WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

JET INSTALLATION HELP PLEASE!!!!

River Runner

Reaction score
I rebuilt my jet and now I am trying to reinstall it. I have been messing with this f'n thing for about an 2 hours now and it looks perfectly lined up but it is caught on the bell housing it wont slip past!:grumble: I have about 1/2" to get the rest in, but it just wont go!! If anyone has any advice to get this think in I would greatly appreciate it and will owe who ever get this thing in a 30 pack of whatever you want!! Please help!

Reaction score
Pics???????????

Im confused when you say bell housing. Thats on the back of the motor. Are you talking about the transom adapter?

River Runner

Reaction score
let me know what you think?

Attachments

• jet problem.jpg
    jet problem.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 219

Reaction score
the piece that is comming off the motor can it be removed? Alot of times you have to get the drive line ligned up just right for it to mesh.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I see you have a 3 point set up, where one of the motor mounts hooks up to the jet pump. a engine hoist on the back of the motor will lift it just enough for it to slid in.

Reaction score
I see you have a 3 point set up, where one of the motor mounts hooks up to the jet pump. a engine hoist on the back of the motor will lift it just enough for it to slid in.
Nice find i just saw that. Im sure that will do it.

River Runner

Reaction score
I unfortunately am not at my house, i am at the river. I loosened up the housing lifted it up and got the metal lip in but the rubber is now holding it up and it seems no matter how hard i push it will not go in. I literally have 1/2" or less to get in and it just wont go. came out like hot butter not so much now.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
check for crap in the spline the can be a pain sometime clean real good jack the motor around a bit should go in
is your pump bolted down from pics it doesnt look like it

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
Rotate the motor or jet....to align the splines in the shaft.

River Runner

Reaction score
they are already aligned, the rubber piece is caught on the housing. i can see it start to bunch up the more i push.

River Runner

Reaction score
i am getting so irritated with this thing i am about to back it into a wall just to push it the last little bit.

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
You cannot see spline to spline....rotate the motor as you insert.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
have you tried putting wieght on the front of the motor? that might work in lue of the engine hoist ( best method) just don't stand on the crank... bad mojo.

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
I rebuilt my jet and now I am trying to reinstall it. I have been messing with this f'n thing for about an 2 hours now and it looks perfectly lined up but it is caught on the bell housing it wont slip past!:grumble: I have about 1/2" to get the rest in, but it just wont go!! If anyone has any advice to get this think in I would greatly appreciate it and will owe who ever get this thing in a 30 pack of whatever you want!! Please help!

Key words - " I rebuilt my jet".
Please define this, any parts replaced, bearings changed, driveshaft switched.

digger

Reaction score
You need to lift the back of the motor somehow, use a 2x4 or something to pry it up. Dont forget your intake gasket.

River Runner

Reaction score
gave up, thanks for all the help though guys. I am going to have Bad Attitude Boats pick it up on Monday and put the jet in. I have to go back to California tomorrow morning and just feel like hanging out got the rest of the night.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
if the rubber part is bunching up did you try and lube it with something????