WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Backlash

Reaction score
I hope all is OK with the Big V and family. ;)

TLAW719

Reaction score
Hopefully just recovering from his birthday and nothing serious.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
You have been posting like a crazy man up to Jan 1........where did ya go?

He said he wasnt gonna be around. I think he got butthurt in one of the new years threads.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
He's taking a break.
His family is expecting a new baby any second.
In other words,more important things to do.

JRS1939

Reaction score
He's lurking I'm sure ;) you can't just quit something you've been doing hundreds of times daily for a year or two ;)

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Really?
I dunno about the thread, but I hope he comes back :thumbup:

Yea....I think it was the Apache Loop thread where he was saying the river wasn't all about booze and chicks etc...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yea....I think it was the Apache Loop thread where he was saying the river wasn't all about booze and chicks etc...

Yeah I deleted that whole program.. Was kind of a buzzkill on a great weekend and great party.

On that note happy belated birthday V13!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
He said he wasnt gonna be around. I think he got butthurt in one of the new years threads.

He got all high and mighty because he can't handle his booze so he had to quit. All of a sudden now everyone who drinks and parties is below him. I have seen it quite a few times in my life where a person can't drink anymore and they become judgemental towards those that can booze and party without ending up in jail. So he took his ball and went home stomping his feet like a 2 year old. [emoji23]

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

It is all about chicks and booze and boats....

However the river may have a deeper meaning to some, but that doesn't mean it isn't about the 3 things listed above

PVHCA

Reaction score
He got all high and mighty because he can't handle his booze so he had to quit. All of a sudden now everyone who drinks and parties is below him. I have seen it quite a few times in my life where a person can't drink anymore and they become judgemental towards those that can booze and party without ending up in jail. So he took his ball and went home stomping his feet like a 2 year old. [emoji23]

That term is called a "born again", LOL

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Come to think of it. He is a "man of God" now too. Went from one extreme right to the other. No happy medium.

Isn't that what the "born agains" generally do?

It sounded like he was trying to get his life squared away, and with a kid and another on the way it was probably time. It did seem like he was beginning to get a little high and mighty after 2 weeks of full sobriety. The desire to clean up your own life is one thing but don't judge others through the lens of your your transgressions. As Dave said, his problems are not everyone's problems.

Now that he is actually starting to reconnect with the world, maybe he was starting to see other collateral damage his smoking and drinking caused? Even being on here (or the Internet) too much is like an addiction in that you are associating with people here for hours a day instead of your family or "reality".

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Take it easy on the kid guys. Yeah he made a mistake coming in and pointing fingers for sure. But he's fixing himself big time.

I think he'll be back. He is just focusing on him and his family right now. As mentioned he has another little one on the way among everything else.

He really has cleaned himself up.

Let's not let one comment in bad taste tar and feather a fellow asylum member.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
When it comes to religion....I think it's more personal than public... after all it's called "personal salvation"

being from Vegas.... I like to bet on the odds...

sofar....those that don't believe....don't....

and those that do....do

there are far more that don't,......that at some point....do

then those that do and at some point ....don't

the one that don't.... have a strong opinion.....as do those that do....

good way to start an argument.....or heated discussion.....

I do find it interesting..... what Carlin said though...why pray to someone on there day off:p

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Take it easy on the kid guys. Yeah he made a mistake coming in and pointing fingers for sure. But he's fixing himself big time.

I think he'll be back. He is just focusing on him and his family right now. As mentioned he has another little one on the way among everything else.

People are a little hurt because they gave him support while he was whining and struggling. Then he's feeling better after a week and starts attacking and judging the people that were trying to support him. It just seemed insincere and ungrateful.

I don't have anything against him but as someone that was watching, I can see how the whole thing rubbed people the wrong way.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Not to say things without V here to defend himself and meaning no disrespect, but his temper and the tendency to make all issues personal lead to a lot of his issues......Poor kid is wound pretty tight and is too spontaneous to "throw down" before realizing he isn't the target of conversations. The word "maturity" comes to mind.;)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not to say things without V here to defend himself and meaning no disrespect, but his temper and the tendency to make all issues personal lead to a lot of his issues......Poor kid is wound pretty tight and is too spontaneous to "throw down" before realizing he isn't the target of conversations. The word "maturity" comes to mind.;)

The Mellenial mentality :)

No disrespect either. I hope I catch up with him and his family at the river sometime.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
People are a little hurt because they gave him support while he was whining and struggling. Then he's feeling better after a week and starts attacking and judging the people that were trying to support him. It just seemed insincere and ungrateful.

