WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I 15 closed

boatpi

Reaction score
Crazy it may sound now it’s coming up. Northbound is closed just south of that former wreck due to another crash both lanes but southbound shows open.

boatpi

Reaction score
IMG_6684.png

boatpi

Reaction score
It’s closed at the wreck site. Who knows how long looks like the fire department may be getting to do some work or maybe I’ll load it.

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score

Closed at Harvard offramp 10 miles north of Bureau. Don’t even think of it. It’s backed up for 3 miles probably hours just to get off and there’s nowhere to go.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
My sis & bro in law heading from Vegas to Rancho just got thru there, south is open. Truck is still smoldering, traffic going north is stopped. Cannot believe people thought they could get thru or that the north 15 would open so soon

boatpi

Reaction score
No issue south, northbound who knows I have a feeling that the fire department they were bringing in tankers. The catches on fire it can even have a chain reaction and explode that’s why it was closed yesterday so this is just the biggest shit show. Maybe they ever hit interstate 15 in this area. I’ll guarantee I know what it is. Shithead truck drivers. They’re like on a cannonball run. They come down this one hill, a slight turn to the left, bammmmm . This is a second one to roll over in two weeks in the same area. Ass bites.

my guess is they’re gonna try to take out the batteries from that container. This could take several days on and off closure or even a week this lithium ion batteries in a container, probably from China.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Just talked to my river neighbor. Twelve hour drive last night to Havasu. Never saw an accident or anything on the 40. Just a shit ton of traffic.

Andy B.

Reaction score
No issue south, northbound who knows I have a feeling that the fire department they were bringing in tankers. The catches on fire it can even have a chain reaction and explode that’s why it was closed yesterday so this is just the biggest shit show. Maybe they ever hit interstate 15 in this area. I’ll guarantee I know what it is. Shithead truck drivers. They’re like on a cannonball run. They come down this one hill, a slight turn to the left, bammmmm . This is a second one to roll over in two weeks in the same area. Ass bites.

my guess is they’re gonna try to take out the batteries from that container. This could take several days on and off closure or even a week this lithium ion batteries in a container, probably from China.
Inexperienced truck driver may be a better term probably someone right out of school with no common sense.
But dipshit wanted to let 18 yr old drive WTF!! I see a lot of foreigners driving that have no clue and think they're in their own country!!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
There's a company that wants to put a lithium battery storage operation (using large scale batteries to store generated solar) on property owned by Saddleback Church. Property is in San Juan Capistrano City limits and the council said no. Company went over their heads to the state.

Phuchers😑

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just did a RT to Bend OR. The whole trip was awesome except the 20 miles on the 40 with the fn trucks.

Its an eye opener to see how bad AZ highways are compared to other states. The 93 Vegas to Wickenburg is horrible. Read up on the “US 93 AKA Bloody Alley” page on FB. 😳

Where’s the pics?

4Waters

Reaction score
Inexperienced truck driver may be a better term probably someone right out of school with no common sense.
But dipshit wanted to let 18 yr old drive WTF!! I see a lot of foreigners driving that have no clue and think they're in their own country!!
Had a foreigner roll back and run into my truck on the 40 on Wed, none of the middle eastern drivers have a thread of professionalism

Andy B.

Reaction score
Had a foreigner roll back and run into my truck on the 40 on Wed, none of the middle eastern drivers have a thread of professionalism
Yep they have zero road etiquette period!!!!

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Just passed down the 40 West bound 2 hours ago. East bound is backed up to just about Newberry Springs. Something like 80 miles of back up. It’s flat out crazy.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Reason number 1, why don't drive to the River or Vegas, Friday thru Sunday.
Life is too short.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Reason number 2, why you live in Parker/Havasu and you never have to drive from So. Cal. on any of the days of the week!😁
Life is short, live in the place, do the things!👍
SoCal, it's a weather thing... :cool:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
40 west about 5 miles west of Essex. Backed up as far as we can see. Glad we're going the other way. So many people out here the cell network is loaded up and very slow.

IMG_6323.jpeg

oldman

Reaction score
There's a company that wants to put a lithium battery storage operation (using large scale batteries to store generated solar) on property owned by Saddleback Church. Property is in San Juan Capistrano City limits and the council said no. Company went over their heads to the state.

