WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Impressive Outerlimits Cat

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
https://speedonthewater.com/new-boa...-hurry-up-outerlimits-to-185-mph-in-1550-mode

Although Washington-based performance boater Jason Moe wasn’t able to be in Florida on Wednesday for one of the first days where Offshore Racing Services principal Steve Curtis started stretching out Hurry Up, his family’s astounding Outerlimits Offshore Powerboats SC 46 catamaran powered by Mercury Racing dual-calibration 1550/1350 engines, Moe was still ecstatic to see what the boat was capable of in both turbocharged power outputs.

outerlimits0320hurryup

Steve Curtis and Billy Moore ran the new Outerlimits 46-foot cat up to 185 mph on Wednesday with the boat's dual-calibration Mercury Racing 1550/1350 engines in 1,550-hp mode. Photo by Pete Boden/Shoot 2 Thrill Pix

According to Moe and Curtis, the canopied 46-footer that features a gorgeous Stephen Miles Design paintjob reached an impressive 185-mph on Florida’s Lake Monroe with the engines in 1,550-hp mode on 112-plus-octane race fuel with 16.5" x 38"-pitch x 12-degree-rake Mercury Racing propellers.

curtis hurryup “Steve said he thinks it should run faster than 190 mph with some different propellers,” Moe said. “I am so happy with the boat. Outerlimits did an incredible job. It’s hard to even put it into words.”

Curtis, who throttled the boat with his friend and fellow offshore racer Billy Moore on the wheel, said he was very happy with the boat’s performance considering it was the first real test in the 46-foot cat following its debut at the Miami International Boat Show last month.

“There’s more in it for sure; we need to try different props and do some spacer work to play with the X dimension a little,” Curtis said. “Overall the boat feels great. Considering that was our first real test, we were happy with the speed in both modes. The boat is a beast. I mean out of box it runs extremely well on pump gas in 1350 mode. It doesn’t even really need 1550 mode—and I don’t know how much Jason will even use that setting—but it’s one of those things where it’s nice to know what the boat is capable of running.”

Beyond the performance, Curtis complemented the boat as a whole.

“The boat is beautiful,” Curtis said. “Outerlimits did an incredible job building it and with the interior. The finish work is amazing and the Stephen Miles paintjob is outstanding. I love the colors Jason and Laurie selected. The boat is a work of art and it has everything you could want between the huge stereo and electronics to the generation and air conditioning and heater.”

In conclusion, Curtis, who has as much or more seat time in boats that run close to or faster than 200 mph than anyone in the sport, said it’s really about having fun.

“It’s nice to know how fast Hurry Up will go, but for the Moe family it’s all about having fun and having one of the biggest, baddest boats around,” he added.

fishing fool

Reaction score
The pic shows 184mh (is that METERS) what is that in mph?

I googled it.... It's 115mph.... NOT that fast

stolen

Reaction score
The pic shows 184mh (is that METERS) what is that in mph?

I googled it.... It's 115mph.... NOT that fast

Land speed (or water in this case) is typically measured in kilometers per hour, miles per hour or meters per second. Mh or m/h is miles per hour. Not sure how you converted 184 m/h to 115 m/h, but I think your Google is broken. 😎

fishing fool

Reaction score
Did I do it right???

Land speed (or water in this case) is typically measured in kilometers per hour, miles per hour or meters per second. Mh or m/h is miles per hour. Not sure how you converted 184 m/h to 115 m/h, but I think your Google is broken. 😎

stolen

Reaction score
Did I do it right???

Nope - what does km/h have to do with anything in this conversation? The display is clearly in miles per hour, so again, I fail to understand how you‘re converting 184 miles per hour to 115 miles per hour.

F me. Yet another thread I should have just scrolled by and ignored. I need to learn to just keep my mouth shut.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Don't get all bent out of shape. I don't know. I am not a expert on all this s[eed stuff. My boat goes faster on the trailer,,,

Nope - what does km/h have to do with anything in this conversation? The display is clearly in miles per hour, so again, I fail to understand how you‘re converting 184 miles per hour to 115 miles per hour.

F me. Yet another thread I should have just scrolled by and ignored. I need to learn to just keep my mouth shut.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Ya see the problem is... It’s missing the “P”. If they just would thrown that p after the M and before the H, there would be no confusion.. damn those Garmin engineers.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Ya see the problem is... It’s missing the “P”. If they just would thrown that p after the M and before the H, there would be no confusion.. damn those Garmin engineers.

Or is it missing the K before the m? Either way, "damn those Garmin engineers."

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
It will look Awesome in your garage at least. LOL
Nah, launch at Pirate's and make a run to Havasu and back. A ride like that needa to be on water. Could only afford to do it once a month, but it would be worth not eating :p

She's Mine

Reaction score
Those are some good numbers for something that carries an HVAC setup, a stereo and has more than two seats. I'd take it! Couldn't afford to feed it, but still be fun.
That is exactly what I was thinking...AC and Heater and still runs north of 180mph... No complaints here.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
We transported it from the factory to the show and the boat is amazing View attachment 856732
I get nervous hauling a customer car. Even if insurance is good for the haul, replacement can be an impossibility. I guess it's like anything else, the more you do it, the more comfortable you get? I'd be sweating bullets around town...too many idiots could scratch it!

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
why dont you post more pictures of stuff like this? if you are hauling cool sstuff all the time why not share?

I do post it daily. sign onto my facebook and instagram pages at Outlaw Boat Transport
I can't get to my laptop everyday to post. I have a girl that I send the pictures to and she post the social media for me.

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
Loading the boat into the water at Grove Harbor and then driven to the Miami Show

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
Loading the boat at the Outerlimits factory for the show