WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey lifted truck guys...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have never had this happen driving a car. But, in my truck, that has an 8" lift on 37" tires, it happens on a regular basis!

People seem to think they can merge right into you, and youll get the fuck outa their way. One old lady slamed right into the side of my truck, and tried to blame it on me! Another chick pulled the same trick, and ran right into my tire. Another guy did the same thing, and called in a hit and run! When the CHP showed up, and saw his paint on my tire, he knew right away what happend.

So last night, it happended again, some stupid chick tries to move right into me! I wasnt in the mood to deal with all the drama, and I had the room to more over (luckly for her) and was able to get outa her way.

So do you guys with trucks have this happen to you? It's never happend to me when I've been driving one of my cars!

I dont get it...

:headscratch:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Don't be so hard on these people. They're in a hurry to get to the bank in their stock vehicles with their doubled up mortgage payments.

Joker

Reaction score
The issue I have is actually seeing the car on the right. Most of the time they have their signal on but I can't see it. I do occasionally have the person that says screw it and moves over and I'm always tempted to pit them but then hit the brakes.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Maybe they can't see you up there from their tiny cars with their little baby side view mirrors....:cool: Try to stay out of those blind spots....:thumbsup

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Well I must have a smaller penis and a much smaller bank account than you because I have a 10" lift on 37's:D Seriously though I really have not ever noticed or had an issue with this.

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
Happens ALL The time.. I was just talking to my Girl Friend about how some jackass thought I was invissable and tried running the front end off my truck.. Hell I'm in a state where these dumbass's wouldn't be safe with a Lawnmower..

Danzkawi

Reaction score
Have you ever had some jackass in a lifted truck, posting on RDP while eating a donut change lanes into you because he cant see you. And then blame you. Happens all the effing time..

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Have you ever had some jackass in a lifted truck, posting on RDP while eating a donut change lanes into you because he cant see you. And then blame you. Happens all the effing time..

You should post more, Danzkawi.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

And look who comes outa the wood work!!! :rotflmao:

LomitaBob

Reaction score
I had a lady going 25 mph slower than me turn right into the drivers side of my 05 chevy hd. almost rolled it and took out a bunch of cars and totaled my truck. but she had just been released from the hospital and was on some kind of meds

Reaction score
From over here it seems there are trying to scare you taller.

RivrKD

Reaction score
I get hit on the side at night. They say that they can't see my head lights. Because, its too high. What you can't hear how load the truck is dumb ass??

Duffster

Reaction score
I have never had that happen when driving my big truck same lift and tires. Most of the time when people see tires up to their windows they stay away.

I know when I'm in my Mini Cooper I
say away big time.

Fury25

Reaction score
the one that pisses me off is when i'm towing the 40ft toyhauler and the people getting on the freeway think i'm going to get the big pig out of the way so they can get on the freeway at their own pace!! or when ppl pull in front of you and slam on the brakes trying to get off the freeway, I guess they are unaware that I cant stop as fast as they can :grumble:.

I guess I just chalk this up to first world problems, smile, and move on. ;)

Danzkawi

Reaction score
I wish he would too. Dan is a great f'n guy. And a great friend as well. :thumbsup

Yea we go way back, you are great friend as well....we are taking the boat out for a quick bay run to excersize it.....

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Yea we go way back, you are great friend as well....we are taking the boat out for a quick bay run to excersize it.....

I take it you'll be riding shotgun on the look out for merging Nissan Versas?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
This isn't a lifted truck problem. It's an idiot driver problem. I have people try and change lanes into me all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
the one that pisses me off is when i'm towing the 40ft toyhauler and the people getting on the freeway think i'm going to get the big pig out of the way so they can get on the freeway at their own pace!! or when ppl pull in front of you and slam on the brakes trying to get off the freeway, I guess they are unaware that I cant stop as fast as they can :grumble:.

I guess I just chalk this up to first world problems, smile, and move on. ;)

That pisses me off also. The BumbleNuts don't even look at what is coming down the freeway, then they see the truck and slow down a little thinking they just have to let the truck go by...then they see the trailer and end up on the shoulder.

Regarding the original post, I have never had it happen, but I drive a baby lifted truck with only a 6" lift and 35's.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Whenever a close-call happens while I'm driving my truck, I spend the next few days scanning Craigslist personal ads :thumbsup

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
I guess I just drove like a asshole in my lifted truck because people would move out of my way. Now that i drive a lowered truck they cut me off again. :grumble:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
You guys need to start listening to NGE,Train Horns solved all his problems.:D

LOL! They really do help. Especially when the truckers on the 40 are driving side by side and won't let you pass.

A few years ago I had some 17yr old kid hit my tire. Mt truck was fine, but the quarter panel on his mom's Camry was fucked.

I never really get people trying to cut me off, I feel that one of the biggest benefits of having a lifted truck is that people get out of my way.

Look at even just these boards, people hate lifted trucks. I don't know why really. The only issue I have is blinding the person in front of me with my head lights, and sometimes (if Im feeling nice) Ill turn them off until the light turns green. Oh and people cut me off when towing, but that happens in even non lifted trucks.

Last edited:

Reaper1

Reaction score
This isn't a lifted truck problem. It's an idiot driver problem. I have people try and change lanes into me all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

Ding Ding Ding.............People are fuckin stupid, plain and simple.

soupersonic

Reaction score
So youve never left black swirl marks down the side someones car from your BFG mud terrains? :D

nordictom

Reaction score
LOL! They really do help. Especially when the truckers on the 40 are driving side by side and won't let you pass.

