WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How about a Jet Day in Havi?

Stalkaholic

Run but ya can't hide...
Reaction score
Around Feb?

Now I've never personally been on Lake Havasu, but was always told that it's not a good idea to take a low freeboard boat out due to the offshore turned lake boats turning the water into a washing machine. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, or if there is a certain 'trick' to handling that kind of water in a low freeboard boat let us know.

Vin-Dog

Reaction score
What up dude! How's the New Year treating you so far?
So ya wanna go to Havi huh? Don't be sceeeerrrrd!! Just don't break down out there!!! Me and Big Ern have gone the last two trips and spent three days on the water with no problems. We did kick it in the channel quite a bit, and then rolled out to Copper Canyon a couple times a day. Wasn't too bad when we went. Just be smart out there that's all.

St. Patty's is when we went. Planning on going again this year, hopefully with some more Eastsiders this time, and a fresh motor too!!!:D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Now I've never personally been on Lake Havasu, but was always told that it's not a good idea to take a low freeboard boat out due to the offshore turned lake boats turning the water into a washing machine. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, or if there is a certain 'trick' to handling that kind of water in a low freeboard boat let us know.

ummm...lets see. its winter time. the lakes are not what they are in the summer. its the best time of year for a jet boat.....i mean it sucks and you definately shouldn't go. and if you reply to vins post, please save the i run a chevy so i won't be breaking down comment for another time...its pretty old

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
sean, feb may work. goin to the la boat show the first weekend. lets figure something out

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I might be down for this..the spectra has been sitting in storage since I got it....might be a good idea to go run some fuel through it.
________
Old Man Teen

Last edited:

Stalkaholic

Run but ya can't hide...
Reaction score
What up dude! How's the New Year treating you so far?
So ya wanna go to Havi huh? Don't be sceeeerrrrd!! Just don't break down out there!!! Me and Big Ern have gone the last two trips and spent three days on the water with no problems. We did kick it in the channel quite a bit, and then rolled out to Copper Canyon a couple times a day. Wasn't too bad when we went. Just be smart out there that's all.

St. Patty's is when we went. Planning on going again this year, hopefully with some more Eastsiders this time, and a fresh motor too!!!:D

Well since squirtinmyload beat me to the punchline...:D

No actually I've got the pump and motor out of my boat right now. The pump's apart...I'm in the middle of doing a bowl swap plus getting my intake manifold cleaned up and powder coated, and we're gonna throw some different valve covers on her as well. We took the Jet-A-Way off the pump...it sat the motor too far forward which robbed me of back seat space plus we're thinking since the motor was sitting more forward than it usually does with the Jet-A-Way that it caused the boat to ride a little too wet. Will be coming out with a droop snoot this time so hopefully with sitting the motor as far back as it will go plus running the droop that these things will help to free more of the hull up so that it's not riding so wet. Of course...we'll have to wait until we run her again to find out if these things will make any sort of a difference.

On top of that I never got a chance to put new carpet in her so we'll be doing that as well.

Once everything's back together I'll be changing my spark plugs and taking her out to do all the carb/ignition tuning that I never got a chance to do last season. Hopefully I can be done with this stuff my March so if you're doing a Havi run for St Patty's weekend I just might be able to make it.

How's the new motor coming along?

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Havi is great this time of year. Glassy water all day long. Shiot, i have boated on havi in summer in my 18ftr. Who cares, just stay on the gas. Riverbound, we will be out next weekend makin a run down to the springs for cocktails. Cruz out.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Well since squirtinmyload beat me to the punchline...:D

No actually I've got the pump and motor out of my boat right now. The pump's apart...I'm in the middle of doing a bowl swap plus getting my intake manifold cleaned up and powder coated, and we're gonna throw some different valve covers on her as well. We took the Jet-A-Way off the pump...it sat the motor too far forward which robbed me of back seat space plus we're thinking since the motor was sitting more forward than it usually does with the Jet-A-Way that it caused the boat to ride a little too wet. Will be coming out with a droop snoot this time so hopefully with sitting the motor as far back as it will go plus running the droop that these things will help to free more of the hull up so that it's not riding so wet. Of course...we'll have to wait until we run her again to find out if these things will make any sort of a difference.

