WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Anybody Else's Wife Insane?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
My wife basically owns all the closets in the house except for a small portion of one walk in closet in our master bedroom where I get to keep my clothes. That was kind of the deal we made when we bought this place. I get 3 spaces of the 4 car garage and no Christmas shit or other girl-stuff is allowed in my 3 spaces, but she gets the closets in the house beyond what I need for my closet stuff. Darn good deal as far as I'm concerned.

So she decides she needs to organize one of her shoe closets. To my knowledge, she has two closets in the house that are just used for shoes and nothing else. She bought some shelving for me to assemble and emptied one of the closets so I can put the shelving in.

Current situation in that room:

IMG_6449.jpeg

And this is just one closet. Anybody know a good therapist? I might need to get her some help.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Years ago my wife was giving me a ration of shit over how much money i spent on dirt bike parts. I walked her into the house and opened a closet door where the shoevalanche occurred. "how much money in shoes is there?", as i'm pointing at the massive pile of designer shoes. Never heard a word about it again.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Mine actually purges her stuff now and then. Most often it ends up in white kitchen trash bags, then my garage for months before going to Goodwill.
But to answer the question in the thread title with a query....have you ever met one that isn't some sort of 🤪? 🤭🫣
👀
😂

DWC

Reaction score
Mine actually purges her stuff now and then. Most often it ends up in white kitchen trash bags, then my garage for months before going to Goodwill.
But to answer the question in the thread title with a query....have you ever met one that isn't some sort of 🤪? 🤭🫣
👀
😂
Same trash bag deal here. She has a sixth sense on those bags. If i try to ditch them in the trash she catches it almost immediately.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I feel your pain
My wife just gave close to that away to the VVA
Origination this morning.
Probably 8 bags of shoes,boots,sandles.
It is an illness I am convinced of that.
But she still has any type of shoe for any outfit in “her closet”. I get a small hanging rod and couple drawers in the dresser.
Luckily that’s all I need. lol.
And yes. She has stuff in every other bedroom closet as well.
You are not alone.
I’ll pray for you. Lmao. 🤣

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Shoes and Bikinis for my other half.. but it could be worse!!

THIS!!

I don’t ask questions! She doesn’t flinch when I buy boats, cars, guns or anything else for that matter really.

She has DRAWERS full of bikinis, most are expensive, I don’t even flinch.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… i’ve had a lot of girlfriends… I don’t recall ever having one that collected shoes …but then again what I haven’t known probably hasn’t hurt me.🤷🏽‍♀️
… Wait a minute… My Playboy Bunny girlfriend always had a storage unit… What was in it…kinda would’ve been impossible to really tell🤷🏽‍♀️

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
When we moved out of Cali, we moved to a place with a dirt driveway. Many of the homes are like that in the area, so in my wife's case, teachers weren't usually wearing heels. Sure, she kept a few pair...but those white trash bags @Ziggy mentioned? Donated a pickup bed full.

We've had 4 or 5 houses together...I've always had a chest of drawers in the bedroom :oops:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I want to participate in this thread but I don't want to end up tied to a chair in a pitch black closet with a pillowcase over my head.

I made the mistake of mouthing off once saying you can't fit another thing in any closet we have. I got that "Paging Mr Bobbit to the lost and found" comment. :oops:

😁

sonicss31

Reaction score
I tend to think outside of the box, you are the was that is insane for allowing this shoe fetish to happen. ;) Now go to the fireplace mantel and retrieve your balls from the box and fix this insanity. :)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The closet in our guest bedroom is for my shoes. It’s full from ground to ceiling 100+ pairs). I don’t see an issue. My closet in our master also has my boots and shoes I wear regularly (30 or so pairs).

She doesn’t mention my shoes or guns and I make sure to leave her purses and bikinis out of any argument. 😂😂

Mikes56

Reaction score
When I was married to my ex-wife, that’s what the floor of the closet looked like all the time. That lazy bitch would take her clothes and shoes off and just throw them in the middle of the floor. The pile got about a foot tall that I was expected to climb over to get to my side of the closet.

Yes they are all crazy and no she wasn’t even hot.

Bobby_329

Reaction score
My wife likes sand rails and dirt bikes I want another boat that's our problem. So glad its not shoes/purses/clothes.

boatpi

Reaction score
My Asian wife has 150 pairs of shoes, she has purged some recently. 3 walk in closets of clothes, good part is she is in great shape and looks killer in most of them.

Last edited:

DaveH

Reaction score
i had a buddy who had the same problem.

FWIW, your pile of shoes is amateur status.

his house had multiple large walk in closets. every one of them taken over by her with hanging clothes packed so tightly, it was hard to even tell what was there. then in the middle of each closet, a SIX FOOT high pile of clothes "haystack style". in was absolutely nuts.

I bet she could have worn three different outfits a day for two years and never wore the same thing.

dribble

Reaction score
I built this on one side of the closet and then she built an identical one on the other side. She got rid of a bunch but still has over 100 pairs. The only thing I have left in the closet is the safe. And that’s only because it’s bolted to the floor.
IMG_3610.jpeg