WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey Dad, how does this work??

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I saw this on ebay and thought it would be bitchen to use in the kitchen. Kids looked at it like it was a spaceship:D:D I can't wait to try it out, sure brings back a lot of memories :thumbsup:thumbsup

photo.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Does it have the 20' cord so they can hide in the closet and talk or just the 4 footer so you get to listen in?

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Does it have the 20' cord so they can hide in the closet and talk or just the 4 footer so you get to listen in?

LOL yep 4 footer. I wonder if I can find a long one. My sisters used to stretch that damn cord for miles trying to hide their conversation, mean while little brother was sitting around the corner listening in and tattling :D:D

linus3

Reaction score
grew up with an exact tan colored one in the kitchen. That cord was always so twisted. Dad used to get pissed at that. Cool find. :thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys remember when phone numbers were...

Atlantic42705 :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Do you guys remember when phone numbers were...

Atlantic42705 :D
I found a match book in a building we renovated 9 yrs ago where the number printed on it was only 4 digits long(this matchbook looked to be from the 50's, maybe even back into the 40's). When I was a little tike our ph number in Buena Park was two letters and 5 digits.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Had a powder blue one in the kitchen. My mom was deadly accurate with the handst. It got launched at me quite often. This was her way of tellin me to be quite while she was on the phone. She would then tell who she was talkin to "sorry I dropped the phone"

I wonder if phone lines will still pick up the analog dialing signal that thing sends out??

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I just showed the picture to my 8year old and she said it was a old fashion phone...

Wayne Zighter

B list Member
Reaction score
my friend still has a phone like that, it's pure comedy when his kids friends ask to use the phone and can't figure it out

SydneyRaysDad

Average Member
Reaction score
We had the yellow one also. We were on a party line when I was young and you had to tap the bar three or four times to get the operator on the line to make a call............

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
ok...who had party line????? with the phones...(two homes that shared the same line)

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Ours was dark brown and in the garage.

Sent from my African American iPhone using Tapatalk

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I have a red one neXt to my tv chair. Can't push 1 for english. I have a wall phone in my shop with a round rotary dial on top and the hand set hangup on front. There is no service to my shop. It is next to my time clock. It is not plugged in. I have no time cards. If anyone has some, please do not bring them.
HARLAN ORRIN

Wayne Zighter

B list Member
Reaction score
I have a red one neXt to my tv chair. Can't push 1 for english. I have a wall phone in my shop with a round rotary dial on top and the hand set hangup on front. There is no service to my shop. It is next to my time clock. It is not plugged in. I have no time cards. If anyone has some, please do not bring them.
HARLAN ORRIN

:thumbsup:thumbsup, you're living my dream Harlan

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We had one just like that but it was white and had the long cord.

stokernick

Reaction score
guess you kids never saw the pre-dialup phone!! Pick up the receiver:''operator,number,please.'' ''3331'', used to be mad because we had a private line and my friends would tell about listenng in to those on their party lines!! ah,technology!!!:eek:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
ok...who had party line????? with the phones...(two homes that shared the same line)

My cousins had a party line. You would have to pick up the line and see if someone else was on the line, and hang up if they were. LOL.

We had that phone in Green when I was a really young kid.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I know a guy and his kids are always losing the cordless phone. One of his sons gets pissed one day because he can't find the phone again and tells his dad that when he grows up he's going to invent a phone that attaches to the wall with a cord and can't be removed! LOL

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lots of old fucks in this thread!!!

The rest of you bitches are just jealous, cause you didnt grow up with gas that was less than a buck a gallon. :cool:

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score

Oh yeah, Dickens98388.
We got our asses whupped for telling the other fokkers to GET OFF OUR PHONE!:p

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

The rest of you bitches are just jealous, cause you didnt grow up with gas that was less than a buck a gallon. :cool:

When I got my license gas was $.68 for REGULAR :cool:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When I got my license gas was $.68 for REGULAR :cool:

AND we had much cooler cars...

In high school, the parking lot looked like a car show. Boss 302 Mustangs, R/S Camaros, Road Runners with tunnel rams sticking outa the hood, mini trucks with SBC's and all kinna crazy azz chit!

And the river was rocking to the sound of open headers on flats, and it only cost a few bucks to get there.

Yep. It's good to be old. :cool:

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
We had wona deez :D
My first car was a 383 dodge charger and regular at my Arco was 59cents a gallon :cool:

Attachments

• old phone.jpg
    old phone.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 41

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

My first gas powered vehicle was a go-cart with a 5hp Briggs/Stratton and a one gallon tank. I'd push it down to the station and hope .25c wouldn't overflow the tank. This was just before the 70's gas crunch.:cool:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My first gas powered vehicle was a go-cart with a 5hp Briggs/Stratton and a one gallon tank. I'd push it down to the station and hope .25c wouldn't overflow the tank. This was just before the 70's gas crunch.:cool:

Sounds about right. Mine was a Taco22. You were big time with a one gallon tank! :bowdown::D