WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I want an Industrial buding in Ventura county

Husqy510

Reaction score
I'm in the beginning stages of looking for an industrial space to rent in Ventura County. I would prefer something close to my house in Newbury Park. The plan is to rent a space between 1500-3000sqft with a couple buddies to store our cars.

I'm also curious what the additional monthly costs are, beyond rent (utilities, insurance, etc...).

bonesfab

Reaction score
There is a 4000 sqft right down the street from me. It was still available last week. There is also 2100 sqft around the corner from me. Everything is stupid expensive now.

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah. I’ve been looking at buying or leasing an industrial building for a couple years now
To put the boat in. STOOOOOPID prices. 1000 square foot industrial condo with 1 bay = 1500-2k a month to rent. 500k to buy. Unit like you’re looking at, 2 mil easy. 3k square feet, 4-5k a month.

NicPaus

Reaction score
CAM fees. Common area maintenance is added to some of the commercial and industrial units for lease.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'm in the beginning stages of looking for an industrial space to rent in Ventura County. I would prefer something close to my house in Newbury Park. The plan is to rent a space between 1500-3000sqft with a couple buddies to store our cars.

I'm also curious what the additional monthly costs are, beyond rent (utilities, insurance, etc...).
I am also in Newbury Park. Most of the stuff on Loop net is betwen $15 = 20$ per Sq (per year) in the industrial office parks around here.
Not cheap!

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Make sure its set up to allow cars/gas engines indoors. We had a 15x35 bay that I would store a car in occasionally and it wasn't zoned for car storage or work.

I wasn't working out of it but I always had to be careful of property management. I stored the car empty of gas so technically I wasn't breaking rules but they would have fought it if they caught me.

They typically required a Business owners policy as well. Not to shit on the idea but unless its a single owner complex big business wants all the insurance for tenants these days.

Morehart

Reaction score
Ranch Conejo exit. Alexi had a decent shop in Newbury for a while. Boost power

Morehart

Reaction score
Quite a few spots off teller rd. Most single spaces come with a small office and bathroom

Husqy510

Reaction score
Quite a few spots off teller rd. Most single spaces come with a small office and bathroom
I've seen a few of those and hoping someone on here may have a realtor or property manager I can talk to. I'd rather work with someone that was referred.

Thanks, Ian

bonesfab

Reaction score
Grabbed these on a test drive.
E9C39578-29D2-49BE-B746-921FE7830375.jpeg
7ABC30C0-3881-4EA2-BDC0-DA5FC3C582CC.jpeg

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
If it is just for car storage try and find a company that already does it or rent the building yourself and be the landlord for you and your friends.

My neighbor started renting space in orange county and it was so easy I followed. We both charges $200-400 a car depending on how many in/outs.

i would strongly recommend not doing the group landlord idea. I can see a "Friend" deal ending as a not friends deal real quick. If you are the landlord and you rent to friends first great but if it doesn't work out you can rent to someone else and still be friends.

boatpi

Reaction score
Everything industrial is nuts. Vegas is same rate is Iran e County. Buy at $350 a square foot too, insane.

D19

Reaction score
@C_J_J_C that is kind of my plan. Rent the building myself and create an LLC, then I will rent spaces to a few other guys.

You're going to have to rent more than a few cars to make this pencil out. It's going to take 1 car just to pay for your LLC yearly fee and tax return.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
You're going to have to rent more than a few cars to make this pencil out. It's going to take 1 car just to pay for your LLC yearly fee and tax return.

A man cave with friends absolutely doesn't pencil out as an independent business but hell yes renting out extra space does. The neighbor has been so successful renting his extra space he now has three four post lifts. He has the renters pay 1 year in advance and buys the lift with the advanced rent.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Thank you @bonesfab

@C_J_J_C that is kind of my plan. Rent the building myself and create an LLC, then I will rent spaces to a few other guys.
Keep us posted if you are looking for renters!! I would love to store my boat indoors locally if the price was reasonable!

Tank

Reaction score
I’ve thought of doing this for 20 years. The numbers don’t work. Would if you own the building because of the tax write offs. But to rent, doesn’t work. Unless you do a 1200 square foot ish place to store 4 cars and each of you pay $600 a month.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Keep us posted if you are looking for renters!! I would love to store my boat indoors locally if the price was reasonable!
Boats are hard. I can store at least 3 cars (6 with lifts) and move them around easier than a single 25 foot (30ish feet on tailer) boat. Therebis a reason indoor boat storage cost almost as much as an independent storage unit.

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Security could be a problem. 😉

Husqy510

Reaction score
I'm not looking to make money. I need a place to store my own vehicles and it would be great if I can subsidize with a tax right off and renting a few spots.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
I have looked into this as well for toy storage. In fact my company owns a building down the street from the sign bonesfab posted. I looked at these units and as others have said just doesn't pencil out. Security is another cost you have to factor in. Alarm system etc as well as insurance. $/sq ft right now is just outrageous.

Another suggestion could be Camarillo or Santa Paula airports. Have a few buddies who fly and own hangars at the airport. They sub lease out some of the space to friends to store cars/bikes but you have to know someone as its on the DL.

D19

Reaction score
I'm not looking to make money. I need a place to store my own vehicles and it would be great if I can subsidize with a tax right off and renting a few spots.

Oh Ok, I get it. I've thought about putting up a big building on my property at the river to rent out a few spaces. I know a few people who do that but I don't want the headaches they have.

I recommend you talk to an attorney (one who knows RE well) and run through all the possible negative scenarios that can happen and how to protect yourself.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The easiest way for it to pencil out is to build a larger facility than needed. This allows you to rent or sell the additional space, in order to offset your costs of ownership.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Camarillo Airport has cracked down on cars in the hangars I am told.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
In SoFlo, there are ordinances against being able to park a boat in an airplane hangar. No bueno!

Tank

Reaction score
Camarillo Airport has cracked down on cars in the hangars I am told.
BIG TIME!!! So has Oxnard. I think you can still get away with it in Santa Paula but you have to have a plane in the hangar for sure. They don’t dig just storage. I’ve checked into that for the boat as well. lol. Buddy has a plane in Oxnard.