I don't have anything against him but as someone that was watching, I can see how the whole thing rubbed people the wrong way.

I agree. I saw it too. Was one bad comment from what I can recall. I don't know if he apologized but I'm just saying let's not let one bad comment ruin the progress.

It's been longer than a month and I've been in contact almost daily and know he's doing well.

Knowing him a little and having seen his history on here I don't believe his posts were meant to be a personal attack.

I do believe he was condemning in his comments though instead of just proposing a different viewpoint. The way he did it wasn't cool.

All I'm saying is I've seen this ragtag group come together in awesome support of members. I've also seen crucifixion. Let's just give him a little Grads leeway and not Frank Stone him. He'll figure it out.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score

Agreed. And he's figuring that out. One of the reasons he's not here right now.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
The dude doesn't post on RDP for 4 days and you guys got him on suicide watch.:rolleyes I know this will be tough for some of you to understand but it IS possible to go without RDP for days or even weeks at a time......trust me I know.;)

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I like Vic.

He has quite a bit going on in his life for being 27 / 28. And he is proud of his and his families accomplishments.

Since I was in Parker drinking and boating, I missed his posts in Dave's Keys thread. Hard to beat Coors Lights on the river on New Years Day :thumbsup Even if it was cold as fuck.

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
I can see the whole sobriety thing being an issue with V and he in all probability is searching for where he fits in to society. With his last few years being disrorded by drugs and booz his maturity probably isn't developed and is not where it should be but I really enjoyed following his struggle to get his life back on track. I truly hope that he finds his way and is able to come back to RDP and provide the level of entertainment that he provided pre sobriety. :thumbsup

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Personally I got tired of all his tough guy talk. Makes him look like a spoiled child.

I make no idol threats and this guy runs his threat engine on the rev limiter with his mind in park.

Aside from that I enjoy his family and construction pics.

Maybe he comes back more mellow?

People here come and go, life moves out, in, and on. No sense fighting it. As long as he and his family are healthy thats all that matters.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well said.
The dude doesn't post on RDP for 4 days and you guys got him on suicide watch.:rolleyes I know this will be tough for some of you to understand but it IS possible to go without RDP for days or even weeks at a time......trust me I know.;)

Well said as well..

Ironically enough I read this whole thread and agree with it, even though some of it is contradictory.. Lol.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
"Not to say things without V here to defend himself and meaning no disrespect", and then you launch into just that? We all get it, your "that guy" who prefaces every lie with, "to be honest with you"! Maybe the fool preaching "maturity" needs to develop some themselves? "Maturity", is Picking a downed soldier up NOT kicking him when he's down!:thumbsdown

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
"Not to say things without V here to defend himself and meaning no disrespect", and then you launch into just that? We all get it, your "that guy" who prefaces every lie with, "to be honest with you"! Maybe the fool preaching "maturity" needs to develop some themselves? "Maturity", is Picking a downed soldier up NOT kicking him when he's down!:thumbsdown

Every time you post I want to change your screen name to disassociate you from the company you represent on here.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Every time you post I want to change your screen name to disassociate you from the company you represent on here.
Thanks for the thoughts but do you agree or disagree with my post?

Bails

Reaction score

It's funny you mention this Dave. Do to some of his comments I have stopped using their product. I'm back to River Reflections, It takes extra effort to track it down since West Marine is no longer carries it. Some of his comments rub me the wrong way and make the extra effort worth it.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
It's funny you mention this Dave. Do to some of his comments I have stopped using their product. I'm back to River Reflections, It takes extra effort to track it down since West Marine is no longer carries it. Some of his comments rub me the wrong way and make the extra effort worth it.

This is exactly why I'm asking because I have also done the same for the same reason...

Bails

Reaction score
This is exactly why I'm asking because I have also done the same for the same reason...

In a thread a while back, sauce was doing his thing and all I could think is there is no way he works for that company. It's my understanding that he does work for that company.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Seriously Saucer???
KettleCallingPotBlack[1].jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We went over the whole sauce sprayer deal last year when I pointed out that some of Brads posts were over the top for a guy whose screen name is exactly reflective of the brand he peddles.

I quit buying it at that time, and caught a little flak here for bringing it up, but I also pointed out that MOST business owners or advertisers here are accutely aware of social media and negative impact, so they do not engage in negative posts like others (including myself) will.
(I got nothing to lose!)

This phylosophy escapes him at times it seems.

This is actually the first I've heard of young Victor bailing in RDP...