already seen it.. and I've been debating. I think to get the right answers though it probably oughta be in there.

The guy is a newer member though, and I didn't want him thinking that I moved it to be a dick or something.

Incidentally if my life went some weird direction and I ended up getting a jetboat. I'd call Tom at JBP for any parts I needed and advise. I'd also deal with Jack @ MPD, and I'd have DNE build the motor for it hands down.

Just my .02.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Forgot about that, I think I copied his post and put it in there.

RD

Reaction score
I've already seen it.. and I've been debating. I think to get the right answers though it probably oughta be in there.

The guy is a newer member though, and I didn't want him thinking that I moved it to be a dick or something.

Incidentally if my life went some weird direction and I ended up getting a jetboat. I'd call Tom at JBP for any parts I needed and advise. I'd also deal with Jack @ MPD, and I'd have DNE build the motor for it hands down.

Just my .02.

RD
You know you should get one. They arent all that bad:D

I have spent many hours talking to tom. Hands down one of the nicest guys out there. And the parts you order are there in days. If your real lucky he throws in key chains and stickers:D ( had to tom):thumbsup:thumbsup

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
[B]www.jetboatperformance.com Talk to Tom,this guy is awesome! [/B]The Co. is ran by Him,his wife Rhonda and their son Josh! Great crew and Very helpful. When I did mine Tom helped me step by step!:D Very Cool Peeps!:champagne: :D :thumbsup Also when the "Boss" see's this thread he will probably move it to the Jet Boat Section.....

X2...

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Forgot about that, I think I copied his post and put it in there.

RD

In that case I'll go "over there to check it" Out Thanks everyone for the kind words Here Josh Rhonda and I appreciate it I really needed it I've been Batchin' it for a week with the wife in socal helping with the new Grand baby and I'm whiney , needy , cranky I AM a sooo wanting my woman back :D
Baby and Grammy :
Ellie-0101.jpg

River Runner

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and help guys, I have an aluminum impeller.RD I wont think your a dick if you move my post, go ahead at any time and just let me know what you do.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and help guys, I have an aluminum impeller.RD I wont think your a dick if you move my post, go ahead at any time and just let me know what you do.

I copied it (made a duplicate of it by you) and put it in the jet section.. A link to it was posted earlier in this thread... Or go into the jet section and you'll see it.

RD