On top of that I never got a chance to put new carpet in her so we'll be doing that as well.

Once everything's back together I'll be changing my spark plugs and taking her out to do all the carb/ignition tuning that I never got a chance to do last season. Hopefully I can be done with this stuff my March so if you're doing a Havi run for St Patty's weekend I just might be able to make it.

How's the new motor coming along?

Excuses, Excuses:D

Boat 405

Reaction score
I'm always in bud, just let me know when. Last March when we went it was awesome!

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
How about Feb. 22,23,24 ???
Something low key. Few of us jet boaters making noise on this quite lake. Cruz up or down river for cocktails. Let me know what you guys think.

:beer:drnkfr

Reaction score
ummm...lets see. its winter time. the lakes are not what they are in the summer. its the best time of year for a jet boat.....i mean it sucks and you definately shouldn't go. and if you reply to vins post, please save the i run a chevy so i won't be breaking down comment for another time...its pretty old
LMAO, funny isnt it. I know of two FORDS off the top of my head that dont even skip a beat when the go to the lake( opps did i say that out loud ) Anyhow, i would be in but i have some winter cosmetic stuff going on right now.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
LMAO, funny isnt it. I know of two FORDS off the top of my head that dont even skip a beat when the go to the lake( opps did i say that out loud ) Anyhow, i would be in but i have some winter cosmetic stuff going on right now.

You still have a month to get them done brotha.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
You're thinking just a day trip right?

I live here so I will probly boat all 3 days, but...

Day?
Weekend?

It doesnt matter. Just thought it would be nice to get the little boats out here and make some noise before it gets out of control. Waters bitchen everyday. Middle of Feb. should be great. 70's and not real crowded. Shit im headed out this sat for a cruise.

67Weimann

Class Clown
Reaction score
I've never been on the lake there. I did take part in building the Albertsons there but never got out on the lake. Where do I launch from?

Stalkaholic

Run but ya can't hide...
Reaction score
I've never been on the lake there. I did take part in building the Albertsons there but never got out on the lake. Where do I launch from?

From what I hear Ramp 6 is where you go to watch the comedyfest of a bunch of newbies jacknifing their shiz :D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
You gonna make it Brian?

i would like to. if it was valentines weekend that would be tits. the 7th-10th we will be in LA. we are outta here the 14th-18th and i'm not sure where we are going yet. i might as well plan something for the22nd-24th :D

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
i would like to. if it was valentines weekend that would be tits. the 7th-10th we will be in LA. we are outta here the 14th-18th and i'm not sure where we are going yet. i might as well plan something for the22nd-24th :D

Thats the weekend im talking about McLovin. :beer

bp298

abracadabra
Reaction score
Thats the weekend im talking about McLovin. :beer

well, post when/where so i can come down and watch/laff... since i most likely won't have anything together by then.

brian you better lemme know when your coming, i'll probably have somethin for ya...

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
well, post when/where so i can come down and watch/laff... since i most likely won't have anything together by then.

brian you better lemme know when your coming, i'll probably have somethin for ya...

looks like we will be laughing at you on shore then :point :D i will definately let you know, it looks like we may come up the 15th-17th. if not that weekend then we will do the 23rd

67Weimann

Class Clown
Reaction score
We're talking about the weekend of the 23rd...Hopefully my new interior will be done...I'm half tempted to do an overnighter...

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
We're talking about the weekend of the 23rd...Hopefully my new interior will be done...I'm half tempted to do an overnighter...
WHAT????...wtf details man, are you doing it??? shit man, the weekend before that would be much better for me. i may not have a choice. lemme see what i can do.

67Weimann

Class Clown
Reaction score
yeah, I'm doing it myself. I started the frames today. It should be kick ass when it's done. I probably wont be ready till then. Unless I roll out there with only a drivers seat...:D

TUFENUFTIMM

ENGINE BUILDER & JET GURU
Reaction score
If I don't have the old 21 motor in the Baker, can I bring the big guy? TIMINATOR

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
So whos down?
Meet in the channel at 11am on Saturday.
Infront of the Agave Inn.

Start the list.

1. No Butt No Putt