WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I screwed up again!!!!trailer ?????

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so fuc this trailer, bought a triple from competative , pick it up tuesday...:thumbsup

NdaWind

Reaction score
When I was checking my tongue weight the math didn't seem right the old guy at the scales said just drive the trailer onto the scale with out the trailer tires on the scale - unhook the truck and drive it off "only way to get true tongue weight" it was surprisingly much different. I had a waverunner rack on top at the time. I vote for 3 axles which ever way you get them.

I ran it thru the scales, just the truck first..the truck was 5880 lbs
the front,3260... rear 2620 then hooked up to the boat

total was 13200 lbs...steer was 2980, drive....3540,... trailer...6680..

i then subtracted the known truck weight...5820 lbs that told me the boat and trailer weight...7320 lbs...

then subtract the trailer axel weight 7320-6660=660lbs tongue weight

POWERCATDON

SAN DIEGO COUNTY
Reaction score
Hey Steve do you have a Money Tree? If so can i pull from it.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
so fuc this trailer, bought a triple from competative , pick it up tuesday...:thumbsup

Ok Question... Has the trailer been working fine since 96? Have you had bearing issues or other overweight load related issues while towing?

I like your style of buying whatever the f you want when you want to:thumbsup, just trying to figure out your mechanism of justifying it. Is it purely for our enjoyment, or the wife?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So for the sake of "learning something new this week":

I can see 2FF's point, the boat weighs more than the combined axle rating on the trailer. However, when weighed, the axle weight is less than the combined axle rating (6680 vs. 7000 lbs).

I don't see how the trailer is deficiently designed or built. Is there an accepted "overbuild" margin in trailer design?

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
If two is good, three is better.... I have a feeling if 4 axles would fit he would own a 4 axle trailer....Maybe we need to design a 3 axle trailer with a rear "swing away" 4th axle...Like the dump trucks use to save tire wear when empty.... Yeah, that's it, 3 on the ground and a 4th turning in the breeze....
Ray
PS I too admire how he just "steps TF up" and gets it done....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So for the sake of "learning something new this week":

I can see 2FF's point, the boat weighs more than the combined axle rating on the trailer. However, when weighed, the axle weight is less than the combined axle rating (6680 vs. 7000 lbs).

I don't see how the trailer is deficiently designed or built. Is there an accepted "overbuild" margin in trailer design?

when i got the boat, there was only about 3/4'' from the keel to the axels,

you could see marks where the axels had touched the boat..

so i should have just got a new trailer then...

also you have to remember I went from a new hey-lam 29' force canopy boat , to a 96 hallett... i like the old shit,,.. holds it's value..:thumbsup