Phuchers😑
It's above the city's control, it's a state thing, And Capo has money to fight it and still got stomped. I'm in the Utility industry, and we want no part of battery storage plants. It's not the fear of them taking over or anything like that. It's a danger issue. Look into the APS failure in surprise Az, You'd be surprised how many of these facilities are doted around populated areas. So one tractor trailer burned 18 hrs. and closed a freeway, think what a couple of acres of them would do.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… I have been around a few of these mid Eastern truck drivers… Quite a few of them have their air conditioning problems fixed where I have had my radiator and air conditioning issues taken care of for decades… The radiator air conditioning shop no longer works on the publics vehicles… They make too much money, keeping these bozo truck drivers cooled and radiated🤷🏽‍♀️… what can you say except… it is what it is???…
… These truck drivers put off the vibe of they could be very pushy shovie out on the road🤷🏽‍♀️

JB in so cal

Reaction score
It's above the city's control, it's a state thing, And Capo has money to fight it and still got stomped. I'm in the Utility industry, and we want no part of battery storage plants. It's not the fear of them taking over or anything like that. It's a danger issue. Look into the APS failure in surprise Az, You'd be surprised how many of these facilities are doted around populated areas. So one tractor trailer burned 18 hrs. and closed a freeway, think what a couple of acres of them would do.
Its about 1/4 mile from drainage that runs to Dana Point and the ocean. Fire would mean water to out it out....

oldman

Reaction score
Its about 1/4 mile from drainage that runs to Dana Point and the ocean. Fire would mean water to out it out....
Batteries are stored energy, once they fail there is no off switch, how many thousands of gallons do you think they pumped on that 18 wheeler? putting it 1/4 mile from the the ocean means if it fails they will be pumping all of that into the bay. That's environmentally sound ... Right?
Not blasting you, the system is shortsighted.

Joker

Reaction score
Leaving bullhead in the morning. Wondering if we want to take national trails to 29 palms. Towing a U-Haul trailer but i think we can utilize the bypass the railroad built around the bridges that were washed out.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Took a day trip to Vegas from Havasu this past Thursday with our Oldest Daughter. Nice Chinese lunch at Red 8 in the Wynn (Mr. Chows at Cesar’s wasn’t open for lunch) and I really wanted some decent Chinese food. Also did a little gambling and walking as well. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the decent food and occasional concert, I’d probably stop going. Just not the Vegas it used to be. The dirt, beggars (that look stung out) and the over the top costs these days really doesn’t give off a good vibe.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Batteries are stored energy, once they fail there is no off switch, how many thousands of gallons do you think they pumped on that 18 wheeler?
Initially, not many from what I understand. The problem here was thats BLM land I believe and the water/foam run off was going to be an issue. I believe they drug it off the side of the freeway and let it burn. I saw our dozer dispatched.
*Disclaimer- I just got home from vacation and saw it on our HazMat/Active911 that I forgot to shut off. I saw some CAD notes then went back to vacationing *

oldman

Reaction score
Initially, not many from what I understand. The problem here was thats BLM land I believe and the water/foam run off was going to be an issue. I believe they drug it off the side of the freeway and let it burn. I saw our dozer dispatched.
*Disclaimer- I just got home from vacation and saw it on our HazMat/Active911 that I forgot to shut off. I saw some CAD notes then went back to vacationing *
I'm not on the Fire side of this, But on the electrical side. Maybe in an open environment they can let it burn out and dissipate that stored energy. In the city I've seen them manage it with foam and water, but it seemed like way more of both as it blead off energy.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I'm not on the Fire side of this, But on the electrical side. Maybe in an open environment they can let it burn out and dissipate that stored energy. In the city I've seen them manage it with foam and water, but it seemed like way more of both as it blead off energy.
Yes. I havent personally dealt with one yet, but I know it takes a lot of water to deal with. There was 4 water tenders on the ticket. BLM and the feds get really sideways when it comes to getting their dirt “dirty”. The hazmat response was to monitor the air and smoke plume also. Definitely a first for a lot of us and there isn’t a whole lot of good training rolled out yet. I’m curious to see what the after action review is.

oldman

Reaction score
Yes. I havent personally dealt with one yet, but I know it takes a lot of water to deal with. There was 4 water tenders on the ticket. BLM and the feds get really sideways when it comes to getting their dirt “dirty”. The hazmat response was to monitor the air and smoke plume also. Definitely a first for a lot of us and there isn’t a whole lot of good training rolled out yet. I’m curious to see what the after action review is.
I'm going to say I've seen turnouts from a Santa Ana firefighter that was involved in a Tesla fire, It looked like they had been sprayed with bleach or something, all of it was faded out. and he is having kidney failure right now.

If your around anything like this tell your guys full respirators, the fumes off of lithium batteries are deadly. For your guys sake.