A few years ago I had some 17yr old kid hit my tire. Mt truck was fine, but the quarter panel on his mom's Camry was fucked.

I never really get people trying to cut me off, I feel that one of the biggest benefits of having a lifted truck is that people get out of my way.

Look at even just these boards, people hate lifted trucks. I don't know why really. The only issue I have is blinding the person in front of me with my head lights, and sometimes (if Im feeling nice) Ill turn them off until the light turns green. Oh and people cut me off when towing, but that happens in even non lifted trucks.

So who has the hook up on the train horns? I need a set for my LIFTED TRUCK.

NT

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Just wait until they get pissed and put the trailer out into the shoulder or center divider and rock your truck all up. Ask me how I know this. :grumble:

That's what the gun under the seat is for! LOL jk

I had one trucker shine one of the million candle lights at me when I passed him because of my HIDs. He was just holding it out the window. My buddy was following not to far behind in his lifted F250 and hit the trucker with 4 PIAA lights...Trucker gave up. :D

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
So who has the hook up on the train horns? I need a set for my LIFTED TRUCK.

NT

Are you going to install yourself?..It's pretty easy.

My first kit was from Seige Engineering but they wen't out of biz. The kit was less than about $300 and was loud. However it came with a cheap compressor and .5 gal tank which sucks because you cant hold them down too long.... So then I bought a $500 set of horns and a 3 Gal tank (about $60). The bigger horns needed 175psi and the tank took awhile to fill, so I went with a Viair 200psi Comp. They are really pricey though and it took a shit within 3 months- I hear that's common with the 200psi compressors. So I ditched those horns, they were louder but I was going to have to run double compressors. So I went to smaller horns and a Viair 150psi compressor, they are a lil louder than my 1st set.

So basically you can find nice kits for 300-600 depending on how crazy you go. Hornblasters has some "ok" kits and there's a few guys on Ebay with good kits. I'll have to look at my favorite sellers list. If you have a shop do it, they will rape you in labor.

Last edited:

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
I've never really had that problem out here, but I think its just cause my truck is only leveled and on 35s. I have had people do that to my Cavalier, but that could just be because it only gets 30 mpg. :cool:

nordictom

Reaction score
Are you going to install yourself?..It's pretty easy.

My first kit was from Seige Engineering but they wen't out of biz. The kit was less than about $300 and was loud. However it came with a cheap compressor and .5 gal tank which sucks because you cant hold them down too long.... So then I bought a $500 set of horns and a 3 Gal tank (about $60). The bigger horns needed 175psi and the tank took awhile to fill, so I went with a Viair 200psi Comp. They are really pricey though and it took a shit within 3 months- I hear that's common with the 200psi compressors. So I ditched those horns, they were louder but I was going to have to run double compressors. So I went to smaller horns and a Viair 150psi compressor, they are a lil louder than my 1st set.

So basically you can find nice kits for 300-600 depending on how crazy you go. Hornblasters has some "ok" kits and there's a few guys on Ebay with good kits. I'll have to look at my favorite sellers list. If you have a shop do it, they will rape you in labor.

Thanks for the info. yes, I'll do the install myself. Let me know if you have a seller in your favorites list.

NT

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I have 2 sets of leslie's for sale. $350 each. They are the real deal, not the cheap wanna be shit you find online.

As far as this thread goes.......Welcome to my world. Getting cut off and slowing down/stoping in front of my 80,000# truck is an every day accurance. Hell it happens at least 2-3 times an hour. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RLJ676

Reaction score
I actually do think it's worse when I'm in my trucks than when I've had cars. I've kinda thought it's cuz they think you're "slow" so they can just pull in/cut off/ do whatever....not realizing you don't stop instantly. How dumb are these people that will end up w/ a bumper in their driver side window though?

I definitely don't really mind it in the truck as "I'll win" that little tie up.....but I really fuckin hate it if I'm on the bike!:drillsergeant:

02Essex

Reaction score
hornblasters.com has them too thats where i got mine ....

Danzkawi

Reaction score
:fingers:

Post some pics when you get back. Should be a good day today!

Absofuckinlutely beautiful at the Oside harbor while we were there. Sorry didnt take any pics..

Kyle at WOT deserves kudos thanks again dude....

Bails

Reaction score
All this talk about other cars pulling into your lane has reminded me of an old technique that I used to use so people would make room for me. The "drunken swerve". After years of research, I've learned that the "drunken swerve" works to perfection with an older, larger car, such as the '89 Bronco I profected it in. To perform the "swerve" allow your car to drift to the edge of your lane and before crossing the line, snap it back to the center of the lane. Do not use a turn signal while doing the swerve. This simple manuver usually causes the driver in the lane next to you, to back off. Most likely, saying or thinking, this guy must be drunk, or some variation. (this sh**head must be drunk) A**hole, you get the idea.:skull
I've tried this move in a mini van and it did not have the same affect. I've tried it with my wifes civic, no dice. Suburban, not bad results. Newer longbead 2500, not 100% but still works. I think the key is an older car, that sits higher than most.
One key point----do not try this move if you have had even one beer, as doing the "drunken swerve" increases the likelyhood of being pulled over by a law enforcement offical for being drunk.:eek:

Disclaimer: I do I condone drunken driving. This manuver was created only to get the a**holes that drive LA freeways to allow some space for me to merge:D

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I was hit in my F350 Ceres cab with a 6 inch lift getting on the 118, the guy side swiped me 3 times, said he didn't see me.... I get it.

Bails

Reaction score
you just need to get your swerve on