WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hydrogen Generator

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
A friend came by the shop and we welded some tubes together for what he is calling a hydrogen generator, he plans on putting this on his car. Have you heard about these contraptions?

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2934.jpg
    IMG_2934.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 282

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven't heard of them.. For us laymen types what does it supposedly do? and how does it work?

RD

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I haven't heard of them.. For us laymen types what does it supposedly do? and how does it work?

RD

I did not pay much attention to what he was saying, especially when I got my first talk on some product called Monavie, I never laughed so hard! I remember hearing about it on the other boating site.

He says it will increase his fuel economy by 30% and next time he comes over he will bring me a bottle of this Monavie stuff.

Ps. he lives in the IE and his wife is a realtor

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let me know how that works out for him.. LOL

RD

frogII

Reaction score
www.hydrogen-boost.com
their are several different ones out there , but I have not seen one being used , but then again I don't get out much either.
It would be fun to actually see one in action.

Kleptow

Reaction score
I could not wait to build my own, so I bought one off the internet 280.00 bucks. I could not find any negative information on these Generators so if i get 20% fuel saving it will pay for it self in no time. plus I have a guy that does Train A/C computer work for us that as been running his house off of a generator fuel cell for years, he wont tell you to much about his setup because he his looking to do some marketing of his own, He does have some interesting stories about Edison harassing him because he won’t share details of his setup with them.

Kleptow

Reaction score
www.hydrogen-boost.com
their are several different ones out there , but I have not seen one being used , but then again I don't get out much either.
It would be fun to actually see one in action.

There is a shop in AZ installing kits, I didn't get the name I caught the tail end of a story on one of the local news channels. Guy was claiming any where from 20-40% fuel savings and if you were not 100% satisfied he would give you 100% refund.

Kleptow

Reaction score

RD

It's called brown gas or Oxy Hydrogen, it's generated in these little cans/or tubes and then it's sucked in thru your air intake and burned just like your current fuel it can be run at what ever % you set your engine up to run on this stuff.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The hydrogen generator deal is a complete waste of money, First of all let's talk 10th grade physics here people, ever heard the statement "Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed" It's one of the most rudimentary rules of physics. Basically it takes more energy to split water into "brown's gas" (hydrogen and oxygen) than the energy you get back when you burn it and it recombines into water, this is due to the fact that no system is 100% efficient and there will be losses due to friction, heat, etc.

If this actually did work it would put all of the coal fire/natural gas/oil powerplants, and gas stations out of business tomorrow since they would have abundant, free, and non polluting fuel. :smackhead

6 Retarded Gas Saving Schemes (People are Actually Trying)
http://www.cracked.com/article_16484_6-retarded-gas-saving-schemes-people-are-actually-trying.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water

Efficiency
Water electrolysis does not convert 100% of the electrical energy into the chemical energy of hydrogen. The process requires more extreme potentials than what would be expected based on the cell's total reversible reduction potentials. This excess potential accounts for various forms of overpotential by which the extra energy is eventually lost as heat. For a well designed cell the largest overpotential is the reaction overpotential for the four electron oxidation of water to oxygen at the anode. An effective electrocatalyst to facilitate this reaction has not been developed. Platinum alloys are the default state of the art for this oxidation. The reverse reaction, the reduction of oxygen to water, is responsible for the greatest loss of efficiency in fuel cells. Developing a cheap effective electrocatalyst for this reaction would be a great advance.
The simpler two-electron reaction to produce hydrogen at the cathode can be electrocatalyzed with almost no reaction overpotential by platinum or in theory a hydrogenase enzyme. If other, less effective, materials are used for the cathode then another large overpotential must be paid.
The energy efficiency of water electrolysis varies widely with the numbers cited below on the optimistic side. Some report 50–70%[2], while the theoretical maximum efficiency of the electrolysis of water is between 80–94%.[3] These values refer only to the efficiency of converting electrical energy into hydrogen's chemical energy. The energy lost in generating the electricity is not included. For instance, when considering a power plant that converts the heat of nuclear reactions into hydrogen via electrolysis, the total efficiency may be closer to 30–45%.[4]

Last edited:

River Runner

Reaction score
I have heard it can work, but it is hard to get right. If you set it up right you can get 30 mpg+ out of a old carb motor, but if you set it up wrong it can screw up the motor, might even blow it up. My brother and I have been contemplating trying our own set up on his 83 chevy pick up but havent found the time. He understands how the whole thing works, i will see if i can get him on here to explain.

Kleptow

Reaction score
The hydrogen generator deal is a complete waste of money, First of all let's talk 10th grade physics here people, ever heard the statement "Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed" It's one of the most rudimentary rules of physics. Basically it takes more energy to split water into "brown's gas" (hydrogen and oxygen) than the energy you get back when you burn it and it recombines into water, this is due to the fact that no system is 100% efficient and there will be losses due to friction, heat, etc.

If this actually did work it would put all of the coal fire/natural gas/oil powerplants, and gas stations out of business tomorrow since they would have abundant, free, and non polluting fuel. :smackhead

http://www.cracked.com/article_16484_6-retarded-gas-saving-schemes-people-are-actually-trying.html

What part is a total scam, or did you even read what you cut and pasted?
if you follow some of the links in your artical you will see a lot of Hydrogen generators for sale.

So again what part is a total scam?

Faceaz

Reaction score

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the systems run off current generated from the Alternator - which is running all the time on your car. So it pulls a little more amperage from the alternator & uses the electricity to generate Hydrogen from water, contains the Hydrogen & diverts it to your intake. Generating the Hydrogen does not require much energy, since the alternator is already being powered by the gas.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score