WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I would trade my boat + for this Camaro/Z28!

Fltplan

Reaction score
I've been quietly looking for a nice early 70's Camaro Resto Mod. Not really too serious yet, but still looking. Today I dropped the K-5 off to get a new cat put on, uhg! Decided to walk home a couple miles. Found this camaro sitting in the parking lot of another auto shop I passed on the way home. Stopped and found the guy who owns it. He's a mechanic at the shop. I handed him my card and told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd be interested. This car is original paint, other than the hood of course, 24k miles. This guy and his brother bought the car 12 years ago and started building it. It has a 468 ci Chevy with a Richmond 6 speed tranny. Probably the cleanest one I've seen. He showed me the motor and I didn't take a pic, but got these other pics. I would rather have this car than my 930, M Coupe, Carrera S, etc. Total impulse I would trade off my boat in a heartbeat plus some.

He claims 650hp/600 torque on pump gas, ahhhhh! :thumbsup He's had it at the good guys show here in san diego last 2 years and had offers for 85k!

Sorry the pics aren't better.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 746
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 743
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 747

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I've been quietly looking for a nice early 70's Camaro Resto Mod. Not really too serious yet, but still looking. Today I dropped the K-5 off to get a new cat put on, uhg! Decided to walk home a couple miles. Found this camaro sitting in the parking lot of another auto shop I passed on the way home. Stopped and found the guy who owns it. He's a mechanic at the shop. I handed him my card and told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd be interested. This car is original paint, other than the hood of course, 24k miles. This guy and his brother bought the car 12 years ago and started building it. It has a 468 ci Chevy with a Richmond 6 speed tranny. Probably the cleanest one I've seen. He showed me the motor and I didn't take a pic, but got these other pics. I would rather have this car than my 930, M Coupe, Carrera S, etc. Total impulse I would trade off my boat in a heartbeat plus some.

He claims 650hp/600 torque on pump gas, ahhhhh! :thumbsup He's had it at the good guys show here in san diego last 2 years and had offers for 85k!

Bad Ass car!!!':thumbsup

charlyox

Reaction score

So did he call you? That is a bad ass Camero.:thumbsup

Fltplan

Reaction score
So did he call you? That is a bad ass Camero.:thumbsup

I talked with him, he's had offers for 85k for it and won't sell. I'm in the 20-30k range. Glad I got to see it.:thumbsup

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
As Sharp Shooter would say, "Now that's a family car" :D

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Trade it for this one.:thumbsup:thumbsup
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
As Sharp Shooter would say, "Now that's a family car" :D

You dipshits are easy pickens for me. Like shootin fish in a barrel. :D

Here's a video my wife shot last 4th of July of us in our family car. ;)

[video=youtube;pqszjX4ywTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqszjX4ywTg[/video]

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score
wicked car , let me know if he has a 67 SS Chevelle Marina Blue he wants to sell as well :thumbsup:thumbsup

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drnkfr

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
wicked car , let me know if he has a 67 SS Chevelle Marina Blue he wants to sell as well :thumbsup:thumbsup

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drnkfr

My crazy assed BiL (may he rest in peace) bought a 69' SS as you've described when he got back from Viet Nam.......Within a year it was trashed. We all had a bunch of fun in it over those 12 or so months, fortunately no one died, but there were several less power poles and such.:drnkfr

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
That's a beautiful car. I love hugger orange!

$85K seems a little high for a non-original motor Z.

Fltplan

Reaction score
That's a beautiful car. I love hugger orange!

$85K seems a little high for a non-original motor Z.

I thought so too, but he said he had offers. I thought he'd be all over 30k when I first saw it, not! Im not really into originality so the original Z doesnt matter much to me. Probably why our valuea were different.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JMC

Reaction score
I thought so too, but he said he had offers. I thought he'd be all over 30k when I first saw it, not! Im not really into originality so the original Z doesnt matter much to me. Probably why our valuea were different.

85K HeHe! Traction slappers and all!

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score
My crazy assed BiL (may he rest in peace) bought a 69' SS as you've described when he got back from Viet Nam.......Within a year it was trashed. We all had a bunch of fun in it over those 12 or so months, fortunately no one died, but there were several less power poles and such.:drnkfr

gotta have fun for the short time were here :D:thumbsup:thumbsup

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

Hey, my car is for sale. I've had offers of $1,000,000 but turned them down. I like you though so you can have it for $30K! :D:thumbsup

My buddy in Vegas has a '70 with a ZZ502 that could probably be had for $30K, maybe less. It's black on black, nice car.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I saw this and thought of your thread.
[video=youtube;zIq8eZbnaxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zIq8eZbnaxA[/video]

RLJ676

Reaction score
That is a bad ass car.:thumbsup

Is there any way it's really worth 85k though (to whoever made the "offer), or was he exaggerating a little, basically making the point he's just not interested in selling?