WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help...Need suggestions on a outdrive repair shop in Orange County....

Punchy

Hanging Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I wrapped someones abandoned anchor rope around my prop over the weekend. This wouldn't normally have been a problem but it had a big anchor shackle on the end which swung around, damaged the drive shower, and broke off a nice chunk of the fin on the lower gear case where the drive shower pickup was mounted (right over the flat round anode). Getting a new braided hose for the drive shower isn't a problem but the damage on the lower unit is a different story. I was hoping to take the lower off myself and take it somewhere to have the broken piece welded back on and finished nice so I can have it repainted. I would like to find a place that specializes in this sort of drive repair rather than someone who is just generally really good at welding aluminum but I'm up for suggestions. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Punch

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
ive fixed many skags, its easier on the boat.. 928-575-6094 one day turn around.

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
heres one that was pretty bad

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 230
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 228

Punchy

Hanging Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but it's not the skag...its the fin that runs above and perpendicular to the skag right above the prop and it's broken where the round anode screws in. I can post pics later for anyone who can't visualize it...

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
Not that it matters, but it's not the skag...its the fin that runs above and perpendicular to the skag right above the prop and it's broken where the round anode screws in. I can post pics later for anyone who can't visualize it...

that shouldnt be a problem ether

Punchy

Hanging Member
Reaction score
Well then I guess you would be perfect for me....if you weren't out in Parker :cool: