WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Its not old school, but its nice.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I love it here. @shintoooo i used to do this in a tent!

Attachments

• 724723b1-8556-47eb-ad00-227db6fb552b.jpg
    724723b1-8556-47eb-ad00-227db6fb552b.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20241019_183826.jpg
    20241019_183826.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • e9861355-6414-4ada-9693-ce0f21dff2e4.jpg
    e9861355-6414-4ada-9693-ce0f21dff2e4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Damn I should have had video of my buddy pulling into day. Holy hell. 40 feet of furry coming through the sand. Must have charged it at 40mph. I was laughing my ass off. He was stuck as he'll before that. I got stuck as he'll trying to get him out.

Dug myself out. Yanked him backwards the second time. Got it done.

We scouted the best route of attack. I waited by the nice gentleman. I helped dig out yesterday. That was just shovel and my pro eagle we got it done. Similar to how I got myself out today.

Anyway, I'm standing there taking to him and we here a turbo spooling like a bat out of hell. We were cracking up and at this moment he says something, we should have got that on video. Damn it! He was right. That was some classic stuff.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
Loved going there and camping on the beach but they have fucked that place up so bad with fences everywhere.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Loved going there and camping on the beach but they have fucked that place up so bad with fences everywhere.
There are quite a few fences. From the start of the ohv area to the end post it's 2 miles of coast. 2 miles! It's sad really. But there are still dunes to the back. No it's not glamis, but honestly. I still have fun. The view is amazing. Where else can we do this? Oregon? They need to knock this nonsense off and open it back up.

The dust..... do these idiots know how the dunes formed in the first place? Why i have a silt fence up? It's called wind. With or without ohv there is still wind and thus dust. Or pm10 as they so fancily call it. They just want to build more and everyone should know it. The environment nuts should see through it. This is as preserved as it will get. Leave it alone. The community will respect it far more than some developer. Rant over. I love this place. My uncle used to bring my cousin and a bunch of us when I was a kid. I've come here since 4th grade. Now, my wife and kids love it. We will be back next October, provide they don't close it.

Also, the lack of crowds in October every year, is very appealing.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
There are quite a few fences. From the start of the ohv area to the end post it's 2 miles of coast. 2 miles! It's sad really. But there are still dunes to the back. No it's not glamis, but honestly. I still have fun. The view is amazing. Where else can we do this? Oregon? They need to knock this nonsense off and open it back up.

The dust..... do these idiots know how the dunes formed in the first place? Why i have a silt fence up? It's called wind. With or without ohv there is still wind and thus dust. Or pm10 as they so fancily call it. They just want to build more and everyone should know it. The environment nuts should see through it. This is as preserved as it will get. Leave it alone. The community will respect it far more than some developer. Rant over. I love this place. My uncle used to bring my cousin and a bunch of us when I was a kid. I've come here since 4th grade. Now, my wife and kids love it. We will be back next October, provide they don't close it.

Also, the lack of crowds in October every year, is very appealing.
I love it too been going my whole life plus its only 3 hours from my house but lately we have been going to dumont for the big weekends and oregon for a week in the summer but we used to always do pismo. My father in law is chairman of Friends of Oceano dunes hopefully we can get some wins in court and get some of that fencing down at some point.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I love Pismo, but I haven’t been up there in years!

I grew up going there and spent many years camping on the beach. Some of my best childhood and high school memories were made there. It’s a shame what they have done and how much the environmental fruitcakes have closed; I sure hope the issues get resolved and they open the dunes and expand the beach camping to what it once was.

I have wanted to take my kids up there to camp on the beach and see what it's all about, but It's such a PIA trying to find a weekend and getting a camping permit before it sells out. I hope we can make it happen one of these days before it's too late.

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
Damn, sure looks nice. Love(d) Pismo, haven’t been there in years, such a shame! Hope those coastal elites drunk stumble into the ocean and drown!